Old 09-18-2005, 10:07 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Sept 18th

Good Morning group!!!!
I decided not to weigh in this morning cuz I didnt feel right about it..I dont think it is a loss and I didnt want to see a gain so I didnt get near the scale!! I will do better this week with water and excercise and weigh next Sunday...
I only missed 1 test question and passed the practical part..I guess after almost 20 yrs of nursing I knew more than I thought..It was just intimidating cuz U were given a situation with a "manaquin baby" and had to "save" the child with CPR, meds, defibrillate etc etc..I just hate people watching me do that...plus U didnt know if U would get a cardiac, shock or respiratory emergency...Thank goodness that is over for 2 yrs!!!!

ER--Getting onto the husband thing..Mine makes me nuts with his cleaning..We both work 40hrs/week,(when I leave on time) have 3 kids, do Soccer 2x week(#1), dance and gymnastics 2xweek(#3), he referees hockey now 2 x week, have a handicapped child(#2) that has MD appointments weekly and I cook, he washes clothes, folds them and we both put them away, he vacuums nightly and steam washes carpets at least once a week, cleans kitchen while I bathe the younger kids. He does the toilets, toy pick up etc etc..He makes me crazy, he is soo anal about cleanliness...I dont see how we ever got together the slob that I am... Hope things work out for U especially since U have the "more steady" job..Honestly, men dont understand the "mental work" and physical work involved with nursing..

Karen--2 boxes arrived yesterday...I am going today to the shelters and give immunizations to about 4000 people..It is 4 of us going and hopefully they got more volunteers so I am bringing them with me...I think the children are not going to be happy today!!! Since no one has records and not sure of immunizations, they are repeating everyones boosters...should be fun!!!
Hello to all...OK--New week to get off the ole buttocks and drink the water, eat correctly and MOVE!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 09-18-2005 at 10:20 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:53 PM   #2  

hi all. I was out of town for a few days for a garage sale at my dad's. It went well and I made a couple hundred dollars. I'm happy about that. And I got rid of lots of junk.

I did weigh in before I left and I lost 1.6 this week!

Karen - hooray on the loose pants! ~ LA sounds fun. It would be a great experience to live there for awhile.

RR - glad the test went well and hope things are getting better there.

Melissa - sorry about the stress you've been experiencing. Although it may not help, I agree with everyone else that he needs to pull more of his own weight around there!

Lauren - ouch, sorry about the toe.

Legal - hooray for the loss!!

Just booked tickets for "Wicked" today - we'll see it in December. The book was great and I'm really looking forward to seeing it at the theater. I think it will be a fun production.

better go get more laundry done. I got home last night and I'm happy to be home - but I'll be gone again next weekend - my brother is getting married. busy, busy.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all!

Sorry that I have been almost non-existant, having two excellerated courses is rough.

Rabbit, congrats on the loss and the additional monies and getting rid of "stuff"

ERgirl, I had a husband that did nothing around the house, and expected me to work 60 - 70 hours outside the home + take care of it. (He wanted me to work 2 part-time jobs) He did work 40 hrs a week, however anytime we had to spend money it was always my fault. I am now divorced and much better off. I lost alot of weight after I moved out. For 1, I wasn't eating fast foods almost every meal. 2ndly, I didn't have all the stress of living with him, and that I think helped me keep on the weight allowing me to gain. 3rdly, I was also able to eat at regular times. (Working retail - that is not an option.) Also, your kids might see or sense the stress that you're under and think that this is normal or okay. Is that an impression that you want your kids to have? Anyways, just airing my oppinion. If I sound passionate, it is because I have been somewhat in your shoes (except for the kids, and my ex worked) and I know what **** it is. You will feel tons better. You may even be able to get more financial aid or assistance. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. I believe that is what you did when you asked for our oppinion.

RR, Keep up the good work.

Lauren, I am sorry about your little piggy toe. I broke my next to the little toe when I was three. I don't remember much about it though, except the pain. Sorry you had to experience that.

Hello to everyone else.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #4  

Default I am new

Hi- I am new here, thought I would check it out. Everyone knows that when you are trying to lose weight and get healthy, there is no such thing as too much support. I am currently at 166, seeking to lose 30 pounds.
ymi2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:54 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

RR: Wow, that was fast! I hope the rest arrive quickly. Ugh. I quit nursing school because I hated giving shots. I don't envy you your job today at all. I hope the little ones don't cry too much.

Lisa: I admire you that you were able to get yourself out of that situation AND lose weight doing it. Don't worry about checking in too often here. You just check in as you can.

Rabbit: Cool on the garage sale. We want to have one here and I'm not looking forward to it. It's so much work to get everything together. And then having to do something with the left over junk. Awesome loss! Yeah!

Lauren and I had the good fortune to attend a moderators meeting in Philadelphia this weekend and I just wanted you all to know what a wonderful bunch of women they are. There are some AWESOME success stories out there. Visit some of the other boards and look for posts by Meg, Mel, BeachGirl and JiffyPop. I have a renewed zest for my weight-loss journey. I know it's a lifestyle change and I just gotta make it. Especially the exercise part. I hate to exercise. I'd rather pluck my whole head bald one hair at a time than exercise. I have to get over that!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:57 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello YMI: Welcome to the board! Good luck with your weight loss.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:25 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!! Hope everyone is doing great with water and excercise so far this week!!!(ok..yesterday )Off to a busy week at work!!!(we have double the population now and many more sick people)
Welcome YMI!!!
RR
PS--If anyone has any clothes sizes 18,20, 22 etc and need a place to send them, my mom's friend has 31 people in her home and they just have 1 outfit each and no homes to go back to so will be there awhile...(mostly women)
Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #8  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Happy Monday Ladies!

