Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default South Beach Breakfast Bars

I was just wondering, can we use the breakfast bars as a snack or are they just for breakfast?

I was also conserned if it was counted as a bread,or nut product.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The breakfast bars are to have at breakfast for Phase II and III only. Then they are for occasional use only. Be aware that the third ingedient is malitol which causes digestive upsets for some people.

Here are the ingredients from the Maple Nut Bars:
Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size 35g
Servings per package 5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 2g 13%
Cholesterol 5mg 1%
Sodium 160mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 7g
Protein 10g
Vitamin A 15 % Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 15 % Iron 10 %

Ingredients:
Soy Nuggets (Soy Protein Isolate, Tapioca Starch, Salt), Maltitol Syrup, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Soy Protein Concentrate, Roasted Soy Nuts, Almonds, Oligofructose (For Fiber), Nonfat Milk, Rolled Oats, Butter [Cream, Salt, Annatto (Color)], Evaporated Cane Juice Invert Syrup, Brown Rice Syrup, Calcium Caseinate, Sunflower Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrin, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Tricalcium Phosphate, Cultured Nonfat Milk, Whey, Natural Flavor, Caramel Color, Dextrose, Palm Oil, Sucralose (Sweetener), Mono- And Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Ferric Phosphate (Source Of Iron), Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide (Source Of Zinc), Magnesium Carbonate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin B12.

The bolded ingedients could be trouble makers. I sure as heck wouldn't eat one of these but it's your choice. Rather expensive too.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

None of the Kraft South Beach products are available here in Great Britain.

I was somewhat disappointed about that, when I first started on the SBD. However, since learning more, and now seeing that ingredients list, I have to say I am happy I cant buy that stuff.

It sounds to me like Dr A sold out. That bar sounds just like the type of things he advised us to avoid!

To the original poster - hello . I dont think I would eat this either - I can see it would set me off into cravings mode. If you take a look at some of the recipes here, you can find some great food and snack ideas, should you choose not to eat these SBD bars.

Good luck! And why not come over to the main board to say hello to us all?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #4  

Smile Re South Beach Cereal Bars

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll try and stay away from them. Proabally let my husband finish them off. Ha! Ha!
Closed Thread