Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #1  
Average White Girl

Default A big round of applause

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you. I don't post that much, but I do learn a lot from what I read and from everyone's encouragement. What made me think of this was that I went on the weight watchers forums at weightwatchers.com, and nearly every topic was filled with negativity. I found the answer to my question here in one search!

Even if I/we/everyone gets a little crabby sometimes and we don't always agree with eachother on various things, It says a lot that we can 'agree to disagree'..everyone is different, but it doesn't change everyone's worth as an individual....

But, thanks again. I'm getting back on the wagon again ( I saw my BMI ), but every time I do start again, I do it with more information, more positivity, and more confidence...and I have this site to thank for most of that inspiration... btw..I need to change my signature thing...I don't weigh 150 anymore.. more like 165- I chucked my scale due to my constant weighing and only weigh once a week at my mother in law's house. her scale is spot on).
Old 09-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #2  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

I feel the same way about this board the ladies are all wonderful glad you are here and we can all help get through the battle of losing weight
angie
Old 09-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteaon
What made me think of this was that I went on the weight watchers forums at weightwatchers.com, and nearly every topic was filled with negativity.
Amen, my Midwestern sister. I swore of the WW boards last summer. I got married in June and frequented the bride board for awhile. One woman mentioned that she didn't want favors at her wedding reception because she would rather spend the money on food and booze and this lady ripped her a new one! Told her she was cheap and that her family would be ashamed at her tackiness... the kind of terrible wedding-related nagging that should only come from one's own dear family.

Anyway, a friend pointed me here because of questions I had about Meridia (that I tried to ask on the WW board, at which point I was the one who got ripped a new one) and like you, I found a ton of info with one quick search. Plus everybody is nice, and tries to be respectful and that is so refreshing on the internet.

So keep on keeping on, ladies! We can do this!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #4  

I agree 100%-Everyone is so nice here and very respectful of each other's opinions..I have been to a couple other boards but have been scared to post for what would be posted back to me. Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention!!
Closed Thread