Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#45)

Sherry
08-09-2005, 08:17 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/ang

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
08-09-2005, 08:41 PM

I'm so very tired! Yesterday back to work was unreal! There is so much work involved when you're getting prepared to open school!!!!

Just wanted to start a new thread and say hello. I need to clean the kitchen from dinner, take a shower & iron. Going to try to be in bed tonight by 10:00!

I'll post to everyone tomorrow night. I hope you understand.

Gayle...Glad to see you back hon!

Where is Vicki....Ramona & Doni??????!!!!!

bootwoman
08-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm here Sherry. I just can't get my brain unfogged enough to think of what to post. I promise to try and visit with you all in a few days.
Love you.....

Ramona

ShelleyM
08-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Gayle-I feel your pain. I am so sorry about everything happening to you. I'm sure you will be fantastic at the store, and I know it will help take a bit of the load off of the money situation.

Carol-I'm glad that you are now more mobile. 3 weeks might seem like a long time right now, but it will fly by.

Yesterday I had a meltdown right in front of the clinic lady, a teacher, a couple of parents. The teacher was asking me how a child went home, the clinic lady said there was a mom waiting for me on the phone, 2 parents were waiting for me about bus numbers, and I had to make phone calls to the classrooms to let them know the transportation changes. I just stood there and couldn't think or talk. Then I went into the secretary's office (she wasn't in there) and started crying while trying to make my phone calls. She came in and told me to stay there while she took care of the issues out front. Earlier, the assistant principal asked me to order some stuff, which I told her that I hadn't even had the chance to order the textbooks that she asked me to last week. Told me to get them ordered immediately. She also asked me about a bunch of boxes that are sitting in the front waiting for me to ship out and also some that need to be checked in. I am so slammed. I went in at 6:30 yesterday and didn't leave until 3:30, with still so much to do. I needed to at least go home and get a run in to clear my head. I'm going in early again today, so that I can at least make out a deposit. I will also have to move the school store supplies and shirts from the cafe back to the office today. Today is the last day that they are to be sold in the cafeteria.

It's a good thing I'm on Prozac. Maybe I should start taking more for a few days. What do you girls think? I was taking them every other day, but have started taking them everyday. Now I'm wondering if I should take 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

Ramona-It is nice hearing from you. How are you feeling? How are the boys doing?

Sherry-I hope the teachers don't have you in a frenzy! The days before school starts are very busy.

Dee-I can't believe how much you have been exercising. I hope your back is doing better and that you aren't taking as much medication.

Love to all!

gdeann
08-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Poor, poor sweet Shelley! You don't need an extra dose of Prozac, you need an assistant. It sounds like you have always been able to handle a heavy load, so now the school expects you to even carry a heavier load. Maybe you could schedule a short meeting with the principal to discuss options of splitting your workload up or allowing you extra hours etc. You are so overloaded, you are not doing your job as well as you could at this point. I'm thinking of you sweetie, go easy on the prozac and hopefully things may level out in the next few days.

Ramona, dear, nice to see you!!!!! Please, please come back and post, I miss you! I have a feeling things are really bothering you... know you can get ahold of me anytime you wish.

Sher, I hope you have a better day today! I feel for you girls working in the school system for the next few weeks. Ali starts school the 17th, she is thrilled about going back to school as a 1st grader and no longer a Kinder.

ShelleyM
08-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Gayle-I remember last year when you were crying as you left little Allison in the grown up world of school. Now she is entering 1st grade! Give her an extra hug from her Aunt Shelley and tell her good luck!

Today was much better. Things are beginning to slow down. I was able to move the school store back into the office. I still didn't get to make the deposit or do any orders yet. One of the teachers came to me and asked if her order was in yet. I had to tell her that I hadn't even ordered it yet.

Time to get the spaghetti off the stove.

Deelite
08-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Ramona are you bogged down with work? I hope that everything is ok with you. Please post when you get a chance. I hope that is soon.

Sherry you are such a busy girl. I hope that you get a bit of time to relax today.

Gayle I am glad that things are as bleak. We sure miss you when you don't post. I agree with what you said to Shelley about needing an assistant. She has been just to darn efficient. I had to laugh (sorry) about your story about the waterbed. I remember once when I went to Cancun with a friend we checked into our room and I decided that I would check out what bed I wanted. I bounced on the first bed I seen. It colapsed on me. Guess who got the broken bed. We laughed so hard.
Good luck with the training tomorrow Gayle. You will do well. Your little girl is growing up, Grade one already.

Shelley I am glad that you had a better day today. Your work can be so stressful. I do think that you need an extra hand. I hope that you even have a better day tomorrow.

I don't know what is wrong with me today and for that matter yesterday. I am craving sweets like crazy. Not only am I craving them I am devouring them. Good thing there isn't much in the house. Didn't help that we went to the ball game yesterday and I shared a bag of candy floss with Dez after we had peach pie for dessert. Good thing I am swimming. It sure burns a lot of calories, 500 an hour. After this post I am going out for a walk.

Today I went for my pre-op physical. I think that everything will be ok. I haven't told anyone about the surgery except you girls. I am seeing one of my walking girlfriends tonight and I haven't decided if I am going to tell her. I really should. We have talked about plastic surgery in our group of walking girls but I was the only one that didn't comment. They all have their wishes. I guess you can say I told a small lie to my sister and to Dez. I told them that I was getting a hernia fixed. That is what the doc checked me for but deternined that it was a split muscle from pregnancy. I think that with the family I will tell the white lie. Not sure yet what to do with my friends. It is such a vain operation I am embarrassed. Especially getting my boobs done. I wouldn't have considered it if Larry hadn't mentioned it. I don't think that they are that bad. But did you notice that as we age our nipples get bigger? I didn't til I read up on the surgery. I want itty bitty nipples that are perky again. When I asked the surgeon where the nipples would be he said well they aren't going to be looking at you, they are going to be right in the front, like head lights. lol

gdeann
08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm glad today was better Shelley! Allison is growing up wayyyyyy to fast! Since we do all day Kindergarten here she is way ahead of what I remember Liz knowing at that age. Plus, I think the world we live in today of cable television and computers places kids way ahead of the game.

I had a very good dinner tonight with my experiment... I cooked a breast of chicken in a foil pack in my crockpot (easy cleanup) in the foil packet, I topped the chicken w/2 T of FF italian dressing. After it was cooked, I chunked it up and added some canned green chilis to the mixture. I then placed 1 T. of RF cheese spread on a FF tortilla, added the chicken mixture, rolled it up and microwaved for a few seconds. It was different then the norm and very filling.

gdeann
08-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Dee, we posted at the same time!!!

Hmmmmm....maybe I need boob surgery....my "headlights" are now my "spotlights" for my feet! LOL! I'm sure all of your walking friends will understand if you did decide to tell them ~ just like your friends here do.

Sherry
08-10-2005, 11:58 PM

I'm one tired mama tonight! I'm trying so hard not to get stressed about work! When I left today my desk was piled high with cum records. Tomorrow, I have to go to my "other" school. (Yep, spilt between two again!) On Friday, at my regular school, I have to finish my records then get the attendance folders ready to hand to teachers so they can have them by Monday! Not enough hours in a day and I'm about to scream! Sorry, I had to vent. I'm sure Shelley knows what I'm going through and what I'm talking about!! :lol:

Also...Come Friday afternoon, besides my regular 40 hours this week, I have a Pre-Season Titans football game to work which is 10 hours work! So 40 for the week PLUS 10 for Friday night! (18 hours working on Friday!) :faint:

Gayle,
You're sounding more like yourself! I'm so happy that you're back to posting! Tell Allsion I said I hope she has a wonderful school year and I hope she loves her teacher! I can't believe how big she's getting!!! You'll do fine working! Most registers tell you how much change to give back. Don't worry about it...You'll make yourself sick! You'll do fine! Are you not going to teach classes anymore?

Shelley,
STRESS...STRESS...STRESS!!!! :lol: Will we make it girl???? If I get one more phone call asking "What teacher does my child have?" I'll scream! ALL teachers sent out postcards welcoming them to their rooms but they still call! We even have parents to call and ask "What are the names of the other children in the class? I need to see if my child is friends with any of them." Can you believe this Shelley??? CRAZY! :yikes: Like we don't have anything else to do!!

Dee,
Your post was too funny! When you said that the older you get the bigger your nipples get, I looked down in my shirt!!! :lol3: Mine aren't too big (nipples) right now but now I know what to look forward to as I age!!!! LOL!!!!!! I say if your doctor has approved this surgery and you have the money then by all means...GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! :cp: Let us know when!!!!

Ramona,
Are you ok? Your post sounded like you were either very depressed or something was bothering you. PLEASE keep in touch with us and let us know how you are! We love you and we're here for you girlie! I sure do miss you!!! :grouphug:

Carol,
I'm so happy that you're doing as good as you are! You're one strong lady! Debbie & I were talking about your surgey the other day and felt so sorry for you because there is NO meat around your ankle so it has to be a very painful surgey! I think you have done so good!! Keep it up and you'll be running down the street in no time!!!!!! If I were there I would hug you!!!

Vicki,Cheryl,Janice & Doni ....How are you? I often think of you. Please post soon so we know you're ok!I really miss you!!!!

Debbie...You're posting on the exercise thread now come post here! That's an order!! LOL

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. If so, please forgive me!!!

I don't know if anyone noticed my new tracker.I started low carb a week ago Monday. This past Monday was my first weigh-in. I lost 5 lbs the first week!! :cp: I'm looking forward to Monday for my 2nd weigh-in. This is the first time that I stay full, never hungry and haven't wanted sweets! So it's working!! Thanks Debbie for all the tips and helping me through this... about what to eat, not to eat, etc. I think by doing this I may be able to finally reach my goal and feel good!

Sorry for writing a book! I'll go now and get into bed. Love you all....Hugs!!

ShelleyM
08-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Sherry-Congratulations on the weight loss. With all the running around between the 2 schools and the Titan games, you will probably lose on shear exhaustion alone! At least I get to come home this weekend and relax or run, or do whatever! I don't think I can face the house at this point. My bird room is a total disaster. I need to clean up the poopy newspapers, but I have been too tired after work to even think of it.

Dee-You are too funny. Do we get to see before, during, and after pictures? You will be a great guinea pig just in case any of us can eventually afford the work done!

coles
08-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Sherry and Shelley - You two have hectic jobs. I feel for you both. My last job was like that, and I finally left. They just expect so much. Take some Me time both of you.
I didn't know about the nipples getting bigger!! I checked mine out and they are huge, now, and yes they are looking at my feet. Ranks right up there with chin hair.
I go to the surgeon on August 31, to find out about getting my carpal tunnel operated on.
Sherry - I am probably going back on low carb. I have been trying for three days to get back on program with WW but I just crave sweets too much. Low carb does work and you never have to be hungry, and it gets rid of the cravings. You are doing great. Congratulations on the Weight Loss.
Carol - Hope you are doing well and on the mend.
Gayle - I'm sure you're winning the challenge right now. I have to smarten up, and get back on track.

gdeann
08-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Janice, no need to worry about the challenge. I am staying OP around 90-95 percent of the time but the weight is not budging. Maybe I should add weight gain to my list along with saggy boobs and chin hair??? LOL! The joys of getting older but still feeling like a 20 year old.

Thank you for the well wishes! I'm nervous, but I also know I will survive through all of it. I am excited about working out with the public again. I still am kinda nervous about the money thing. Her registers show how much change to give back, but she wants her employees to count it back from the total due to the balance given. Sometimes (most times) my mind just goes blank. I'll let you guys know how it goes, I only work three hours today to train.

SHER: CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! AWESOME JOB!

Deelite
08-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Gayle I see you are on line. You will do fine. Your headlights will shine the way....

Deelite
08-11-2005, 12:11 PM
I am busy this morning but just wanted to check in. Hehehe, I can just picture you all looking down your shirt to see if your nipples are bigger.

Sher congrats on the weight loss. If I could only lose that five pounds you lost. That is all I want to lose. The last five pounds is always a struggle. I know that Shelley can vouch for that.

bootwoman
08-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your concern. I just didn't want to come on here and hold a
bi*#&ing session. Once I get started, that's all I want to do. My poor husband has been so patient, but I know he is tired of it! I absolutely LOVE my job. I really do. I love investigating crimes and tracking down evidence. The problem is, I'm just an assistant, not an investigator. So, administrative duties come first. There are 7 of us who work in the front offices; everything from warrants to fines and tickets to administrative assitant (payroll, bills, computers, etc.). Unfortunately, there are only 3 of us now doing the work of 7, and one of those has only been on the job 2 weeks. In fact, she gave her notice after only 7 days on the job because she couldn't handle the stress. Tomorrow is her last day so next week, only 2 of us will be doing the work of 7. To make all of that worse, the receptionist is on extended medical leave so that leaves 7 phone lines that have to be answered and beleive me, they never stop ringing. I am so frustrated that no one from the Sheriff down seems to care that we can't possibly get everything done when we are so short handed. My Lieutenant expects me to do the things he needs done, and rightly so. But, because the administrative assistant is out due to surgery, everyone in the entire building turns to me to take care of every little problem from computers to requisitions to court proceedings....and there are over 100 people working in my building that need something done all the time! This is why I haven't posted, because I knew when it started it would be a novel! My Captain even chewed my butt off today for a mistake the new girl made, and he's been a family friend for over 30 years! My skin looks like crap, I grind my teeth in my sleep and I'm just generally not pleasant to be around. So, I guess we all are having a heck of a time with work, huh girls?

Daniel has decided to join the regular Army full time. Right now he is in the National Guard. He will probably leave in about 4 weeks. The good thing is that they let him pick his choice of duty stations. He picked Ft. Sill which is just about 40 miles from his brother, Ben, who is at Altus Air Force Base. They haven't seen each other in 3 years due to Daniel being in Iraq. It will be nice for them to be close where they can build an adult relationship. I'm so proud of them both. They are the light in my day.

Okay, I'm going to take a deep breath now and let it go for the evening. I'll come back this weekend and address everyone individually, providing I'm not called out on Saturday. We are having a dive team come in to search a pond for a person who is missing and believed killed over a drug deal. But, one way or another, I'll post again this weekend.......I promise!

Love you all and sorry for the moaning and groaning!

gdeann
08-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Ramona, hopefully the office will get some help for you soon. How come everyone is leaving? The stress? Maybe they will be able to pull people from other departments to help out until you guys get more help. I knew something was going on with you, please remember to stop and take care of yourself too sweetie. HUGS!
Great news about Dan moving closer to Ben. Ben won't believe the man before his eyes when he sees Dan if its been three years since they were together.

I survived my first day and HOPEFULLY I can survive the others for the next month or two until I catch on to all the ins and outs of the business. It is totally overwhelming but I did also enjoy most of it. The manager, the first one to train and will be the one I train with most, has a "sharpness" about her. I had just arrived and just finished paperwork. I assumed I would watch her with a few transactions and go from there...NOT! She instantly placed me on the computer and registers. I had no clue what to do or were to point, she just stood along the edge of the counter and told me what to do next. She also is not very personable. The assistant manager arrived my last hour, and basically taught me more in that time then the first one. The second manager expects a new person to pick things up quickly, but also is very good to explain things. I never realized I would have people coming into the store during weekdays spending 100's of dollars at a time! Money makes me nervous and then when I add on a couple more zeros it really sends my heart racing!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Dee, is the surgery the end of this month? Are you excited?

Sher, are you eating alot of veggies on your low carb plan or sticking to a strict 20 carbs or less a day?

bootwoman
08-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Gayle, you will do fine. Just don't let them intimidate you. You are a strong woman and you can hold your own. And as far as the money, it's only paper. Don't let it hold power over you. We deal with hundreds of thousands of dollars every month in fine collections. You just have to take charge and not let it bother you. You can do it!

I was sure hoping today would be better, but my first call this morning was on a little 10 year old girl who said her father raped her last night. She is low-functioning, but I believe she is sharp enough to know what is going on. I talked with her for three hours before she finally fell asleep. In that time, she told me that she regularly watches movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. She's 10 years old for Pete's sake!! What is wrong with these morons who expose their babies to things like this??? By this afternoon, we had two more children come forward accusing the same man of molesting them. They were all family members. I had to walk by the man while he was in booking and it was all I could do to keep from slapping him! So, how am I taking away the pain of dealing with those little girls? OF COURSE!!! I'm eating ice cream and cookies!!!!

Okay, I'm going to go take a short nap because I'm on call for any other reports. I'll be back tomorrow.

Take care everyone!

Deelite
08-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Ramona how sad to know that these children will be scared for life. I know that because Dez was sexually assulted when she was two. It was by a neighbor and it was more than once. It was one of the hardest things that we had to deal with. Your job is a tough one. I hope that they give you some relief soon. You can come here and b*$@h anytime. We all need to vent sometimes. I am so proud of your boys. I know that you are too.

Shelley how was work today? Is it the routine setting in for everyone? As for pic 's of my surgery I will email you some, just don't laugh. My headlights are shining down yet but if I wait any longer they might be.

Janice I don't have any chin hairs but I guess that can be remedied a little easier than a TT or a BL. I had carpa; tunnel surgery 20 years ago. It helped a lot. The surgery insision is smaller now than it use to be. I hope all goes well, let us know when you are scheduled for surgery.

Gayle your chicken dinner sounds good. I never thought about putting foil in the crock pot. Good tip. Your first day sounded stressful, I am sure as time goes by you will be an old pro. I hope that you won't have to much problems with your manager.
I am nervous for my surgery, but I am also excited for it to heal and to have a flat tummy and perky breast.

Sherry you are so busy. I hope that you have Sherry time this weekend. Congratulations on the loss. You are doing great. I am so proud of you. My surgery is scheduled for Aug 31. Almost a year to date from my first back surgery. I had that on Aug 30th.

Today I went to a specialist to see if he would be able to give me a cortizone injection in my spine. He said I am a good candidate. I am scheduled for a back x-ray, ct scan and a MRI. Of course you know how fast things get done in canada. He has also perscribed a boot like cast for me drop foot. It is for safety because I will sometimes trip on my foot or stumble down the stairs. Gee am I ever going to look sexy! He was a wealth of info. He told me that for every month that goes by a damage nerve heals an inch. He figured that if all goes well it will take a few years to heal. He confirmed that I have nerve damage steming from my 4tha nd 5th veribra and also weakness in my foot. I have no extention in my back when I lean backwards and my spine is twisted. In order for me to have this injection they have to take an x-ray with contrast media while taking the picture. I am allergic to a contrast media so I have to find out which one to see if it is the same one that they used on me. My doc doesn't seem to have a record so they are trying to get some info from the hospital that I had the reaction in. Gee it is always something. I will probably have the injection in october if I can have the contrast media. I could have had it in september but because of the surgery I opted to wait a bit.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Tonight we are going to a German Pavillian and tomorrow we are going to the beach for a family reunion on my dad's side. There will probably be about 100 people. Larry is in a gold tournament sunday so I will hang out with one of my walking girlfriends that works full time now because she just got seperated.

Have a good one and keep those headlights perky!

ShelleyM
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Ramona-I feel for you, lady! You sound like me, except you are dealing with much more intensive stuff than me just dealing with parents, staff, kids and the boss. I see the horrible stuff that goes on daily, since we are in a minority area. It's so sad the way the even kids toddler size have to deal with the abuse of parents that are involved in drugs and sex. Sad thing is, when DCF comes in, the kids are shoved from foster home to foster home and never really know what a "normal" loving family is about.

Dee-Has the dr ever been able to tell you why this happened to you? It's not like you really did anything to your body to cause all this pain.

Gayle-You will do great. Just pretend the manager isn't there. Really you will find that it's easier just to jump right in and do the stuff. You learn by your mistakes. You are an intelligent and quick learner. You'll have everything mastered in no time.

Yesterday was my 18th anniversary. I barely even saw Mike, because the girls and I went to Temple last night to see my parents honored for their 64th anniversary. I didn't ask Mike to go because he really isn't in to the organized religion thing, and I didn't want to watch him fall asleep there. Anyway, we had a nice time, and I made sure to say my Mishaberas for all of you who are suffering right now.

I need to go 9.5 to make my 30 mile goal for the week, so have a great day everyone!

Deelite
08-13-2005, 11:15 AM
SDhelley happy 18th anniversary. I am sorry to hear that it wasn't a special night for both you and Mike. Can you make a date sometimes this week to do something? What date is your mom and dad's anniversary? Wow 64 years, and I think that when we celebrate our 25th this november that it will be a long time!

Larry just brought Dez home so I better run.

Have a good day.

Sherry
08-13-2005, 02:20 PM

I worked all week PLUS the Titans Pre-Season game last night! Another 10 hours just for last nights game! I'm so tired and sore!

I'm cleaning house and doing laundry. I'll be back later to post to everyone.

Shelley...Happy Anniversary!!! Wayne & I have been married 18 years too! Well..It will be 19 yrs this coming Feb. May you have many, many more happy years!!

Talk later....

ShelleyM
08-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Thanks, ladies. We have actually lived together for 10 years before getting married, so we have been together for 28 years. Wow, that's a long time. Maybe it's time for a new model!LOL!!

bootwoman
08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Congratulations Shelley, and congratulations to your parents too!

We are going out tonight with our minister and his wife, so I've got to go get ready. I'll post to you all later......

bootwoman
08-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Oh, by the way Dee, I have two friends who have had the steroid epidurals. It has been a Godsend to them. They go usually 6 months completely pain free!

Deelite
08-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Ramona that is good news that I may have hope with the injections. Thanks for giving me the info.

Just off to aqua class so I have to run.

4myloves
08-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Sherry, I thought about you Saturday night when Stewart and I were on our way to town--listening to the Titans' pre-season game. I wondered if you were working your little tail off.

Shelley, I hope things get better for you at school! Surely things will settle down after a week or two into the year. I didn't remember that you were responsible for ordering supplies. Have you always been or is this a new assignment that's been added to your load?

Dee, I want plastic surgery, too. Just to get rid of the stretch marks on my boobs (for now). Sometimes I'd like to be able to show a little cleavage.

Ramona, my gosh, you sound so stressed with work right now! I probably would've had a hard time not slapping that guy that was accused of molesting those little girls. It's stories like that that make me afraid to have a baby! I'm getting to the point where I want one, too :(

Gayle, your chicken dish does sound delicious. It sounds like something even Stewart would like! I may try making it sometime!

Hello to everyone else!

Cheryl

Deelite
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Cheryl our long lost Cheryl. I am glad that you posted, it has been awhile. Stretch marks yes......I know about ugly things. Fortunately, mine our on my lower tummy, because of that they will be no more!

Shelley so why did you get married after living together for 10 years? Is it because you wanted to have children?

Time for breakie.

My chalenge for this week is not to have desserts except fruit and maybe with a little of that whipping cream in a can. The other exception to the rule is we are leaving friday for a wedding out of town. So of course when there is dessert placed in front of me I have to eat it or that would be very rude!

Have a good one!

ShelleyM
08-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Cheryl-I am the school bookkeeper. That's why I'm in charge of ordering supplies. The bus, clinic, copying, general office work are just "icing on the cake," bad icing I might add! Today was another awful day. I put 3 children on the wrong bus. Fortunatly, the mom knew the right bus and got everything under control. She knows how busy I am and was very forgiving. I thought that I would be able to do some of the things that I need to get caught up on, but the bus situation continues. We have quite a few kids that are not able to come to school because of no transportation. It's so sad that the parents can't even find a way to get their children to school. They seem to blame me that they can't get their own kids to school.

Dee-Just tell yourself that the dessert might look beautiful on the table, but not on your thighs! Although, if I were going for lipo, I would binge for sure!

mzbhavin
08-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Hey Gals...I am a lurking...Don't have much to tell --trying to stay out of trouble and getting over pneumonia..Older i get the more problems i seem to have...

Hey I didn't have a look at my shirt..hehehe b/c i had that surgery years,years ago and was sooooooooo glad and relieved when i did. Good luck

You gals going back to school try not to stress out to much ok.

well better go the little darlings will be here in a minute.

Vicki

gdeann
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I hope all of my Floozie friends are doing well!

Sorry I've been MIA over the past few days but it has been hectic around here.
I took mom yesterday to the city where she was in the hospital for the month. Her heart doctor was very impressed with her condition. He said she has made a remarkable recovery and to continue doing what she is doing. We were able to get her off two more of her meds so that will help with her prescription expense. He was excited to hear after she finished her eight weeks of cardio therapy she has continued to walk on the threadmill at home on a daily basis. All in all, it was a fantastic report and other then seeing her local doctor here, she will not need to see the specialist for one full year. YIPPEE! My mom is now the smallest I ever remember her, she has lost 50 pounds through all of this and she is toning up with the walking. After her good report yesterday, she wanted to go by Walmart to pick up a light set of hand weights so she can start working on her upper body. I have a 79 year old mother who has decided she wants to be healthy. Probably time, huh? LOL!

Nice to see you Vickster! I hope your feeling better soon. I hope life gets less stressful for you, you deserve it.

Shelley, I hope the job gets better soon! You really do need some extra help...I wonder what they would do if you threatened to quit?

Dee, your plan sounds great to me. I think I am slowly coming to realize one can have all things in moderation. Are you getting nervous about the surgery? BTW: When will the wedding take place???

Ramona, how sad about the sexual abuse case. Then we wonder why we have so many messed up, in trouble kids. When I worked with JO's, it seemed like the problems most always started with their home life. Please don't be a stranger here, we miss you.

Cheryl, nice to see you posting here! Congrats on the weight loss!

Sherry, did you survive the busy weekend?

Well I guess I better go, I train again today at the store. I am doing ok, catching on to most of it. I still have anxiety working with the money and the large orders, I think I need to just keep telling myself to calm down and relax. I have had a knot in my stomach since I started last week. I wish I could have the confidence to not let things bother me.

Wishing all of you a great day!

Deelite
08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Gayle you won't be be nervous with money when you get more experience. Let me tell you a story that happen to Dez a few weeks ago. She was worked at McDonalds and then continued on at her full time job at the gas station. Needless to say she was tired. Every few hours they make a money drop. Around 1:00,10:00 and midnight she made drops. When she was finished her shift she went home to sleep. Dez was suddenly awaken by the phone in the early hours. Her boss wanted to know what happenned to her 10:00 drop. She said that she made the drop. Her boss said that it was missing and acused her of stealing it and to bring back the money. Dez had no clue what she did with the missing money. Well guess what? After watching the video tape to see what she did they seen that she dropped in the garbage. The assitance manager rummaged through the big BFI bin and no luck! Of all the unlucky days for the garbage man to come and take the trash. It gets picked up once a week. Some where out there money is blowing in the wind.
Now Gayle I really don't think that you are that careless to let something like that happen.
Great news about your mom. Prayer does miricles. Look how far she has come. I am so happy for your family.

Sherry where are you? You are just too busy. Slow down girl and come post.

Vicki nice to see that you posted. So do you have any advice for me about the surgery?

Shelley you are too funny! So you think that I should binge? Dang it is tough not to eat desserts. Well it is day 3 and so far so good. I do have to say I did a little pot licking today. I made a rhubarb crisp, rhubard cake and chocolate loafs with Kahlua glaze. Yummy!

gdeann
08-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Are you into torture Dee? The week you are giving up desserts and you make such wonderful things??? The rhubarb cake sounds yummy!
So sad about Dez. At least management knew she didn't steal it with proof on the video. Did she have to make the difference up?
I am happy for mom, the news seemed to really lift her spirits.

Deelite
08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Gayle Dez did have to pay for the money she through out. Yeah it sucks but it was her mistake. Just that she can't afford to lose any money when she lives on her own. Let's just say it is a lesson well learned.

Sherry
08-16-2005, 08:53 PM

I'm here. Just very tired. I still haven't rested up good from working 18 hours Friday. PLUS, last week and this week at school have been crazy! I'm just mentally & physically drained!

Please forgive me for not posting much. I promise I'll get rested up and be back here real soon! Right now I need to lay down.Wayne is even helping me with dinner! (Shock!) :lol:

I wanted to say..."I love you all!!!"

I PROMISE I'll post tomorrow night! :wave:

bootwoman
08-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Sorry for not posting to everyone Saturday. I ended up having to work the rest of the weekend. We now have five rape victims, all 10 years or younger. Thank goodness the man is behind bars and his bail has been set at a half million dollars. I have never worked so hard on a case in my entire career. I want the man put away FOREVER! I have listened to these girls and they have told of things that you can't imagine even in your wildest dreams. These little girls know more about sex than I did when I got married! The saddest thing is that one of them is the man's own daughter and she is quite low-funtioning. Still, she knows when something isn't right and she is telling all!
I got called in by the Sheriff today and he told me that he is really proud of the job that I and the detective on this case have done, and he thanked us both. He told me that even the prosecutor had made positive comments about it. Trust me this is quite an honor because we rarely get any "atta boys" at work.

Gayle, I'm so glad that your mother got such a good report. I know that is quite a relief for you. Good luck on the job!

Dee, that's awful about Dez and the money. Like you said, lesson learned. Are you getting nervous about your surgery?

Sherry, get some rest girl! You make me tired!

Shelley, I hope things calm down for you soon. I know how conscientious you are and I know you let things get to you. You are doing a great job. Take a breath and give yourself a pat on the back!

Cheryl, are you getting any of this wonderful rain? We sure do need it.

Hey to all of the Floozies out there. I have to go count my pennies now to see if I can buy a gallon of gas.....can you believe these prices!!!???

See you all tomorrow.

ShelleyM
08-17-2005, 07:15 AM
I have to leave for work, but I'll post later today. Just wanted everyone to know that I'm here!

4myloves
08-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Ramona, nope, no rain for us yet. We need it BADLY, too. Because diesel is so high, it's costing some of our farmers between $800 and $1,000 a DAY to water their crops! At last check, regular gasoline here in the northeast part of the state is $2.54/gallon--and that's at Wal-Mart, which is usually the cheapest place around.

When I got home from work last night Stewart had cooked supper for himself (I've been eating Subway sandwiches for the past while) and I couldn't resist eating some of his food. He had fried deer tenderloin, stewed potatoes and brown gravy made from the deer grease/drippings. I only ate the deer--not the potatoes or gravy--and it was SO good!!!!! Yummy!

I've got to go to a foreclosure sale at our courthouse this morning. One of our farmers--but the bank is who's holding the sale. It should be an interesting sale, he was pretty well off at one time.

I'll check back in later.

Deelite
08-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Sherry it is ok that you aren't posting, I figured you were exhausted. Why do you do that to yoursel, girl? You must be really tired if Wayne is helping you with dinner. I am glad that he is helping, it doesn't hurt him.

Ramona I don't think that I would be able to do your job. There is just to much heart ache. Congratulations on a job well done. To be recognized by the Sheriff and Prosecutor is something to be proud of. You are a fine example for your boys.
I am nervous about the surgery. Soon it will be over with.

Hi Shelley. Glad you checked in. I hope that you have a better day at work.

Cheryl you did good at resisting. I am proud of you. Have you weighed in this week? Are you going to meet your Aug 22nd goal?

Gayle how are you doing? Are you getting use to work? Have you moved off your plateau? I was thinking about that the other day and I thought that if you haven't moved off your plateau maybe you should up your calories for three to four days. Sometimes that is all that you need to lose weight.

Now for some bad news that I don't want to post. I am not even sure if it has sunk in yet. I got a phone call today from my mom. She was pretty upset. Dad has cancer. He will need radiation. Cancer Care called and will be setting up a consoltaion meeting and will inform them of the plan of action. Oh boy, here we go again. We could use your prayers.

gdeann
08-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Dee, so sorry to hear about your father. Where is his cancer located? Prayers are sent for him and your mom too. We all know what the miracle of prayer can do when we have loved ones that need it. I know my mom recovered because of her faith and all the love and prayers from family & friends. Thank you guys for praying for her too.

Oh boy! I worked my butt off today! An order came in, so I spent five full hours walking, stocking product and lugging full liquor cases. I did not stop for one full minute. I wonder how many calories are burned with continuous movement and never sitting down. Hopefully, I will slim my butt down and build my arms up! LOL!

Cheryl, it's ok to slip up with your eating plan as long as you get right back on track. I am so proud of you!

Allison had her first day of school today and told me it was PERFECT! All I could think of was the office staff,teachers etc. going nuts like you guys working in the schools. In a 1st grader mind, all is well! LOL!

Sherry
08-17-2005, 07:53 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!!

Please Go To #46...............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!! :cp: