Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #1  
I admit it..I'm a "Loser"

Default I Did It!!! Whoohooo...

I am sitting here crying with excitement....I finally stopped making excuses and got my butt in gear and excersised. 20 whole minutes!! whooohooo....this might not seem like a big deal...but for me..this is like running a marathon. I have been putting of the excersise part of my new journey for 5 days now. I started my weightloss journey on the 1st..and for 5 days I have been making up excuses to get out of excersising.
Today...after putting off a morning walk that I had planned...again...I went to walmart and picked up a copy of Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away The Pounds" (walk & jog) dvd. I have never been able to keep up with other excersise dvd's that I have tried in the past. (I have two left feet lol) but this dvd is GREAT and I really like this Leslie Sansone lady. She doesn't come across as one of these overly fanatic "excersise is my whole life" women and really motivates you and gives you a little push but also reminds you that its ok if you can't keep up.
The dvd workout is 30 minutes and I did stop at 20 minutes but I really enjoyed myself. I was able to keep up with her just fine even during the move switches and well....it was just great.
I plan on doing another 20 minutes this afternoon.

This dvd has given me the momentum I have been searching for and Leslie makes it really fun and keeps you encouraged through the whole DVD.....

YEAHHHHH..my first 20 minute excersise workout and I DID IT!! ME!!! whooohooo...

Last edited by DesertDustBunnies; 09-05-2005 at 01:24 PM.
DesertDustBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #2  

Congratulations! Good for you

Hopefully, this new DVD will give you the motivation you need to excercise more each week - if you forget, and think :Mehh, I don't feel like it today: you can look back on this post and see how great you felt!
Brina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

HOOOOOORAY! That's great!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #4  

Good for you, Lisa! I remember last winter when I did my first Leslie Sansone dvd. I was so proud that I could do a mile! There will be days when you don't feel like doing it but just remember how great you are feeling right now. Just tell yourself you will do ten minutes and then see how it goes. If/when you get bored with that dvd, get another one or try going for a 15 minute walk outside. Check your library to see if they have workout dvds or videos...then you can try other ones for free!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #5  

Well done!!!! I remember when I first exercised in January, and I felt like this too, and here I am in August still exercising almost every day. It's amazing as you feel yourself getting stronger and fitter, it's like the weight loss doesn't matter as much, and you can concentrate on other goals, like doing 2 miles instead of one, dancing instead of walking it goes on and on. You'll love your body as you continue on with your exercise, and you find out how many amazing things it can do that you never knew about!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

YEAH!!! YA DID IT! Doesn't it feel good? And it gets easier as you go along! I liked the suggestion about going to the library to check out their exercise tapes. Eventually you will get bored (yes you will) with the walking tape and will want something more chalenging. Richard simmons has some fun ones to start with. His are very easy to follow and are fun. If your library doesn't have them ask her to get them for you. Again, congraluations and continued good health!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:50 PM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking

MP3 players (like iRiver or Ipod) are also quite handy for loading good walking music for just taking a quick walk around the park or neighborhood - the music helps with keeping up the pace...be careful - exercising can be quite addictive... I get grumpy now if I don't get my walk in. Kinda cool.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote