Old 10-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #1  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Red face Workout clothes... your thoughts?

Workout clothes
What do you wear when you work out? What do you recommend? Any particular brand?
I need new fitness wear.

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 10-10-2005 at 04:28 PM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #2  
All That's Left of Me

I wear a not too little/not too big tee shirt, a pair of lycra/cotton blend jogging pants, world's softest socks (from the store in Frankenmouth), and a pair of Asics. Not too be too specific...but if you want to know about my underclothes...just let me know
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

- 2 sportsbras (two keep the ladies in their respective places)
- wicking capri pants or running shorts, either way, a pair of bike shorts underneath
- my old t-shirts that used to be tight on me back at 255, because I still have them and they're a source of motivation or t-shirts I have from races that I've run, another source of motivation
- my beautiful Saucony's that make me feel like a real runner

Target is a great place to pick up inexpensive workout wear, especially if you're dropping sizes.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:23 PM   #4  

I wear a sports bra and capri yoga pants. I love yoga pants for their comfort and fit. I agree with jenicra about Target they have a great selection of sports bras and other workout gear. They carry a Champion sports bra made with a great wicking material, so comfy. Try their website, I've found that sometimes some items are cheaper than in the store. I've also always had good luck with finding workout gear at Kohl's.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:17 AM   #5  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

i wear the same jockey capri active wear pants every time I work out - they got holes in them once (as we discussed in another thread) but I sewed them right up I got them before I ran the marathon in november 2003 and still wear them! i can't believe it (ok so I haven't lost much weight since then!! hehe, but I love them anyway)

a nike red tank top wik top (i have another longsleeve pink wik top that I love for when its a bit chilllier (its a runner designed one))

a wik shelfbra (nike, i got it really cheap!) under a wik champion dd bra

and my saucony's good for wide feet

I like wik, can u tell! and I love my work out clothes
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:31 AM   #6  
Melting Butter

I wear jogging pants and and old t-shirts that I would otherwise never wear in public. Headband to keep the sweat out of my hair and really comfy Nike's.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I LOVE workout clothes so I have nearly a whole dresser full of choices. CoolMax is great stuff to keep from getting too sweaty/overheated. I like a lot of the Adidas stuff as well. Shorts and a tank top are my basic outfit but it depends on what kind of activity I'm going to be doing. I will wear capri pants for yoga/pilates but generally I get too hot in pants running. And of course my new Nike Shox..Mark bought me the 2:54 Marathoner's Shoe and I love them.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

For my weights at home I wear a vest and my knickers!

For lax I wear nike coolmax leggings and a Berlei shock absorber bra and a t shirt.

For kickboxing I have to wear uniform
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

I ussally wear 1 regular bra, one sports bra, and a tank top, if I'm at the gym but if I'm out side, either a hoodie over that or my patagonia wind breaker.
Almost always, black coton lycra bootleg pants from Target. I always rub holes in the thighs so I keep buying them but hey at least they are comfy while they last.
My shoes are a constant problem, for jogging, I got fitted for good Minzo runner they are great so I tossed my old new balance one, I tried to wear them at the gym for kickboxing and ellyptical and they sucked so, I got some newbalance to wear then. we'll see how that works out.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #10  

Lots and lots of suggestions... thank you everyone!
Old 10-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #11  

Since I had workout clothes on the brain from this thread I checked out the sale racks at the mall and came up with a Nike tank top for $3.97 and some Nike shorts for $9! Can't beat that. Well actually they had a bunch of Adidas stuff real cheap but it was all in size XL which I find to be the case generally at Bealls. Apparently it all goes to the sale rack while the smaller sizes are sold at full price. Grr! One of the minuses of losing weight I suppose is seeing clothes you want but not being able to wear them because they are TOO big.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #12  

$3.97 and $9 !! Sheessh.. Where are those type of sales HERE.. haha.
I was looking into Adidas, i REALLY fell in love with the Stella Mccartney designer line but it's been hard FINDING it anywhere. The nearest place they sell it was 15 minutes away, i went and looked all over and didn't find the type of clothes i wanted.

I would really just love to get some adidas shorts but i'm still very uneasy about wearing shorts because of how my legs look. It's funny since two years ago i used to were mini skirts! :[ But i've always looked bad with shorts, i don't know why.

I've been using my stretchy really thin cotton/lycra black GAP pants but i notced last time i worked out that i had a nice line of sweat on my behind [wher emy thong was]! eeeeeek! Wasn't very pleasant. I wish i just had my own gym so i wouldn't have to care! It is also hard to run in the stretchy pants because they are a bit big now and since they stretch they fall off while i'm running so i have to constantly pull them up. :/
Old 10-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #13  
Totally motivated!!

I agree with you girls on Target! I love some of the stuff that they have. I just found these really soft Champion yoga pants........but they are $30!!! So those will have to wait! I just started a spinning class (and it's kicking my butt, btw!! lol) and I really need to find some padded bike shorts. Those seats hurt!!! So far none of the "regular" stores have had them. I might give ebay a shot.
gammagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #14  

Just another thought on working out while wearing thong underwear...not usually a good idea due to sweat and other factors. I've heard it increases UTIs etc.

I generally only buy workout clothes when they are on sale and since Adidas/Nike/etc change colors seasonally you can get whole outfits in the discontinued color and I've never had anyone say "omg that light purple color was soo last fall!"

Good luck shopping and don't worry about your legs..they are my problem area too but I've found that by wearing shorts to the gym and checking out my reflection as I'm working out I realize hey my quads/hamstrings are pretty strong and looking more toned everyday.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #15  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

I shop at Target for decent quality bras, tees, and shorts. When I'm in the mood for a cheap workout bra that I know won't last too long, but that I need because the bounce has gone out of my other ones, I shop at Kohls.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote