South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Motivated Monday Chat - September 19

Good morning, Chickies. You weere awfully quiet over the weekend! Did you know the MODs were away? We kept checking in but everybody was behaving!

Just to fill you in, the MODs met in Philly with Jennifer over the weekend and we had the most wonderful time! What a great group! It was NOT a business meeting, just a fun and sharing time! We ate, drank a bit, talked, hugged, shared our stories and even cried a bit. Chocolate was involved. It was an absolutely wonderful two days - and I'm old and jaded! I'm back now and am all insired and more determined to make that frassing ticker move. I did gain 2 pounds over the weekend - NOT from Philly CHeese Steak - but just know that will drop off fast.

This morning I go to spring the darling Girls from the kennel and life gets back to alleged normal. I feel rested, relaxed and determined to get off this fluff - pure Phase II this week!

What's happening around your Beach towel?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

That was a WONDERFUL weekend! It was so exciting to meet the moderators I hadn't already met. They're a lovely bunch of women.

I'm off to therapy... miss you all, and love you all, too!!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #3  
Kyemom

Morning girls-
Well, I am down to a lower weight than when I got married, 11 years ago...WOOOHOOO People are really commenting on how "small" I am getting...it is nice to hear! Busy weekend, lots of running around. Bought the paint last night to paint the dining room...and to finish painting the kitchen...I am so excited!! Also, I made the black bean brownies last night...Did not tell the kids that there were beans in them....everyone loved them!!! DH knew that they had beans, but tried them anyway....he said they were good...ANyway, how is everyone elses beach today?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
the weekend was long and I'm glad it's monday! who would think you'd say that right? I won't go into the details now but bad and exhausting should cover it. Eating was crap too.
Back on the towel with oatmeal and splenda this AM.
Ruth/Ellis sounds like a great time to connect with everyone!
Kye don't you love that?
as for the blackbean brownies what do they taste like? I remember making diet cola brownies and it was a disaster!
bbl
Kierie
Old 09-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #5  
Kyemom

Ko- the brownies were good, they taste like brownies, but they don't rise like brownies..look more like fudge. I am going to drizzle some SF chocolate syrup on them tonight, as they could have used a bit more chocolate....try them..you will like them.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #6  

Ruth and Ellis - It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love get togethers! I'm on a mailing list of moms (and one dad) who had kids in July of 1997. I watched the video this weekend from our get together in Portland, Oregon in 1999. Boy, the kids have grown (and I was sure fat back then, what a change!).

kyemom - I've wondered about making the brownies. I might just have to try them when I get some time.

KO - I love oatmeal. I've mixed up a shaker of cinnamon and Splenda that I put on mine (along with fresh fruit).

Me - I can't believe I'm leaving for Wood Badge training Thurs morning. I think everything fits in my backpack but I am going to have to make sure. I think I have everything in right now except some underwear. I'm not worrying about food while I'm gone. I have no control over the food but I think we will be getting plenty of exercise which should help.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:59 AM   #7  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I hope my weigh-in was a fluke, I'm not counting it, I will weigh in later in the week. Today starts Week 3 of SBD, but staying on Phase 1. Had a damned low blood sugar reaction last night, so ended up having 2 pieces of hard candy and a glass of juice - all Off Plan of course.
Did manage to plant 65 bulbs yesterday - 45 crocus and 20 daffodils, have 25 more daffodils to plant some time soon! They need 6 weeks before the ground freezes and that's a real iffy date in Colorado.
Ruth that sounds like a wonderful and wonderfully motivating weekend! You Mods ROCK!
Congrats Kyemom - that's a great milestone!!
Kierie - welcome back!
Power's out here at work, that makes my life much harder, so I'd best get to it.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #8  

good Monday morning everyone! I had a wonderful weekend. I hope everyone else did too.
KO-try the brownies-you will love them. But I highly suggest not telling anyone what they're made from-I get alot of funny looks followed by "no thanks". LOL I think maybe adding sugar free/FF whip cream helps make them a little more dessert-like also.
Have a wonderful day all! I'm glad you are all here to chat with.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:28 AM   #9  

Good morning chicks!

That sounds like a wonderful get together.

I had a mini-vacation this weekend. DS spent the weekend with my aunt. So, I had two nights to just do as I pleased. I watched several movies. And ate several treats. I need to get back on program and stay, but it felt good to not have to worry about what I was eating.

I went Saturday morning to buy some tennis shoes and decided to check out the clothes. I found 2 slimming shirts that I liked. I also tried on some pants. When I started this I was a size 18 and growing. Now, the 16s are loose, but not so loose that I think I could try a 14. It was so nice! Right now, I have some size 16 jeans on that I bought at Walmart a few weeks ago. They fit more loose than they did when I originally bought them. What a feeling

Even though I have cheated off and on the small changes that I have made have made a huge difference. I think it is because I had so far to go. It was nothing unusual for me to have fast food 3 times in one day in addition to a coke with each "meal". On top of that, I would snack on chocolate and sweets and chips! BIG DIFFERENCE!

