South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:49 AM   #1  

Default The Tuesday Chick Chat :)

Evening chickies

I am almost off to bed and dropped in to say hi and thought I would start the thread up tonight...

Today was a very good day - I finally got back into the exercise and did some tae bo also did some work in the garden and bought some new car seat covers for the new car.. that was incredibly frustrating it took me ages!

Well i am off to bed - have a good day
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 AM   #2  

Hi Ladies!

I had a good on plan day yesterday. I probably didn't eat enough, but worked through the need to stress eat some bad stuff. Yay for me! Today's goal is to get more veggies and water.

I went to the gym last night. I thought I was going to go by myself and DH was going to keep DS. But, DS protested and won. No biggie! He is in the kid care anyways. (They said he was an angel by the way ) I went to Kmart afterwards to take care of a gift. They didn't have what I wanted, but I walked around anyways. I found myself a toy. A black and decker griddle/grill combo. (I already had this on my buy list for my vacation in April to Disney. I plan on sneaking it in and having my turkey bacon and egg beaters for breakfast. Save money, don't have to wait on hubby to get ready, don't have to get DS up and ready... works for me. ).

Well, I'm off to get ready. I just tried something new. I started my day with some yoga. Just a few sun salutations, but I feel good that I did it. I only did it for 3 minutes. Every little bit counts, right? Should I put a measely 3 minutes on my exercise log?

gotta get ready. I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:16 AM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

Good morning (or night!) Marianna!

I actually went to bed last night! As opposed to early this morning! But I was up by 3 am, with my usual four hours of sleep again. Ah well! Registered for my classes last night: I'm taking Social Psychology and I'd signed up for Astronomy but I think I'll be switching to Geology (depends on which lab sciences are also offered Spring quarter). I emailed the instructors last night asking about how the labs are dealt with and if the classes would be offered in the spring, too. I heard back from the chemistry instructor and the geology instructor, and actually started quite a nice little email conversation with the geology instructor. She sounds like we have fairly compatible personalities, which is nice. I love geology; as a young child (like 2nd or 3rd grade or thereabouts), I would frequently check out all the reference books and field guides to minerals and rocks that my school's library had - just for fun - while the other girls were reading Barbie books or whatever it was that girls my age read back then! I think I read nonfiction more than fiction even as a child. Even my favorite fictions tended to be based on true stories or lives (the Little House series, Marguerite Henry's books, etc). Lewis's Narnia series and Cosgrove's books were the main exceptions to the rule.

Anyway (you can always tell when I'm tired: I babble!), it looks like another busy day for me! As one of two days in the next two weeks where something is *not* due, I'll be going shopping for my mother's birthday present and for groceries - maybe make a trip to Costco, too. DS's daycare provider called last night to say that she needs me to pick DS before 3 pm, as neither of her young helpers can make it there today. But she offered to take him tomorrow, too, since she has a few kids who will be out because of the holiday. So I can do all my shopping sans toddler, without sacrificing study time - yay! On the other hand, I really miss him while he's in daycare, so I'll probably go into hugs withdrawal or something by tomorrow night!

I'm taking the appetizers for Thanksgiving dinner at mom's, and since she and my dad are both on the Beach, and DH and I are (more or less), too, I'm taking lots of vegs, some olives, hummus, and a low-fat homemade ranch dip. I might toss in a few ww pitas, too. I thought that'd be much healthier than chips or crackers and dip, and it sure won't hurt to approach all that turkey with tummies full of raw vegetables. Not to mention the pie afterwards!

What's everyone else up to?

Last edited by H-ko; 11-22-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 AM   #4  
Who needs sleep?

Hi Djett! I was being long-winded when you posted! Good for you on passing on the stress eating! Yay!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:22 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and Tylenol3 needed. Back in a bit!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:29 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

Morning all...I'm not usually up this early, but I had a paper for work & I need to go some grocery shopping for the big meal!
Ruthie - do take care of yourself!!
Heather - you need more zzz's
Djett - great job going to the gym!
Mariana - hello!
I'm off to get some things done!! BYE!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:42 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Mornin', chickies!!

Marianna: I know what you mean. I put car seat covers on my car a few mos. ago and it was a pain in the butt. I still haven't figured out how to get them on the back seat, which is what I wanted them for in the first place. Oh well!!

Djett: You're doing so good on exercise. I love yoga! I used to do it everyday. Now that you've got me thinking about it maybe I may start again............

H-ko: "Keep it up! It's almost over!" That's the chant that keeps running through my head 24/7 right now. 2 weeks and three days and I wont have to think about school for a month! Yayyy!!

Ruth: I'll have coffee with ya this am....and a tylenol three, please ! Kidding!!! Make it something stronger. Hehehehe!! Hope you feel better soon!! Kiss the girls for me.

Me, well I've been having a really rough time still. I figured out a while ago that it's stress eating. I never thought I reacted to stress that way just that I didnt eat the right foods and didnt exercise enough. Well, I guess I do cause I'm craving carbs, whole grain carbs, but carbs. I can't seem to do a decent P1 that I've been trying to do for over a week now. Grrr! I'm frustrating myself.

