Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 09:38 AM   #1  

Default Mon - I wish it were still the weekend!!!

Ah!!! I had the most fun this weekend! the rehearsal dinner was nice, yummy food and I got tons of compliments on my new outift. Saturday I went to the pool and got some sun (yeah!!!). Also went for walk with DH in the morning, wedding in the evening. I had a great dress that I wore last year for my BIL's wedding, had to have it taken in. It looked great and I felt so good. More compliments on the dress and my matching shoes and toes! (Not a commom color so it was cool). Yesterday - not much, dinner in Baltimore with friends.

I did better on eating that I had expected although I am sure that I was over each day. I am not worried about it becasue at least I got plenty of exercise from dancing at the wedding. I drank more than I neede to but that was fun too.

Ok - I need you advice!!!!!! I went to WI on thurs and lost .4. I was fine with that but I am still hovering arounf 160. (the top of my goal range for 5'7" is 153) I have only gotten below 160 3 times in the past 8 months. I did gain 9 pounds but managed to lose it am am still struggling to get closer to goal. At WI, the leader noticed my pattern and I told her it was going on since October. She asked if I wanted to lose more weight or just get to lifetime. I said at this point - lifetime. I am worried that I am having so much trouble getting below 160, that I may not be able to maintain it once I get there. She suggested that I get a Dr. note for my own goal weight. I called the Dr and she agreed with me on a goal weight of 160. I kind of feel like I am wimping out by not getting to my original goal of 153. I also wanted to be able to say that I lost 40 lbs, currently 34. Sorry this is so long. But I really want your advice.

I hope you all had a great weekend. I have a busy week. People over for dinner tonight, meeting tomorrow night, shopping for Father's Day gifts Wed (last minute!!). Have a good day!!

Sarah
194.4/160.4? or 160.2/153WW
Old 06-11-2001, 10:26 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Sarah - I would go for the lifetime. I fthat is the weight your body is feeling good at and you feel good about yourself at 160, then why not? You should do waht feels good for YOU and you obviously seem to be happy at that weight. I would go get a note and go for your lifetime. My doctor thinks 165 will be a good weight for me, so that is why I am using that as my goal, but I will get a note if it works for me. that's my opinion!!

Hey, where is everyone?? What's going on??

I had a good weekend too - camped, hiked and b/f got a video camera. If the video puts on 10 lbs, then wow, I look much thinner than I thought. I couldn't believe it was me!! I was so happy - b/f was like, see I told you that you look thin. But I felt so fat, I just coudn't believe that was me!!! Last time I was tape recorded I was devastated. I was so inspired!! Good thing too since I am a big ham infront of the camera....

Tonite I have to rescue a friend who had a fling and is now crushed (she did not think it was a fling) why are men so evil sometimes??

Hey - poll idea: thongs, french cut, bikinis or full (granny kind) or other... (none?).

Well...I better get some work done (slacker today, can't help it )

Adios amigos!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:42 AM   #3  
Proud Canadian

Red face Good Morning

Hi all and happy monday. This is just a quick post to say hi and hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a brunch birthday party for my mom yesterday. Lots of people, lots of food. But the good stuff - strawberries count for so little points - thank goodness they're my mom's favorite.

OK - Sarah, I agree with Belle, go for lifetime!! When we make our goals, a lot of the time we have no idea what we will look or feel like when we get there. If you feel good, that's all that counts. Congrats on a job well done.

Well, I should get some work done today - have a good one all.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:58 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. Back from my little weekend trip. Had fun, but now am very tired. I couldn't believe how much my little Emma grew and I was only gone 2 days. She is getting longer!! I ate OK while I was gone, but didn't count points. I am back on track today. We actually have sun today, although they are forcasting rain late in the afternoon. All my flowers and plants are yellow from all the rain we are getting.

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!

Sarah... I agree on lifetime. It doesn't mean you are giving up, you can always go lower. Plus you won't have to pay anymore!!!

Did anyone read the 3FC notice that they may shut down if they don't get money to support the site??? WOW. I can't imagine how it would cost $1000 a month to host this site. I know it takes a lot of room, but that seems like a lot of money. I know my company doesn't pay that much a month and we have DSL service also.

Well, I better get working. Not fun here at all... I am bummed. I want to go home and do something constructive!!!
Old 06-11-2001, 11:02 AM   #5  

Just a quick post since I have a meeting in a couple of minutes. For those of you who weren't around on Friday, I posted a short novel about myself/weight on Friday's thread.

Well this weekend was pretty uneventful, just relaxing which was nice. I was in the same boat as Jen and Tonya with the awful cold and rainy weather for the past couple of weeks, but this weekend was very sunny and warm. Yeah!! Was pretty good on the food front also.

Sarah - I agree with Belle and HG. If you feel good at this weight and the doc agrees it's a good weight for you then go for lifetime.

Ali - Congrats on lifetime. You're an inspiration.

Belle - Glad your weekend was fun and that the video showed you how great you're doing.

HG - HI! Good for you on the good food at brunch.

Hello to everyone else who hasn't posted yet. I'm so happy to have joined you gals! Hopefully talk to you all later.

noelle74
208 (HW)
207.2 (WW start - 6/1/01)
206.2 (CW)
145 WW goal/125 Personal goal
Old 06-11-2001, 11:25 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm here - just been v busy!

hello girls! we must all be busy working hard today - so few posts!
kierie - hope your interview in the big apple went ok!
sarah - i'd take lifetime. i chose my goal weight as 11 stone (154 pounds) although i'd rather be at 10 and a half stone (147 pounds). (i'm 5 ft 9). for the first year or so of maintenance i got to 147 and stayed around there, but now i'm finding it creeping up to 154 and it may just be my body finding its own level. although i'm probably not tracking as carefully, i've been doing lots of running and that does add muscle (honest!). but as long as it is healthy for you and your weight does not yo-yo then stick to the weight that is easiest to maintain.
i reckon if you are happy then claim lifetime as soon as you can - otherwise you could be miserable never reaching an unattainable and unsuitable weight. and heck - it saves you money!!!
belle - i say thong (although i call them g-strings). never used to like the buggers till i lost weight. now i love 'em (my underwear always used to creep up my *** so i figured it might as well start there ) unfortunately most of my trousers sit low or are too big at the waist (i have big hips, small waist). so when i sit down you can quite often see my 'T-bar'. it amuses BF.
jen - glad you had a good trip. i was wondering about the cost as well. does seem v high. i would hate to not be able to talk to you guys!!
hi to noelle and all the other new girls! good to have you all here.
my weekend was pretty good. very drunken. on saturday night we started drinking at 5pm then went to a gay pub in soho for a little boogie! after that my friends were going to G.A.Y. (gay club) so i decided i'd go and see BF. i have absolutely no idea how i got to his place - no memory! eek. i think i got the underground...anyhow. he wasn't in so i waited in the common room on his floor (student hall of residence) where he found me passed out a few hours later! he was v drunk too and was v pleased to see me! whereupon we went to his room and promptly fell asleep...only to wake up with sore heads. booh.
right, enough wafflings from me.
BIG HELLO to you all and speak properly later,
kirsty
Old 06-11-2001, 12:22 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

I have recently converted to the thong. Except for when TOM is here - I find them WAY more comfy and my panties used to ride up my butt anyway as well.....pain in the...well...butt.

Anyway...hello to you all, going into a scad of meetings...will have to work late

Bye (sob!)
Old 06-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #8  

Hello everyone! I've been lurking but not posting....

Sarah-I would go for the lifetime as well...especially if you feel good...

I went home to NY this weekend for more wedding planning-I found a dress!!!! And possibly dresses for the girls...navy blue....also booked a photographer...it was a productrive weekend...and I wasn't tto bad about being off program...

On friday I LOST 1.8!!! Virgin fat territory now, although i forgot to change my sig....anyhow...gotta get back to work-hello Jen, Belle, Kirsty, Sarah, Noelle and everyone else!!! Where is everyone today??Lori
Old 06-11-2001, 01:43 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Wowzers... where is everyone??? All I have to say is... Whoever got me hooked on Diet Dr. Pepper again... is in trouble! I think it may be Trish's fault!! I thought I was over it... but now that I can drink soda again... I want it all the time! Oh well... I guess there are worse things to fret about!!

Lori.... YAHHHHH for you!!

Kirsty... hate those morning after aches. I don't get those at all anymore, now that I am married with children. Booo Hoooo! Before I got PG tho, I remember downing a bottle of champagne while watching a movie with hubby. That was interesting!

Oh and I wear thongs and bikinis. I even wore thongs at my heavy weight. They are wonderful and no panty lines. Kirsty... I also get the undies hanging out of the pants thing!!!