Welcome YMI!! Nice to meet you.

Karen - I will have to check out those posters you mentioned - could use a bit of motivation.

Last night DH calls me from San Diego at 130 am because the delivery address his dispatcher gave him was building that was demolished years ago and was nothing but a pile of rubble in the middle of downtown. So with the help of a policeman that assisted with traffic control (his rig was blocking the road) he called me to look up directions from where he was to where he was gonna go - there were 2 addresses on the bill and the handwritten one (which most would assume to be correct since it was added) was wrong - since he didnt call me back I assume the other location was right.

Boy is his dispatcher gonna get an earful today! He felt so bad for waking me up in the middle of the night - but I still got more sleep than him so who can complain? And I am still in my jammies and at work - so spoiled.
ajandpj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 03:15 PM   #9  

Hello all and a special hello and welcome to YMI.

I am taking a short break at work and thought that I would say hello.

AJ, how horrible for your husband (and you) to have the wrong address. I would be extremely mad!! I hope that you do give the dispatcher a piece of your mind.

Anyways, gotta get back to work. Later!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #10  

Hi all! Hope everyone's doing well.

Was a busy weekend. Took DS & 3 of his friends to the PuttPutt Saturday for DS's birthday event. His birthday was the 9th, but we were out of town, so we did it this weekend. They're 14 year olds, so I just sat in the snackbar and handed out money as needed while they rode go-carts, climbed the rock wall, played putt putt and video games, etc. for a few hours. Then we went to Pizza Inn for pizza. Didn't do too bad with the pizza, used some flex points but didn't go hog wild so I was proud of that.

Yesterday, we went to look at a motorcycle, and ended up buying it. It's an older bike, and didn't cost us too much. DH has been wanting one, but the deal was we'd buy a cheaper one now, and then if he rides it regularly we can look for something "better" in a year or two. The good thing about the bike we bought though is that it's something that I can learn to ride on and then ride when/if DH gets a "better" bike.

I've been feeling kind of "blah" the past couple of days. I think I'm getting sick, or trying to NOT get sick. My throat's been a little swollen and I've had an off & on headache & been tired and achy. I slept in some this morning, but came to work about lunchtime. I'm functional, but I'm to the point where I either want to be fine, or I want to be sick enough that I feel like I can justify staying home and doing nothing!

RR - Congrats on passing the test! I need to borrow your DH long enough to get my house cleaned really well, then you can have him back because he'd hate living with me!

Rabbit - congrats on the loss of weight AND junk! You're a brave soul to have a yard sale, I always just take the easy route and take it to Goodwill.

Lauren - sorry to hear about the toe!

Welcom YMI!

Gotta' get back to work, have a great day all!

LE
Legal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #11  

Hello all!!
Legal--I am so jealous about the great relationship with the step kids...My SD had the nerve to yell at me on Saturday that I dont do anything for her and her sister that I am all about my daughter..I could have slapped her..She will never realize all the worries and stresses I have been through since marriage to her dad with her sister's heart surgery and 5 others since we were married..I do all the MD appointments, etc etc..I really hate 14y/o attitude..

OK..start the prayer chain...Hurricane RIta is on the way They have put NO rebuilds and moving back into safer areas on hold in preparation for this next one..Poor people are not ready for one this soon...Then Phillippe is right behind that one....The levee system is way too weak for another storm surge..I hope this one fizzles out before it hits the Keys....

Karen--U made 4 women and 9 kids (with one on the way in 2 weeks and no MD at present for C-Section delivery)-- cry today...Go to sleep tonight knowing U are a truly blessed woman...Thanks bunches...
RR
Old 09-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #12  

Hello all!

Oh, will I be glad when it is time for winter break. I don't want it to be winter mind you. Just break.

I am so stressed out about school. I just want a big milkshake from Burger King or a Frosty from Wendys. Yea! Something cold and chocolate.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:05 AM   #13  

Okay, last night I really wanted a milkshake, but I went downstairs and had a glass of white grape juice. I feel so proud of my self for that.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hmm, I thought I posted a quick hello, but I guess I dreamed it!

Like Karen said, we had an awesome time in Philly with some of the other Mods & Jennifer 3FC! It was very inspiring to hear their stories and struggles and know that all of us have troubles sticking to our plan, even if we're at goal. This really has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet!

Wouldn't it be awesome if all us 30-something's could get together somewhere central?!

Lisa, Good for you skipping the milkshake in favor of juice.

Have to run out, will finish later...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #15  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Lisa - if you want a shake - get some frozen strawberries, blend (frozen) with a cup of 1% milk and enough water to make it the consistency you like - add some splenda to sweeten and bam! You have a strawberry Shake with next to no calories - I put prot pwdr in mine to make it balanced but if you just want lo cal lo fat - it is 1 - 1.5 cups frozen berries (6 oz), 1 cup 1% milk, approx 4 oz water (add as it blends to desired thickness and to be sure all berries get blended) and approx 3 pkts of splenda - makes about 20-24 oz shake. Should be around 150 calories.
ajandpj99 is offline   Reply With Quote