South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:34 PM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Default Has anyone experienced this?

It is the strangest thing. It seems like every time the scale finally moves 5 or more pounds and stays there for several days then I am so very, very cold. I have a hard time getting warm for a couple of days and then everything seems to go back to normal again. I have always been very warm blooded and have noticed that as I have been losing that I am not as warm blooded as I use to be but I don't understand the being really cold for a few days. Maybe just my body's way of adjusting to the new weight?

I am going to go see my doctor for my annual visit next week and going to ask him about it but thought I'd check with you chicks to see if anyone else has experienced this.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #2  
Kyemom

I am always freezing. DH is always hot...we are never comfortable!!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'm sure not freezing right now - it's 100! However, this winter I seemed to be constantly cold.
You might ask your doctor to check your thyroid.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #4  

Was going to say the same thing as Ruth. I am usually always hot!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #5  
Started SBD 1/26/04

You know I didn't think about my thyroid being out of whack again. I have been on thyroid medication for about 2 1/2 years now and it will go for a while and be really steady and then all of a sudden it will get really wonky again.

It has been only for the last two months that I have be having the cold thing happening and I also have recently (first of april) gone off birth control pills so maybe I do need a thyroid medication change again. I read somewhere that birth control pills will effect thyroid meds. Will make sure the blood work request has a thyroid check on it.

Thanks ladies I knew I could count on you for good suggestions and food for thought to get my own brain working in the right direction.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #6  

I really enjoy the "colder feelings" I am having as I am losing weight. It has been around 103 here and I have been able to keep the thermostat sat higher and just use fans, than I could in the past!! I love it!!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #7  

I think there are two things at play. First, fat is warm. With each inch of fat you're taking off it's an inch of insulation you're losing. Cold is GOOD.

Second, if you're like me, you're drinking a TON of cold water. That'll make you cold really fast.

It may also have to do with your blood pressure adjusting to a weight change. That's totally non-clinical, just a guess!
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Karla, I have a pretty good feeling that it's your thyroid, but it's definitely worth checking with your Dr.

However, I've definitely gone from being someone who sweated in the snow to someone who is freezing most of the time (though not this summer! ). It's something else to lose over 100 pounds of 'insulation'...it makes a major difference! I actually wore turtlenecks this winter! And in the summer, I'm much more comfortable. All around, it's a good thing.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #9  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Just wanted to tell all of you chicks thanks for all of the ideas.

I started taking my blood pressure after one of you suggested that it might be the problem and it was the lowest I have ever seen it. It was running from 102-111 over 46-56.

My thyroid test came back normal and my doctor lowered my blood pressure medicine as of last night. It is amazing how much better I feel already. I woke up with energy and went for a walk this morning. This is the best I have felt for 2 weeks. I feel like I am almost back to normal again.

Yippee!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:41 PM   #10  

Good for you Shebasmom, glad to hear you are feeling better and that they figured it out at your Doctors!! I unfortunatley never feel the "cold" feeling as I dont seem to be losing as much fat as I would like too!! Oh well, I am envious of you ladies who are, hopefully my time will come!!
Closed Thread