South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Happy Thursday (Thanksgiving in the US)!

Wow! Here I sit on the Left Coast, never before having the opportunity to start the daily thread.

Today I am grateful that I woke up ready to have a healthy Thanksgiving day. I want to enjoy the process of preparing for 12 guests, welcoming family and friends then sit down to a reasonable meal. I will not forego anything I truly like but I will also not stuff myself with it either.

Well, gotta get that turkey out of the brine...have a great day everyone!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #2  

happy thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #3  

Lake effect snow, LOL!! I am under 2 feet of it right now. Snowed in , School closed!! Weehee. I enjoy this very much!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving you glorious south of the border angels!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We are up! I thought we'd be down all day.

We have snow here too! More Lake effect. The Girls are all excited and came in all sparkly this morning. Not two feet yet but enough!

I'm a bit in the dumps today as I expected my leg to feel super by now and it doesn't! I know I've been overdoing it so will take it easier today.

Part of my wonderful support team (Rob and John) just came and filled my wood rock to the very top. In a few minutes, I'll start up the woodstove and will snuggle up with a book before I have a bean soup lunch. It's that kind of a day!

If I hold my mouth open, will someone slip me some turkey and stuffing?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:50 AM   #5  

I shoveled for an hour and only 1/2 done. Great exercise!!!! Just had a NON OP hot chocalate with the kids. That will be the only transgression. OUu fire is roaring!!! Ruth you had better not get off that chair unless you need to pee or eat! ( shaking my finger maternally).
Old 11-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #6  
Exercise Queen

I thought the boards were going to be down today? It's nice to see I'm not the only person who checked anyway. I'm off to workout right now. I check back in if the boards are still up later. Oh yeah I weighed in this morning and I was down 3 more pounds, putting me so close to my Thanksgiving goal, and almost into ONEderland!
Old 11-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Thanksgiving Day!
I was surprised to see the boards open today, too. I had to check on something at another website, and thought I'd check in here since I've been absent the past couple of days. It's been a whirlwind of activity around here, and one of my granddaughters has been staying with us all week, too, so I've hardly had time to myself!
The turkey has been in the oven since 10, and the table is set, so all we need now are the guests, which should be arriving within the hour. So far I've been OP today, even early this morn when my son stopped by with a dozen donuts and muffins. I had a WW bagel with lite cream cheese. I feel pretty good that I'll be OK today, I hope.
Time to check the bird! Have a happy day!
Old 11-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #8  
beachbum

Wishing you all a Happy Thankgiving Ladies

I tried to get earlier onto this thread but I was unable to post it.The smilies aren't working either.

Hope I can on my tomorrow morning.

Now its posting.

Hugs BB
Old 11-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Ruth - say "Aaaah"!

We all had a nice time at my mom's for Thanksgiving. DS and his cousins all played really well together - I guess daycare is doing a good job of socializing them! Mom made turkey, a sweet potato casserole (NOT the kind with marshmallows! Ick!), green beans with mushrooms, a spinach-artichoke heart casserole, rolls, and a veggie-cranberry-wild rice-brown rice dish. I took vegs, dip, and olives for appetizers, SIL brought a green salad, and mom made pies for dessert. Yum! But for once, no one seemed to eat themselves sick - so I guess the SBD has had some effect on our eating habits! DS and his younger cousin were pretty exhausted by the time dessert was over with, so we wrapped things up by around 7 or 8 and came home. DS fell asleep on the way (natch), and woke up just long enough to screech his protests at having his diaper changed and his jammies put on. Then I held him til he calmed down, and we put him to bed. He's still soundly asleep! All that turkey and almost no naps really did him in!
Closed Thread