Well, Back to work... Booo Hooo!
Old 06-11-2001, 01:57 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Lori - woo hoo on your virgin fat territory - I am already in that if you can believe it.....yikes!!

And Kierie - good luck in NY!! You go girl!!

Well, off to wolf down lunch and back to work...
Old 06-11-2001, 02:05 PM   #11  

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their opinoins. I think I will bring the Dr. note to my next WI. I hope I will be at 160 on Friday!!

Lori - congrats on virgin fat, the wedding dress and plans! It is so much fun to plan a wedding. Way to go!

Belle - How great the BF was so sweet. I hope you are a roll with him

Kirsty - Ugh, I didn't go that far overboard with the drinks, thank goodness. I stopped early enough before going to bed

Noelle - Welcome!! We are glad to have you.

Jen - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I hope your weather is better this week. It is going to be in the 90s here!!

Horseygirl - Good job at your mom's bday yesterday. I am sure that the strawberries helped.

Hi everyone else - Stacey, Ali, Brenda, Trish, Kay, Shaylene, Kim, Lolly!! See you later!

sarah
194.4/160.??/153WW
Old 06-11-2001, 04:43 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Sarah: sounds like you have reached you comfort zone and that is fabulous I am where I want to be as well, congrats

Noelle: Thanks Lifetime is great! Welcome to our thread

Belle: Once I maintain my weight for a while I'll do the whole success story thing. I am thinking of submitting one to Dotti's site as well I want to be in SHAPE magazine

Jen: I am a diet coke addict, I understand...

Horsey Girl: Yeah! Another Canadian

Kirsty: I hope your head is better!

Lori: congrats on the virgin fat territory!!! That's great

Wow, I am so overloading on fruits and veggies right now, but I am also doing better on dairy so I should be okay. I've also been journalling much better this week which is good.

Take Care!

Ali

pS:fruits and veggies really decrease my appetite, especially apples and oranges. Remember strawberries are now a point for a cup and a half.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:55 PM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Ugh

I just saw myself on a clip from a video camera. I looked so fat! I'm absolutely disgusted with myself. I was even wearing an outfit I thought I looked OK in. Guess not. So much for feeling better about myself.

Sorry to be such a downer, but yuck! I know I need to be working harder than I am. This weekend, I acted like I had never heard of WW. I haven't counted points or even cared. I had lunch and dinner out both days and went to a wine festival Saturday. But seeing myself on that video HAS to make me care. It was taken as part of that high school journalism workshop my paper is sponsoring this week. It's funny, I don't think of myself as fat, but seeing that video — I wonder if that's how other people see me? How depressing. 185 pounds is a lot on someone who's only 5 feet tall. How I wish I had never let myself get to this point. (

A big struggle for me is cooking. I don't really like to cook, and I get home so late sometimes I just don't want to. It's been suggested that I make dishes ahead of time, but I hate leftovers and plus, who wants to spend the day cooking to fill up the fridge? I know it's a dilemma I HAVE to find an answer too. For a while, I was really good about eating WW frozen dinners, but I got tired of them.

Why does food have to taste so good, anyway? My points today are already practically shot. I had 4 munchkins for breakfast and 2 pieces of pizza for lunch. And my stomach is growling! Ah, I'm really whining, aren't I? I'm sorry, girls.

Everyone, anyway, seems to be doing really well. Lori, Sarah, you two are doing great! And Ali ... you should definitely send your story to magazines! Hi to everyone else, Belle, Noelle, Jen, Kirsty, Horsey girl (what's your real name, anyway?). Where's everyone else today? Lolly? Brenda? Kierie?

Well, I better go. I'm really tired and going to head home soon. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 06-11-2001, 06:04 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Kim - check your PM's!
Old 06-11-2001, 06:37 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Default You can do it Kim!

Hey Kim - don't feel down. I'm sure not one of us hasn't been where you're at today. You're strong!! You can do it!!!

Here's a tip for cooking. I do up some chicken breasts in the oven with various seasonings (buying them in large quantities makes them cheaper) and then freeze them. When it's time to take lunch to work or a quick dinner at home, throw it in a microwave or defrost the night before and top a salad with it or make up some pasta and throw the chicken in. I find it stops me from saying "I have nothing to eat" and heading for the take out section of the phone book.

Hope that helps.
BTW - my real name is Kathleen - Been called Katie all my life but I spell it KT

So goodnight ladies,
KT
Closed Thread