Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #1  

Default Phase 1 question

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the SBD... just started yesterday. I was just wondering if there are any restrictions on (olive) oil intake? I have been eating a lot of salads w/ O&V and not measuring the oil quantity much....
thanks!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #2  

TomsGirl, WELCOME ABOARD !!! Ah, a "Twickly Qwestion!" as I have checked my GFGC booklet and it doesn't exactly state the amt for the Phases... except to note that you shouldn't really be too concerned about portion size on phase 1..BUT that being said.. Calories..good and bad do Count! So...it states that for Olive oils 1 TBSP has 0 carbs and sugar..and 14 grams of fat...
Try to stick with 1 Tbsp..
what I do is use 1 tsb oo, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar, a 1/3 cup of cider vinegar, and about 1tsp of splenda, with spices... shake it up...
I make my salads in a bowl that I can put a lid on. I add about 4 Tbsp of the dressing to it..put the lid on and SHAKE...

Another great tip I use from this site is when ordering salad, of course with dressing on the side... dip your fork in the dressing and pick up the salad.. you will be amazed at how little dressing it takes to satisfy you!
Old 09-07-2005, 01:33 PM   #3  
Who needs sleep?

Great idea, Schatzi! I've ordered the dressing on the side for years, as I find that restaurants put waaay more dressing on that I like, but I never thought of dipping just the fork! It certainly would avoid those dressing "bloops" when you accidently get a lot more than you want!

We use bottled v&o (Newman's), and I try to use 1-2 tbsp, depending on the size of the salad. DH sometimes uses Newman's balsamic dressing, but that has a little sugar in it. I also make a simple balsamic v& olive o dressing when I'm not in too much of a hurry (so almost never these days).
Old 09-22-2005, 06:01 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

TomsGirl, a basic rule of thumb is that no more than 30% of your calories should come from fat. You can figure this out by using www.fitday.com for more info.
Closed Thread