Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #1  

Default anyone that started around 230lbs

i'm 5'7 and just wondering how long it took you to lose your first clothing size ?

i'm a small 22, large 20 in clothes and i really want to get into my size 18 jeans for christmas, and i curious if its an urealistic goal.

kate
Old 10-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hi,

I have about the same amount to lose. I'm losing very slowly, but at least I'm going in the right direction!

It would depend on your metabolism and how many calories + exercise you are doing.

I'm hoping to lose 10 - 12 lbs. by Christmas. That would probably bring me down another size. I started off as a size 22 and I actually bought a nice pants suit in size 16 recently that fits very well. Mostly, though I'm still around 18 - 20. Clothes seem to vary a lot from brand to brand.

Good luck on your goal - even if you only lose a few pounds and don't get into the jeans, at least you're headed in the right direction!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #3  

oh wtg a 16 sounds like heaven right now, though when i was a 16 i was trying to lose weight, go figure !
Old 10-02-2005, 07:15 PM   #4  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

You can do it! Just keep on track and think about your goal if you feel like giving in to temptation!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #5  
bull39

Hello...I'm glad to see there are others who are losing slowly but surely like me. I started at 226 july of 2004 and now i'm at 196. I bought a treadmill and it has made a huge difference. I still eat what I want but smaller portions and I make sure I walk at least 20 mins. a day with an incline which gives me about 0.80 of a mile a day. I also find that I'm a 14/16 or 18/20 depending on brands. I started at a 22. It's taking me a while but I want the weight TO STAY OFF and not come back. All I can say is stay on track and don't let one setback throw you off. I have had like a 100 setback days and I finally stopped putting myself down and just said to myself, "You can start again tomorrow" and that really helped. Luck to All!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

My highest was 250 when I gave birth to #2. Currently I am at 234 (up and down the last 2 years, shame on me). I hope to be down 15 by christmas. I am currently in a 20. Oh and I am 5'8.

I think you can do that goal by christmas if you stick to your guns. Also it will depend on the amount of weight it actually takes you to get to that size. Are you big in the hips and butt, or do you carry your weight high?? I am the big hip/butt person, so it takes a lot more for me to drop sizes.

But none the less... we are all hear for you!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #7  

yeah i'm big ............. everywhere i think tummy the most, it just hangs there, if you know what i mean, mom tummy ! i carried both my babies straight infront, if you saw me from behind you wouldn't even know i was pregnant, and i got sooooooooooooo big, it was astounding, if i can find the pics i'll post them.

kate
Old 10-12-2005, 01:11 AM   #8  
5yrs later/70 lbs thinner

Kate - It sounds as if you and I might be the same approximate build. I'm 5'8" and I have a medium frame. When I was in Women's sizes every 15 pounds equaled one size. In Missy's sizes every 10 pounds is a size.

It really does depend on your build. I'm pretty proportionate, so if you are top or bottom heavy it might be different for you.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:38 AM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Me too,,,But Im big boned. My middle is the biggest part but I am big all over. Proportioned?
Kate both my boys were all in the front. Tanner my youngest was a preamie,,,born 4 weeks early...he weighed in at 9. 3 oz in our family we start them off big. My brothers were all about 10-10.5 lbs each I was small at 8. 4 oz

Im in a size 18-20-22 depending on brand. I think once you are down 10 lbs you will feel the difference in fit. I worked in a plus size woman's clothing store and the vast differences in one size was astounding. I would give 3 women the same size (their size) dress,,,and it would fit them all differently. I am hoping to be down a full size by christmas.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #10  

Not to sure I can help out with how long it will take you to get into the next size jean, but I am just estactic to find some girls who are at or have been where I am now. I have already lost 30 lbs form 254 to 224. I did that just by exercising. I just restarted ww and am in my second week. If any one is looking for a buddy, I could sure use one. Good luck to you all PS I would be thrilled to get into a size 16. I am a somewhere in the middle of 18-20-22. Those 18's are few and far between!!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:24 AM   #11  
Give me strength

Hi
Well since I am in the same range as you,,,if you still need a buddy,,,would like to help you and you help me.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:42 PM   #12  

Hi Angie!

Sure I would love for you to be my buddy! Are you doing WW? What are your goals?

Sounds like we are probably close to the same place in our goals. I have only been back to WW for about 2 1/2 wks. But I have been exercising to lose weight for more than six months.

Look for to getting to know you!

Dega
Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #13  
Give me strength

Hey Dega,
Goals are to get my 10 % which is 28 lbs. Im at 8.8 lbs now,,,4th week in. I do enjoy WW..
Have learned a few things like EAT your points. I didn't in week 3 and gained 2 lbs. I swear they the people in the front could of heard my teeth grinding I was so angry. But the next week I did it all,,,all the points that is and dropped 4.2

Now I did do something crazy yesterday..I ate pierogies,,,without thinking. Ate 6 of them,,then after when I had time i sat down and read how many points that was...*gasp 7 for 2 pierogies. 7! I ate 6,,,that is 21 points. That put me over 10 points. I was thinking 1 point per pierogy. Live and learn.

At the end of Feb, I have to have surgery,,hence the joining WW and big time on the wagon to lose the weight. Easier to heal when lighter.

So how about you?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 AM   #14  

Hey Angie.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to post. Things have been crazy lately. I am an accountant and the auditors are in house! Yuk! I have had a hard week. I am a stress eater.... so I have been struggling.

I am working toward my 10% too! My goal is 22lbs. I have lost 6.4lbs. SO we are both on the road to freedom.

I have to ask what is a peirogies? Never heard of that one. Maybe that is a good thing.

As far as the healing goes, I hope you recover fully. I have had trouble with my feet since I started running. I am sure it is because I am carrying so much weight. But heck I never thought I would ever see myself run a day in my life. BUt I have actually finished a 5K.

Feel free to send me a PM. I hope to hear from you soon. I weigh in tonight so I am a little nervous since I have had such a trying week!

Dega!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #15  
Running Babe

Pierogies are kind of like ravioli... It is a shell full of filling. In Poland/Ukraine the filling can be pretty much anything... My dad used beef and onions. I've had mashed potatoes and onions, bacon and cheese... Some people boil them, others fry them... The shell can be pasta, but some people use a potato type mixture.

My dads were delish (he's Polish but ceased making them when he was diagnosed as diabetic).
Closed Thread