South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #1  
Kyemom

Question Pretzels???

I have really been missing pretzels. Do you know if there are any ww pretzels or any other type that are Ok to eat for us SBD chicks??
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been looking too. I think the salt would do me in though!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  

Kyemom: Sigh, I love pretzels dipped in a ranch or french onion..but I haven't found one yet that meets the SBD guide lines... I have tried the sour dough ones..but although they say sourdough they were chock full of partially hydrogenized this, and enriched that... and since bready things are a trigger for me , I found I couldnt control my portion size when I did try them.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #4  
Who needs sleep?

I don't know if you mean the little crunchy kind, or the big, poofy kind, and I don't know what the ingredients are, but...I know I've seen whole wheat and sourdough pretzels in the crunchy kind at least. I think they were both by Snyder's of Hanover - or at least the sourdough ones are. Here's their website - maybe they'll have ingredient and nutritional info. If not, you could call or write. http://www.snydersofhanover.com/

Naturally, they would be ph2 at the soonest.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

I used to buy ww ones when we lived up in N. VA at Trader Joes and they were great. I sure do miss that shop ... They were very good.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 AM   #6  
Kyemom

Can we have these?

Whole Wheat Sesame Pretzels

Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 22g (approx 1 pretzel)
Calories: 120
Calories From Fat: 30
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 90mg
Total Carbohyrdrates: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 2g
Ingredients: whole wheat flour, water, sourdough, sesame seeds, yeast, salt and soda.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #7  

Kye mom: These sound SB "legal", however, I was recently appointed to ensure and approve all items (by me)...therefore, you must send me a bag to try... and hmm,okay test or whatnot...please PM me so I can provide you with my address.. NOTE: U pay for postage (Please send OVERNITE PRIORITY MAIL) and regardless of my findings I do not do return any unused portions...

(Seriously though..they sound AOK 2 Me...DETAILS WOMAN! What's the brand name on these???)
Old 09-29-2005, 02:07 PM   #8  
Kyemom

I found them on the internet when I did a search for whole wheat pretzels. They are called Uncle Henry's PA Dutch Pretzels...Don't know if it is ok to put this or not...but it is www.unclehenry.com I think I will try them out.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:55 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Schatzi!

Thanks, Kye...those sound perfect! <happy sigh> PA Dutch pretzels are great!

I also found that Auntie Anne's pretzels now makes a Whole Wheat version. Of course, you shouldn't have them dipped in butter... but I felt the need to test that just in case it might cause someone trouble. I did fine. They are tasty...and just fine with plain mustard, I think!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:47 AM   #10  
Kyemom

oooowwwww yummmmm!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:04 AM   #11  

Google "whole grain pretzels" and lots of suggestions come up. Don't see why they wouldn't be okay as a grain substituion.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:59 PM   #12  

ok-let me just tell you my little trick I use to get through these cravings. I have tried some really nasty whole wheat tortillas and then found some that were made with the basic ingredients of WW flour, salt, water-no preservatives, etc.
ANYWAY.........I spray one of those with canola spray and sprinkle on a litle garlic powder and put in under the broiler until crispy. I cut it into little cracker-size pieces and eat like crackers with tuna on top. This has really helped me get over not having crackers, pretzels, etc.
Good luck.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #13  
Kyemom

thanks!! I will try this
Closed Thread