But today is another day, right? I'm going to make a pledge right now before all the SBD chicks: Today, Nov. 22, will be strictly a P1 day with no straying. I need you girls to hold me accountable. I will check in periodically today with updates as to if I've been OP so far. I know it sounds so silly to not be able to go one day but if I could just do it it would be a huge accomplishment for me. Ok, so here goes!! Wish me luck! Menu for today:

B: eggs, green beans, parm cheese
S: celery and crm cheese
L: tuna salad w/ celery and cuc's
D: souflee stuffed chicken, mashed cauliflower, broccoli
S: ricotta something or other
Old 11-22-2005, 08:48 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! That's a relief! Caffeine and drugs, my fave! Every day is a little bit better but I am still astonished at the amount of pain in the knee. I guess scraping the bone is the cause.

The Girls are home and just loving it! Lucy has decided that she needs to prepare for winter. Every time she goes outside, she digs up an old bone and brings it in. I guess I am supposed to keep them in preparation for the snow coverng her burial sites!

Today I am going to focus on veggies and water. I have been too much into carby comfort the past few days and know I need to eat better to heal! At my age, you'd think I'd be smarter!

My friend, Greenhouse Lorraine, is coming over for coffee this morning. She will be leaving for Florida this weekend! I'm anxious to know about the status of the Greenhouse sale as I'm looking forward to working there next Spring.

A nap is on the schedule for this afternoon and I am NOT going to a stupid meeting tonight so must send a report.

What's happening on your sand pile?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #9  

Woke up with an achey body. Probably all the pie trying to get out of my system, LOL! In spite of my best intentions I ate pie for breakfast with coffee. YUM! The rest of the day was about puttering, storytime, putting away the good dishes. I napped, yes napped in the aft for 1 1/2 hours. My daughter is such an angel and always happy to play on her own. I was at hockey from 4-6, which was much smoother than last week. Came home for left over turkey dinner, YUM. And then off to school council meeting. We had a role playing session for the conflict resolution skill training and then a reg meeting. I was super pooped but it was fantastic. Came home and went right to bed. I picked a light book for reading when at the library but it is toooo light. Needs to have some substance.
Great morning.Kids slept in a bit but it was not rushed.
I must, must, must get at the Avon orders today. 3 preschoolers here. I will do my yoga tape to stretch these kinks out. The pie is thankfully gone.
HUGS dear friends.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #10  

Good morning, ladies! I have taken this week off for vacation so I can get the house cleaned and everything ready. We do an after Thanksgiving get together on Friday. We'll have a ham on Wednesday, go over to a friend's house on Thursday and then have a big group here on Friday. I've made up a huge amount of my Spicy Cranberry Sauce so I will have some for each even. I may make a small amount with sugar for the Thursday since the family we are visiting cannot have Splenda. I baked banana bread yesterday for my son's party as school today and will head up there this morning to help out with their Turkey Trot. They get a feather for every quarter mile they run (goal is a mile) and then stick them in a wooden turkey. Looks like it won't be too cold this year.

I still have lots of house cleaning to do. We did get almost all of the Cub Scout popcorn delivered (2 cans left) but I think I'm going to let Brian take the empty boxes outside on Friday to make forts with the kids that come. We have 24 boxes which should be enough for them to have fun with and then I can recycle them afterwards.

My weight is lower than my ticker which isn't bad since TOM arrived yesterday and I gained a pound with that. I need to drink my water today.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #11  

H-ko- Ahhhh! Shopping sans toddler sounds like heaven. It is amazing how much fun just walking through Walmart can be without having to be on alert for the messes that toddlers can make or the tantrums when they get bored!

Pearshape- Thanks! I struggle through yoga, but I think I need to do something structured for flexibility. I have a tendency to rush through a stretch without instruction. Go for it! You will feel better for doing it again!

I so feel you on the Phase 1 problems. Last week I had every intention of doing Phase 1 for a few days to cleanse myself of the cravings from my weekend carb fest. I lost. I stayed on phase 2 all week, but it made me feel awful not to have willpower for just a few days. Hang in there! You can do it! By the way where is your mid afternoon snack?

Ruth-I'm glad you are feeling better! Here's to even faster healing!

Hollyhock- We must have a yoga theme going on. Good luck with the kinks! I'm glad the pie is gone!!!!!

Barb- Great job on the weight loss!!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #12  
Exercise Queen

Good Morning! I'm off and running, but wanted to say a quick "hi" first. I won't be home til late tonight, hopefully I won't be to sleepy to check in then.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:29 AM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I guess alot of the chicks are traveling to their TG destrations.as the board seem somewhat quite today.

Not doing to much today, we're expecting a storm hitting our way this afternoon,with snow tonight. Here we go again GRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Does Kraft make turkey bacon, asking because on another board I post to,they said that trukey bacon had the SB approval seal. Never saw that before.I guess I have to look in the bacon section and see what brand is SB approved.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-22-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi

Love you all

Bye!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #15  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Ok, it's 1:15 and so far so good. I had an OP b'fast, and just finished an OP lunch, I've had 3 glasses of water and am about to have a 4th. I will have an OP day today!!

BTW, I added great northern beans to a packet of salmon instead of tuna with OO and lemon juice for my tuna salad. Yummy! Way better than mayo...and I thought nothing could top a nice gooey tuna salad. This will be a new rotation for me.
Closed Thread