Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 02:26 AM   #1  

Cool Another new person!

Hello all! I'm a twice (now three) times WW user!

I joined WW Online about two years ago and lost about 45lbs and kept the weight off for a year, and then rejoined by going to meetings here in Australia - I'm not a good fit for meetings which is why the Online program worked so well for me. The meetings stressed me out so much that I had to quit. When your partner takes you on a spur of the moment romantic picnic the day before you weigh in, and you freak out because he brought non-WW friendly food and ruin it, something is wrong. After that I just gave up on weightloss completely because food was ruining my relationship. We never have fights, but the closest we've come to it was over food and my lack of control relating to food.

HOWEVER, since we're getting married in February, and he's seeing how miserable I am that my summer clothes don't fit, we've both jumped back on the WW wagon and I've pulled out all of my books and have been planning and pointing out our meals.

Last night I pulled out an old tool from the Online days, from the Fast Track program that WW was running in January 2004! It is a guide for 20 point days, "Pick 1 from this column, and 1 from this column, etc" since it worked so well for me back then. I'm using that to work out the Wendie Plan (another thing that has worked) until I get used to the program again.

The best thing is that I'm excited about it again, instead of looking at it like a punishment. I'm making turkey chili from the recipe board tonight and have my 'free' soup in the works to be made tomorrow for my lunches.

Now if I can only get excited about exercise! I have a trip to New Zealand next week that will require a lot of walking so I'm hoping to get long walks in every day to get ready for that!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Pop: I think that it is so cool that you're starting your summer.....I miss ours already. The chilly fall days are wonderful, but it's the bitter cold and snow that I'm dredding...I know it's coming!!!
It will be so helpful to you to have your BF on board with you. My hubby is naturally thin and eats all the time. For my birthday he bought me candy!!! He knows I'm trying to lose!!! Anyway, glad to meet you; glad you're joining our group.
Lynne
Old 10-27-2005, 08:15 AM   #3  

popchex,

Welcome and congratulations for making the choice of a healthy lifestyle! It is so awesome that your fiance (sp?) is doing it along with you! That makes it a lot easier!

I am also not a first timer with WW. I started on 10/13/05. I am doing the flex plan. I am not sure what plan you described. I can't remember it. But I probably know it lol. I am on online member though. There are some neat tools on the site for paying members. I find that helpful. With how often things change, being a member online helps a little.

I think your going to do great though! Your in the right place too! I find these boards to be so awesome! The people here are great inspirations!

You will work in the exercise. Just keep finding ways to do it. There are alot of different exercise videos out there that are good.

Check out my web site (link below in signiture). There you will find some recipes..... WW recipes and others too... with all nutritional information included. You might find something you like there.

Anyway, welcome and good luck to you!! You will do great!

Last edited by TMunday; 10-27-2005 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 10-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Pop, welcome to the group! You have picked a great site to help you in your weightloss efforts! I did weightwatchers for a few months along with walking and lost a few pounds. I am having a hard time getting back to the swing of things after falling off the wagon and every day turns into Ill start the next day. I lose it at night and have a total obsession with food! I follow the flex plan (when I am following a plan) and was walking five times a week on my treadmill. I am lucky to hit 1-2 now. Congrats on the wedding plans and you can do it! At least your fiance is on the wagon with you and following ww too? It helps soooo much to have that support. Keep us posted on the losses and check in often....you will find SO much helpful info!

Lynne, DONTcha just HATE THEM LOL....my DH is thin too and can eat anything he wants to....with MAYBE a 2 lb gain. Oh well, they just dont think huh? Happy BELATED Birthday (whenever it was.........Hope it was a good day anyways)

Tracey, good for you on the loss! keeping up that nonsmoking is hard huh? I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:02 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone!

Lynne - I can sympathise - most of my family was like this when I was back in the States and on WW Online! Drove me nuts when my mom would serve up something fried or smothered in sauce...

Tracy - thanks for the link to your website! I would totally be on WW Online again, but the food here in Australia is SO different than the US, that it would be a waste of money. Plus everything is in kilos, mL, and grams, and the points are different. We have a lot of WW food here too - cheese, cereal, puddings, custard, ham and chicken...it's insane! Oh and the Fast Track was just a tool they put out to get people more motivated - geared towards the people who join as a New Years Resolution.

Thanks Kelly! My FH isn't really following the points, but is helping me follow it and kind of being my conscience - instead of just us eating what he wants, he checks with me to see what my points are and basically doesn't complain about what I want to make. At the beginning, I was coming off of a whole foods lifestyle and he just ate whatever, because he had an active job (pushing a 100lb cart around Sydney all day, fixing copiers).

When I came here, the whole foods thing went out the window and not only my body reacted, but my mind. I went a little crazy since my body couldn't handle all of this refined food again! So we've compromised and he gets his bread, and I get my bread and we eat mostly brown rice and wheat pasta. We just had regular pasta the other day and it was HORRIBLE (to me, he was thrilled )! He also eats veggies without a sound. :P
Old 10-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #6  

Pop,

WOW! It sounds big time different there! I would be so confused!! It is hard enough tallying things up here lol. It sounds like you have tons of WW foods there though! I have not seen that much here at all. Maybe they will be coming here soon. I can hope lol. At least you know the program. Hopefully it won't be to hard to figure out.
Closed Thread