Well, I'm off to eat my mid morning snack.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:06 AM   #10  

Congrats, Kyemom! That's a good place to be.

I noticed you were missing, Ruth and Ellis. Glad you had a good time. Your work on the board is really appreciated.

KO and Otto -- hope you have a better day today.

Sounds like it was a good weekend for many of us. I am encouraged to finally be down a couple pounds. I'm hoping to keep doing so well this week. At least all those carb cravings are gone!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:36 AM   #11  

Welcome Back you Mahvalous Moderators!!! So glad you had a fabu time in the City of Brotherly love.. Such a great town! Must have been a kick to put faces to eachother...Reminds me of a time I went out to Houston after years of talking on the phone and email to folks... One lady thought I was a tall, thin black lady... was she wrong! I'm a short , fat white broad!!

Kyemom, Chickita and Djett: Congrats on getting smaller!!!!

OttoetteSigh, your spring garden will be beautiful!!! Where in Colorado..or did I ask that already? I've got family in Denver and Bailey...Beautiful State!

Barb ok I give up, what do you do to earn a Wood badge???
Hi KO!!

Today is DHs first day on his new job.. He looked so handsome in his dockers and polo.. Today I am washing and ironing all his pants so that he looks spiffy..YAWN.. ..just got done deadheading the azaleas and butterfly bush.. and now heading out to clean the Crack mobile.. The poor truck has been so neglected this year. Back on Phase 1 for a week...Sheesh, I've been yo-yoing between 170 and 174 for the past 3 week...and I ain't movin that ticker till I get to 169,grrrrr I'm gettin' AGGERVATTED
Old 09-19-2005, 12:09 PM   #12  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi chicks!

Back on a very strict Phase I today. I'm even carrying the dang book with me today. I didn't have a chance to get the mini quiches made so I had to make scrambled eggs this morning. Other than that I've been so good so far yes I know it is just noon but hey!

I forgot to weigh in this morning. You know what is funny? This is the exact same week last year that I started the diet.

Almost through this wild day. We have the last 42 students starting today. Whew I'm tired just thinking about it. It's been a long month.

Stay OP chicks!
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #13  

Schatzi - Here is how Wood Badge is described on the Circle Ten Council web site:
Wood Badge will evolve to be the core leadership skills training course for the Boy Scouts of America. The new Wood Badge course is less focused on outdoor skills - which are addressed in Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills and Powder Horn training - but will instead strengthen every volunteer's ability to work with and lead groups of youth and adults.

It will be three days/two nights at a Boy Scout camp this week and then we come back in two weeks for another three days/two night but then we will backpack to a remote location for more primitive camping. I can't tell you too much more until I've done. We will be deciding on what our leadership "ticket" will consist of (I think it is five items) and then we have 18 months to complete it. This is a big deal in terms of training since there is a lot involved after the initial 6 days.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi chicks. I'm back. Didn't feel very good over the weekend. The thought of food made me sick. I'm starting to feel a little better today.

Glad you MOD's had a good time. I'm ready for a nice little trip someplace, but don't have any time for things like that. I have a friend who lives in Vegas and he offered to fly me out, but I don't even have any time to go. Next June is Key West, thankfully. Less than 9 months until I can get away!

Hope all is well with the rest of you.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Hello

Wow, what a week and I'm now climbing back on the beach. I've been a bad girl and am paying for it. Between bad eating and TOM....well........grrrrr.

Glad Ruth and Ellis to get together. Sounds like so much fun. How many of you were there?

Cool, Barb on the wood badge thing. It's a rather difficult thing to achieve. My boys never did it. I did get two of them to get their Eagle though.

Anchor, congrats on your SB anniversary.

Schatzi, sounds like you are having a riveting day with the iron and spiffy looking dh ideas.............I'm sending vibes your way to get your ticker to move into another DECADE of numbers!

Chicita, congrats on the 2 pounder!

djett, good for you on the clothes and shirts. Two days of doing what I want sounds heavenly. I'm glad you had a chance to have that little vacation.

bikini, I think I will have to try those brownies just to see the reaction I get out of people I served them to. I will tell them after they eat them though.

ottoette, you're certainly ambitious to plant that many bulbs. It will be so gorgeous next spring!

kyemom, getting noticed with the weight loss makes it all worthwhile doesn't it? Congrats.

KO, sorry the weekend was a downer, way to go to get back on the towel.

I too am getting back on the towel and not throwing it in. I do need to increase the water intake and stay far away from sugar. Tonight is salad and grilled halibut. I best get going. Take care all!
Closed Thread