South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #1  
Diane2ma

Default I've wandered from the beach ....

I'm sad to say that for the past month, I've wandered from the beach. I'm not sure what happened

I lost almost 20 pounds, I was feeling great, and then BAM!!! A wave broadside me! As I sat there and shook my head, I had a few "snickers" and looked at "mars". Then I became a creature who just "lays" about.

Every day, I wake up and tell myself that I need to find my way back to the beach. I don't know what to do and how to get my willpower back! I can't even find it in myself to go back to Phase I again!

Any ideas?????
Old 10-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #2  

I understand completely. I was faithful for a year....lost 40 pounds..then somehow drifted away and gained back half. It took me several tries to get started again on Phase 1. But I know this way of eating works, so I kept trying.

Just pick a day, make sure you have the correct groceries in the house, plan ahead....and start. With me, sometimes I just have to be in the correct state of mind to start a healthy eating plan....if I'm not ready it won't click.

Keep trying...keep starting over if that is what's necessary. Remember you don't fail till you quit trying.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Good luck with your new motivation- you can do absolutely anything you want to
Old 10-28-2005, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Just re read your post and realised you hadn't made your mind up to come back (so my last post might not've been too helpful)

I started Phase 1 again (after a few years and a few ups and downs) last Monday and have lost 4lbs. There's a thread on the board with others who have also started on the 24/10 which I personally have found really helpful- putting your food intake on the web is great for accountability.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm facing the back sliding right now myself. I have way too many friendly people around me wanting me to have another piece of candy, "here, take some for Monday, you can put it in your desk."

I read a great book that talks some about why we gain the weight back, here's a link to a discussion we had about it recently:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61359
The Thin Commandments by Dr. Stephen Gullo
I know I've probably beaten this to death as many times as I've mentioned it, people will start throwing things at me, but I found the information so incredibly helpful.

We all have faced this problem. You aren't alone at all.
Sarah
Old 10-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

'Fessing up is a good first step - once you've admitted (to yourself and others) that you've slipped off-plan, then you are more likely to feel motivated to change!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #7  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello Diane2ma, I know just what you're talking about. I slipped off the beach about a month ago (after losing 22 pounds) and have been eating way too much junk ever since. I decided to go back on Phase 1 starting tomorrow. I remember that when I started P1 back in July, after the first couple days all my cravings disappeared so I know if I can just get past the first couple of days I should be okay. Why not meet me back on the beach and let's buddy up and get started tomorrow
Old 10-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #8  
Diane2ma

Thanks to everyone! I haven't completely given up, just lost my way a bit. Thanks for the info on that book Sarah. I'm definitely going to look into it. Thanks for your support.

Diane
Closed Thread