Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-09-2005, 09:36 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Funtastic Friday

Good Morning! I'll bbiab I just wanted to start the thread!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:39 AM   #2  

Morning!

Not very lively around here today........babysitting for my gf this morning...then sending her home with an apple pie, apple sauce, chicken catccitore, chicken baked, spinich, pasta salade, chinese noodle salade, boxed cereal, fruit........a few things to help with meals over the next few weeks.

She will be seeing my dd 7 off to the bus for the next several weeks........and is so busy so I am very grateful!

Any other suggestions of things that would be helpful..........?

Have a great friday......

dd 7 is trying out Ti Kwon Do today....anyone know anything about it? Karate better?
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Liz, I was watching FIT-TV last night (Ultimate Goals show)...it showed a chubby kid and his father taking martial arts lessons, karate....it also focused on how the kids learn self-discipline, self respect, concentration, pride, achievement, etc. I think that these type of classes geared to the younger kids really focus on making them feel good about themselves and the praise & respect they learn are excellent for them to build on. (no I don't know the difference bewteen Tai-and Karate...but the body conditioning looked good)

Thanks Marie! Tongue-in-cheek dry wit has been the rope I've been hanging onto so I don't go off the cliff......

I feel the need to PURGE, you all have been so great in giving me support:

Today's memory 2003....(Marblefly's dearly loved BF of 3+ years and friendship totaling 9+ years....through his medical residency, sub-specialty fellowship, Board certification, interventional certification, etc...and support of his brother's untimely death on 9-11 in the south tower."

M: "so what did you want to talk about?"
BF: "I can't see you any more"
M: (fainting, I was totally blind-sided)....WHAT? why? what's wrong?
BF: "My mother says it's time for me to start meeting *suitable women*......
M: "Suitable? Suitable? you are 43 years old and you are going to date who your MOTHER tells you to? WTF is wrong with you? you can't think about ME?

BF: (crying).....I have to enter an *arranged* marriage with someone in my culture.......I've been *trying* to tell you for a year and a 1/2......

M: "(incredulous and nauseated)...funny, you never mentioned this while you were getting........(censored)....are you flipping INSANE? you are going to marry a STRANGER you NEVER MET?

BF: "my mother says we will grow to have *mutual respect and companionship*

M: OH LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE THAT WITH ME? (obviously not blondie)

BF: "But Marble, our relationship doesn't have to change really, we can still be together, you can date whoever you want and we'll be friends, you don't have to sleep with me unless you want to.....I'll give you $$$ every month if you let me come and visit....." by now he's crying and I want to vomit....

M: You racist pig..... you don't love me and you've wasted my time and 3 years of my life, you sit down to dinner with me and my family 2 weeks ago KNOWING you were going down this path.....(cliff-notes here) WHY?

BF: because I wanted to be with you......

M: NO, you wanted to cross the line and have the "forbidden" fruit (improvise, this is a family web-site...the reality had extremely strong language)

and this tug of war continued for the next year..........he wouldn't stand up to mama and he kept hounding me.......it was a disgusting display and depleted my energy,self-esteem, caused stress....I couldn't avoid him, we cross paths constantly at work......he drove me crazy, I broke out in HIVES, I stopped exercsing, stopped caring about my appearance, people thought someone had died, I cried constantly, I couldn't date, I had no interest in ANYTHING, if it wsn't for the dog, I wouldn't even get up on the weekend....

I went off the deep end....when he started to drive to my house unannounced and bang on the doors and windows until I let him in........at that point I cut him off my email, wouldn't take his calls and told him that he never had an original thought that wasn't connected to his weenie....his mamma ran his life and he was pathetic. My last words to him were that I considered him a pathetic failure, I hoped he got everything he deserved and he was a piece of trash......I told him I forgave him although he didn't deserve it so I could move on......

I used visuals during my therapy sessions....(my doctor knows when to shut up and listen to me)...I reinacted the scene from "Goodfellas"....hit him with the shovel and buried him alive....in a cornfield...I can still hear him whining..."but I don't have a choice, I haaaavvveee to live this way, I was booorrrrnnnn into it....."

As far as I know, he and his *suitable* wife still live with his mother....{{{{shudder}}}}....he's got a tummy and he is the laughing stock of his sub-specialty because he has no patients.....

thanks for listening.....I feel so much *lighter* now.......

