Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 08:44 AM   #1  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 193/193/133

Height: 5'3

Default curious about weight watchers

I've lost 32 pounds but by following a very strict chemical break down diet. Its very hard for me to stick to it so I need to be on some other kind of plan. I've never joined a weight watchers before but have heard that you get a certain amount of points a day and you can't go over those points. I'm interested to hear if anyone has lost weight by following this plan and was it easy for them to follow? If I do sign up, it will probably be online because the nearest weight watchers is about 30 mins away. So for the people that do it online, were you able to stick to the plan? My husband is also trying to lose some weight and I think he would benefit from weight watchers too..because he likes to eat whatever he wants and this way he would just need to worry about points.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:03 AM   #2  
Eat well, Live well

I have lost 34 pounds so far with WW, and my husband has lost 43. We really like the points system...it's easy and it promotes a healthy diet. Activity is also incorporated into the points system. We go to meetings, so I can't comment on how easy online is.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMamiBella
...but have heard that you get a certain amount of points a day and you can't go over those points. I'm interested to hear if anyone has lost weight by following this plan and was it easy for them to follow?...
This is kind of amusing to me because if people weren't losing on it W/W would have changed. I am not poking nor making fun of you. Yes points is very easy as is Core in their own right. The thing with points is you also need to follow some guidelines to help you stay satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMamiBella
....If I do sign up, it will probably be online because the nearest weight watchers is about 30 mins away. So for the people that do it online, were you able to stick to the plan? My husband is also trying to lose some weight and I think he would benefit from weight watchers too..because he likes to eat whatever he wants and this way he would just need to worry about points.
It really depends on the individual if you can stick to a program. Many can be accountable to only themselves but still others need the accountability that meetings provide. And like I said while techinically you an eat everything and anything in portion to be health and lose weight there are some guidelines to follow. Not hard ones but more like common sense ones.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #4  

I also go to meetings. All that I can say is WW works, but only if you work it.

I look at ww and my points like I would my family budget.

I first spend my points on the necessities. Milk, fruit, veggies, whole grains, proteins, etc. Then if there's points leftover I spend them on something I want. I find when I spend them on healthier options, the plan works much better. I save my other points for something special that I really want, just like I would my savings account. I don't just spend to spend, but think about it first and decide if its what I really want and if its going go give me satisfaction. I hate wasting money and I hate wasting points. I treat them like gold. I try and get the most bang for my buck.

Points isn't a magic formula. It's just a basic guideline for reducing calorie and fat intake and increasing fiber intake.
Closed Thread