South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Default I'm starting Phase 1 again!!

Hello! I started my first Phase 1 on July 11 2005, but for some reason over the past week, I haven't been following Phase 2 the way I should. I've over done it and have gained back 2lbs. So, beginning Sunday Aug 14, I'm starting Phase 1 again...probably just for one week so I can get refocused and lose the 2lbs I gained back. Then the following week I will start Phase 2...but this time I'm going to take it nice and slow...probably by only eating bread or fruit 1x per day...maybe @ lunch or breakfast. The rest of my meals will be no carb or very low carb. I'll try that and take it nice and slow!!

Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sunkissed

I was a July 11 starter too, and I'm also in a similar situation to you. To keep it short, I ended up really falling off the Beach for 6 days.

I've been back on a version of P2 for a couple of days and luckily, I only seem to have gained 2lbs now that my weight has had time to settle since the binge!

I'm back to P1 Sunday, but will probably need to do the full 2 weeks as my cravings are back with a vengeance! I'm fighting really strong cravings between each meal, just like before, so I need to do another clean P1.

I didnt overdo the reintroduction of my fruits and starches when I started P2. It appears to have been steel cut oats at breakfast that set the cravings off again.

I'm pleased that I've only had a little weight gain, I thought I would be back at where I started.

I found P1 easy but this time I'm dreading it

Good luck to you!

Last edited by Artemis__; 08-12-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
Diane2ma

I've been starting very slowly with reintroducing the foods back into my eating plan. I've stayed away from bread as that is a big downfall for me. I did have a baked potato the other day, and didn't feel great after it, so I think I'll stay away from those. As I add things into my diet, I'm watching how I feel after eating them and then determine whether my body likes it or not. It seems to be working for me.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Diane2ma

Yes, that seems to be the key to a successful P2 - watching and reflecting how you react to certain foods.

I got pretty downhearted, because I hadnt cheated once during P1 - and then this problem with the steel cut oats. Oddly, the first time I ate them I was fine, but the second and third they set me off into crave city.

I was thinking of keeping a food and mood journal when I go back to P2 again. It definitely helps to keep track of the goodies and baddies, as each of us is different!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #5  
Diane2ma

I think a food and mood journal would be beneficial for you Artemis. I've discovered in the last 3 weeks just how much food can affect you. It's been a real life lesson for me. Good luck on your weight loss!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Sunkissed, good luck this time around!!
Old 08-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Good luck

I'm a master at phase 1. I have done it 4 times in the last year and a half. It's really the only thing that gets the cravings out of my system. I have tried it for just a day or two, but for me it seems to be the entire 2 weeks that works.

Good luck. Get day 4-6 over with and the rest is smooth sailing. For me, I just need to stay away from candy! BAD GIRL!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies, I haven't posted in a really long time. Home from college for the summer didn't go to well for me, i gained back 4 lbs. but then i restarted phase one about a week and a half ago...lost those 4 lbs PLUS 2 more. And I am NOW officially under my 160 plateau (that i had for like a month and a half) I have not felt this good in I dont even know how long. hopefully soon i can post a before/after picture (you can really really tell in my face) Just wanted to update you girls and wish everyone luck in the pursuit of their goals.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #9  

welcome back sunkissed! i am starting phase 1.5 again (i seem to go back and forth bwn the two)
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Thanks everyone for your responses. My official start weight today is 214. I'm going to do P1 for 2 more weeks. I don't have any cravings, but, I do need to get the bad carbs I ate over the weekend out of my system . So I'm going to really concentrate this time and make sure I follow P1 to a "T"!! I'm trying to get to 210 (@ least) this time on P1. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you. Stay focused and everything should be OK!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #11  

good luck
Old 08-16-2005, 03:51 AM   #12  
SoLdIeRs WiFe

I started back on Phase 1 again too! i started the SBD in March 2005 and have been very succesful. but my husband come back from iraq in June so i gained a few pounds. I have been in phase 1 for a week now and i am down 4 pounds. sometimes you just have to start all over because you reach the weight were you just get stuck on! I passed my goal of 120 so i set myself a new goal of 115. Good Luck with starting all over.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

SoldiersWife, you're doing so well, too! Congratulations!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #14  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I'm right there with all of you on P1 again. Lots of veggies, gals!! Eat the veggies!!
Closed Thread