Mr. Acceptable should be coming along sometime soon......have a great weekend!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:03 PM   #4  

Hello all- I'm newly joined here- and wanted to know >what kinda snacks/foods can you eat for quick energy before exercising??- Not sure if I'll ever find this page again- so please reply ASAP if anyone here! Thanx!-
sawgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Welcome saw!
hey Liz come cook for me anytime
MARB woman I love you for your fighting spirit and ability to take no crap

I had a scale and non scale victory today!
1 i stepped on the dreaded machine and I did this 4 times to make sure
and it said 193.5 (I LOVE DEBLOATING LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!)
2 I put on jeans today that are normally tight in the butt thigh and tumular region
loose in the butt an dthigh and comfy in the tumular
My stomach is the last to go
Gotta run oral surgery bleh!
*hugs*
I'll bbl
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #6  

tumular? that's a new one, I like that.....

In my never-ending battle of eradicating excess abdominal fat (before I go and beg plastics for lipo consult)....I have made *friends* with that annoying voiced-woman, Mari Windsor, the Pilates icon and body sculptor of famous women who shamelessly hawk her closely guarded secrets...

I am now also the owner of my second pilates contraption....(i'm such a sucker)...fashioned after the trap table.......I've fiddled with it last night and this AM and it DOES help with my flexibility and relaxing my back/shoulders....although I doubt I'll be able to leap out of bed in the morning like a gazelle......(I'm aiming for a soft sprint to the toilet area)....

where is everyone today?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Marble, KO and Liz!

Marble, how did you not knock that a$$ off the face of the earth? What culture is he from that he's 43, living with mommy and letting her marry him off? You are way too good for such trash. Good for you for getting rid of him. And way to go with the pilates. I haven't tried it - I tried beginner yoga and was a miserable failure. Give me mountain hiking with asthma anyday.

Liz, that's a lot of food you sent home with your friend. Sounded delicious. Martial arts will be cool for your daughter - it teaches such good discipline

Kierie Debloating - cool. I love the first few days of diet or after I've been bad and my tumular is extended and it starts to shrink. Best motivator in the world. You are doing GREAT!!!!

The asthma is a little improved today. I don't like taking steroids that make you gain weight, but I can breat a little better. I bet tomorrow will even be better. At least I can talk without losing my breath 75% of the time.

Work is almost over for the week and I took Monday off. YEAH!!!! BTW, I'm doing much better emotionally. I think it was a combination of things bothering me - all pretty petty but when thrown together, just did me in.

Still no exercise today - dr. orders. Except I did do my arm weights and situps at 4:00 inthe morning. I figured they wouldn't aggravate my asthma too much and I've worked way to hard at the situps to go without for a while. Good reasoning, don't you think?

Take care everybody!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #8  

uh oh....the doc. placed me on prednesone (front load dose then taper off) for 12 days because of my severe poison ivy.....also, 3 histimine blockers.....and Lunesta (which does not work at all unless I piggy-back it with a shot of vodka), if I gain weight I'll slit my wrists!!!

Hey Marie, I WAS up at 4AM (EST)....the pilates is ASSISTED with straps....it's mostly stretching my muscles that seem to atrophe every day.....if you are up watching infomercials, you'll see the "supreme pilates" I got....(it really does fold under the bed). I watched my cat do a "supreme stretch to the top bar this morning.......he is like an elastic band himself!

Marie, he is Indian....but has lived in NJ since the age of 3.....he is an Indian of Convenience...(when it suits him he plays the race card and trots out culture)---BALONEY----he ate pork & beef and every thing else I cooked, including hungarian pastries.....he chased my then tiny butt for 6 months before i gave him my phone number. I kept it casual, but when 9-11 happened and his brother just poof disappeared (never found his body he was on the floor where the plane hit the south tower), he kept showing up every day after his calls and I guess I took in the stray, and he grew on me like mold....what a fool I was in hind-sight.....

although maybe playing the Courtesean would have been a fruitful effort if he bought me a beach house?

see yall tomorrow...where's carla?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Gang

Marie, Liz, KO, Cin, Cathy and all the ladies I have not mentioned HUGS AND SMOOOCHES.

Marble what a sad thing you went thru w/that guy. I'm glad you rose above him and his ignorant ways. Your really a strong woman, I hope you know that. I worked with alot of ethnic people just like your X and its true, the men usually have to marry from a match that their parents set them up with. BUT !!!! all this time they knew about you, thats just not right to play people feelings.

HUGS LADY !!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #10  
CIN

Hi Gals
Liz.that is so sweet of you to do that for your friend and her family.Those are the kind of things people never forget. I am convinced the small acts of kindness are the most important we can do. It lets people know they matter!

Marble..........poor gal...............I can only "listen" and hope you felt better sharing but don't have any "magic" words. I think you are one smart lady though!

I miss Cathy & Leens.........................and Jo Anne and Sue Marie.....where is the gang? Hopefully all is well.

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Marble, looks like you see the guy without blinders. Good thing he's gone. A beach house wouldn't be worth it. You are so much better off without him. If I bought one more piece of exercise equipment, my DH would have a fit. I have a nordic track (hate it and won't use it), exercycle (like it very much), a Gazelle (like it) and a pool (love it). Truly he'd kill me.

And, Marble, we're going to gain weight together on the prednisone. always good to have buddies. I'm glad that the poison ivy will eventually go away. I'm holding hope the prednisone will work it's magic on the asthma. So far it's a little better but after two days of high doses I was expecting to be able to exercise tonight. Don't think that's going to happen.

Cin, how are you feeling these days?

Thanks for the hug Leens. those are always welcome.

TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #12  
CIN

Sawgirl...
I didnt mean to ignore you earlier.I didnt answer because I walk in the morning and dont eat until I return home..I seem to do better when empty..........of course I stay well hydrated!

That is why I didnt answer........................welcome here!

MMarie.
I feel fine.thanks for asking..after 11 weeks I am good as new except for some changes daily that I can certainly live with! Life without 90% of the large intestine is a bit different but nothing I cannot handle. I am thankful for where I am at today.

Good Night all!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Wink Evenin' Ladies

I wanted to catch up with y'all. I was going to wait until after THE GAME..then "the curse of the Bambino" reared it's ugly head

Marble: I'm still fuming after just reading your post It's a lucky thing you got rid of that momma's boy . Keep up the good work...better days are coming!

Liz: Boy, you were busy during your vacation. I'm sure your friend will enjoy the fruits of your labor

Kierie: WOO HOO!! You rock girl!

MMarie: I hope you feel the beneficial effects of the Prednisone soon. I'm glad you're breathing easier

Leenie: How has your vacation been? Did you do anything special? You can tell us!

CIN: How are you doing? It's good to see you around here regularly

Sawgirl: Welcome to our corner of 3FC! I know you'll love it here

SueMarie, Cathy, April, Carla, Ashlie, and anyone else I might have missed:

It's after the 7th inning, time to watch the Sox come back

Good night all!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #14  

Hey Marble, I'm still around. Just busy with short hops out of town followed by arrival of steprelatives from England. They're very nice, but after 2 years+ on my own again I find it hard to share my space, especially since it's not a very big space. Right now I'm in a hotel. Tomorrow is my stepmother's birthday and the relatives - her nephew and his wife - are the big birthday surprise. I'll have my phone set to 911 in case it's a little too much of a surprise.

I've been lurking lately, not posting much. But tonight I feel compelled to write, especially after reading your blow-by-blow of the big announcement by f*** face. (Will I get booted off the site for that one?) What a dimwit. No wonder it made you think of me: I'm not small or blonde, but when it comes to our choice in men, we are really sisters under the skin. Except I'm not waiting for Mr. Wonderful. Especially now that I have my cats.

Don't let the prednisone get you down. I doubt you'll gain weight over a 12-day course. But if you do, I'm sure the moon face you acquire as a bonus will look lovely with the Don King do and the moldy bra. It will help you attract a whole new category of suitors. Just remember: "if he lives with Mom, he must be dumb". By the way, just where on the Marble anatomy is the poison ivy, and just what were you doing rolling around in it anyway??? (insert single raised eyebrow here.)

I was relieved to learn 2 out of 3 of my New Orleans friends are doing fine in Memphis, and while I haven't reached the third one (no cell phone), the others are pretty sure he also left after the hurricane but before the flooding. The French Quarter had very little damage from the hurricane itself: I don't know since then.

Hello to all, to Cin, Leenie, MMarie, Sue, Cathy, April... One of these days I'll be back and posting regularly.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote