Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-06-2005, 07:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - Aug 6 & 7

Good Morning Ladies

Finally the humidity broke and we are expecting to have a really nice weekend. I'm glad b/c I have a BBQ to go to and I hate it when your just standing there sweating.

DH and I were talking about pools and I think we will have one next year. It will be an above ground b/c there are to many insects / animals that can get into it. My neighbors have a built in and I won't go swimming there b/c of that. SSSHIVERS EEEEEW.

Soooo what happening w/you all today?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Leenie
mmmm Poool I'm up early and goign to hit the shower we're goign camping over night finally! I'm down 2 more Pounds Yay! 3 lbs till my August goal. But It's definitely getting time to add some fruit/carbs back b/c I'm getting Mean LOL Poor DH.
The BBQ I survived Unscathed cheeseburger no bun with tomato Chicken and coleslaw.
Come out and Play LAdies!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I just did a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick dvd.

Now I'm sitting here with coloring in my hair and gotta get ready to head to my oldest niece's bridal shower.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
August Miles = 4
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  

Good morning everyone

How is everyones weekend going....I was up earlier....put together a crockpot stew.....it's a recipe I got from the WW boards.
DS3 came over for dinner last night....his GF & her 14 year old DS went away for a week to visit her mother.

DIL was induced twice yesterday....but nothing happened....so the doctor is going to decide today what he will do.

KO....congratulations on losing 2 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Leenie & Cathy.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all :wave
Wow April, that little baby is obviously quite happy inside mommy! I wonder if this stuborness will be a sign of things to come Enjoy your stew tonight. I love using the crockpot. I'm not organized enough to use it as often as I'd like tho.
KO congrats on the weight loss.
Good for you Cathy on getting your exercise in, have fun at the shower.
Hi Leenie glad its cooling down for you.
Not much going on here. I'm not to sure what the girls and I will get up to today. Unfortunatly our nice sunshine is hiding and I see drips off of the roof, so I guess my laundry got another fresh water rinse. At least it will smell nice and fresh when I get it in!
Anyway I better go and putter, have a great weekend everyone.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:24 PM   #6  

Hi again everyone

I am now a grandmother for the 1st time today.....DIL had a C-Section today....at 2:59 P.M. Claire Anne was born....Mom was 35 weeks pregnant....baby weighed 4 lbs. 13 oz.....she was 18" long....she is in an incubator & is doing fine.

April

Last edited by april99; 08-07-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!!!!!
Glad everything went well and Baby and mom are fine. Claire Anne is such a pretty name. When are you going to get down to see them?
Congrats again Grandma!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:38 AM   #8  

Very happy for you and your DH: first time grandparents! A new little being to spoil rotten! Also glad to hear baby and mother are doing well. And Buddly is right, Claire Anne is a beautiful name. I hope they use the whole name and not just Claire - Claire-Anne has such a serene, elegant sound to it. And she'll already have the perfectly memorable name she'll need when she becomes a supermodel/superstar/world-renowned surgeon/playwright/prime minister.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #9  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hi all.

Congratulations on the grandbaby! Fun times ahead! I became an aunt last December and very happy about it.

We are thinking of getting a small pool in the backyard.. (this is the South.. pools are needed sometimes!) We used to have a big one, but couldn't take care of it.

I tried out Tae Bo, but I'm not quick enough yet.. I'll need to practice . Did WATPs twice again tonight and feeling good .

Also, need new clothes for my senior pictures. Kinda wish I did the diet thing before.. would look better for the pictures..
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:51 AM   #10  
I CAN DO THIS

Hi everyone back again.. I seem to keep popping in and out..Hopefully now I will start getting back online more.. I am moving this month back in with my husband. Things seem to be alot better now although alot has happened in the last 6 months. Hope everyone is doing great

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone

April congratulations on baby Claire I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing good.

Everyone

Nothing much going on today, I'll be finishing laundry and cleaning upstairs.

Watcha got going today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang

April - or should we start calling you MawMaw? or Granny? hehehehehehe I know you must be so very excited about the CONGRATS! I'm so glad that all went well. hugs!

hugs gang

cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-07-2005 at 03:43 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #13  
CIN

Good Afternoon Ladies,
April................congrats! !
My firstborn daughter was a c-section 4lb 3 oz little tiny thing.....she came home when I did a couple days later. All c-section babies stay in the incubator at first..I think..then again that was in the 70's !Ha!My tiny baby is now 31 with 4 children of her own. Being a Grandparent is the absolute BEST thing in Life so far!

Well gals..I am leading one meeting tomorrow and 2 Tuesday...wish me luck!
I am nervous.I have been off almost 8 weeks now! I am excited about it too! Good thing I dont have to be there til 4 PM.I can "rest-up"!

Hope everyone has a great week!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #14  

Hi again all...Thank you everyone.....DS1 called this morning....he said the baby has had some erratic breathing....up & down.....but the breathing has improved today.

DS1 sent pictures in an email....she is in an incubater....has 40% oxygen....she is doing better today.

Not much else new here....went to Costco to get a prescription. DS3 is coming over for supper today.
It's a nice day here today.....I think I might go read my book now.

April
Old 08-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #15  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, April cangrats on becoming every mother's wish - a grandmother!!! I'm very excited for that time when it someday arrives. You have had quite a year so far. Congrats again.

CIN, I'm so excited for you - enjoy leading the meeting. You're way on your way to having you life back. Congratulations.

Ashlie, good luck with trying again with DH. My prayers are with you.

Pixie, smile for the camera and that is all that matters. And enjoy getting a pool. I love mine.

Cathy, how did the hair color come out? I love to color my hair, but during pool season I dare not buy a box or I'll have green hair.

Buddly, sorry about the fresh rinse on the laundry. I gave up drying stuff outside because of rain or because of dust storms. Either way I had dirty laundry.

I had a great week. The withdrawal from the meds is going good. Just a little fuzzy headed, but that's to be expected. Mainly I feel like a big cloud is being lifted away from me and that this is the right choice. At first going off my meds was for losing weight, but I'm now interested in life again - not just so-so, but whole heartedly. I think the effexor had long since stopped being effective. So for now, I am one very happy camper. For the first time in five years, I am interested in writing again (I used to write and the meds killed my creativity). I told DH that I wanted to work on one of my manuscripts and he nearly fell out of his chair. He was also very happy since writing was such a big part of my existence.

We went hiking this morning and my precious Blizzie dog hurt her front left elbow and is limping. She's doing better, but I'm starting to think that hiking on the mountain with the dogs isn't a great idea. My dogs keep getting hurt (except Kody the spry, young bulldozer). DH reluctantly agreed with me.

Then after hiking we swam laps in the pool. Two exercises in one day. I also did my weights and situps. Wow. I think I'm getting the hang of exercising. BTW, did good eating too. Just a good day all around.

Again, April, congrats!!!!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote