Old 07-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #1  

Default yourself fitness

Has anyone tried this? It's a video game for x-box,Playstation 2, or pc that is basically a fitness instructor! I've heard it's good....but wanted a 2nd opinion before spending $30 on it.
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #2  

Hey, I actually just got done doing it.. I love it... It's great for a quick 15 minute workout.. I use to only be able to do about 7 minutes of it and have to quit, but now I've got enough strength to do 30 minutes. It has a lot of different exercise programs to choose from, you can focus on weight loss, flexiblity, cardio, upper, core of lower body stregth.. you can choose the intensity of each workout, the music and you can add weights, step bench, balance ball and other stuff.. It has yoga on there also.
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:27 PM   #3  

I've had Yourself!Fitness since Valentines Day. LOL! Don't think my husband is a gerk--I asked for it

I really, really enjoy it. I started off doing it 6 days per week. I lost some weight, and I certainly felt more energetic. I kept the 6 days per week pace up for a few months, but then I grew tired of doing it.

My biggest beef with it is that I get bored easily, so it started to be a drag. I still do it on occassion (maybe twice a week). I'm so glad I bought it though--it's definitely worth the investment.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions about it, if you have any!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #4  

I've had it for about two weeks, and I love it.
Raiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  

I just needed to tell someone this---

I've been doing Yourself!Fitness since February, and this weekend was the first time that Maya didn't tell me that I'm overweight!! She finally suggested a different goal for me than "Weight Loss." I wanted to kiss the screen!!

Anywho---not too many people would understand my excitement except my fellow-Yourself!Fitness users!!! I just had to tell someone!!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #6  

The thing I really appreciated about yourselffitness was that it had such a cool novelty factor. When I was going through a workout slump, I discovered this "game". My curiousity about it got me exercising again.
Scorpio Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #7  
hara hachi bu

Default I want Maya!

I really want this, but I'm not sure if it would work on my PC. And I don't have any video-gaming system to use it on. I would probably consider buying it if I hadn't recently done an inventory of my exercise-equipment graveyard ... 1 HealthWalker, 1 AerobicRider, 1 jump rope, 1 hula hoop, 1 fitness ball, 1 pedometer, 2 sets of weights, a Curves membership and about 100 video tapes and DVDs.

I still think I'll buy it sometime in the future. That, and DDR.

Last edited by phantastica; 10-11-2005 at 12:21 AM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 AM   #8  
Me&nephew super heros

Here is the Specs for the PC version of the game...

Minimum specs:
- Windows 2000/XP
- 500mhz CPU
- 128 MB RAM
- 24 MB Video Card
- 24x CD Rom
- 1.1 GB Hard drive space

Recommended specs:
- Windows 2000/XP
- 1ghz CPU
- 256 MB RAM
- 64 MB Video card
- 48x CD-ROM
- 1.1 GB Hard drive space

Details
dizzi_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:28 AM   #9  
hara hachi bu

Thanks, Dizzi_v! I'm not sure what kind of video card my PC has in it. I'm thinking it's not a vid card designed for gaming, and I've been too lazy to research. Wait, not too lazy ... too busy using my treadmill all the time ... yeah, that's it.

Last edited by phantastica; 10-11-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 AM   #10  

It's Ok for a while but if your like me you get bored after a week or so. If the weather is nice a fast walk around the park always seems so much more refreshing. I would agree with the sentiment of phantastica so I don't think it will be long befor it's gathering dust or in a carboot sale. (besides which the kids always want the xbox just when I think 'nows a good time to exercise')

SweetE

SweetE
SweetEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:59 AM   #11  
hara hachi bu

Thanks for saying that, SweetE! You helped me realize that I don't really need to rush out and buy the latest, greatest gimmick. Every piece of exercise equipment I purchase, I find myself thinking, "This is it! This hula hoop/support group/dance class/exercise ball/etc. is going to be the magic ticket!" What I really need to purchase is a big bottle of stick-to-itiveness!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #12  
here I go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
T What I really need to purchase is a big bottle of stick-to-itiveness!

If you can find some of this, please tell me where! I'm dying for the jumbo bottle
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #13  

Talking Yourself Fitness

Hi,
I am new here! Just found this site and joined. I bought the Yourself Fitness game yesterday and did my first workout. I really liked it. It was fun to put in all the stats and have Maya set my exercise program. I have also found a couple of recipes I all ready want to try.

I am easily bored too.I am hoping since this changes as you progress and you can earn different places to exercise, etc. that it will keep me motivated, but who knows. I gave my treadmill to my daughter cuz i didnt like it and got bored with the exercise bike (although I still use it some) and was bored to tears with the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's (tho, so many love them) So, we will just have to see. But so far it is neat.

I am like SweetE, I never tire of walking outside. It is invigorating and always interesting things to see, BUT I also know that there are days that outside walking will not be an option, especially here where the temps range from 110 to wind chills of 30 below. So I keep searching for the funnest exercise for inside... and the search goes on and on and on..
brattypatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

Welcome, BrattyPatti! I haven't bought it yet, but I probably would have, had I not gone grocery shopping and spent the $35 on groceries.

I think for me the key is to switch to something different when I get bored - do a stationary exerciser indoors for a while, then switch to a class, find a walking parnter at work, or my latest has been to join Curves.

BrattyPatty and SweetEnough, I think you guys just talked me into going for a walk this sunny, cool afternoon.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #15  

I have yourself fitness... i haven't done it for a while, but when i was in the habit of doing it regularly i quite enjoyed it.
eadavenp is offline   Reply With Quote