Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default Stumbling a bit with food....

Well, the last week has been a bit precarious with food and I'm working hard to get 100% back on track. I hadn't had any big "slips" since I started in January, so this has scared me a bit. All week, I would have a mostly good day, but then pop something somewhat thoughtlessly into my mouth. The final straw was when my daughter walked in last night and I was putting a cookie in my mouth ....That really embarrassed me. She knows how hard I've worked and I felt so ashamed....So, I'll look at it as a blessing in disguise. It kicked me in the butt to get back to healthy, nourishing eating.
I guess it gets back to a quote I've heard from recovering alcoholics, " One day at a time". So, just for today I'm going to nourish my body and stay on track. If the cookies call out to me , I will answer them with a resounding "NO!"
maggie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

You've done so well, why kick your self? Cookies are O.K. occasionally, if you add them to your calorie count. You don't want your daughter to grow up thinking that to be fit you can never had a "treat". You can't make it a habit, but occasionally it fine. I usually solve that problem by not having cookies that I like in the house. I buy the ones my husband likes and they could sit there forever. They just don't tempt me. Same with cake, I only like chocolate, he likes yellow. So I make yellow. if I make a chocolate I know it's for me, not for him, and i'm sabotiging myself.

Clean up the kitchen! Get rid of the things that tempt you. If it's junk, your family probally doesn't need it either. If I buy chips I get the individual bags of baked. You have to think about opening more than one bag. These new 100 calorie treats are great and there are a lot of them on the market now. Make it easy on yourself!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote