Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

Default Bummed

Ugh. I have been sooo good the last few days. I even made it through the weekend without grazing all day, or having a binge-fest. So what do I get for it?? I've GAINED weight!

I cut out soda. I've been drinking lemonade instead. l control how much sugar goes into it (I make it rather low on sugar and high on lemons ) and it doesn't have the caffiene (my lemonade is more like lemon-flavored water). I've been making a conscious effort to have several small meals/snacks instead of letting myself get so hungry that I eat everything in sight. I've actually exercised. Not as much as I should, but I've moved my butt!!

And instead of losing - or even maintaining - over the week, I've gained. Not a lot -- only .75 pounds, but it's still a gain. Very discouraging when I know I've been so good....

However, I'm not going to backslide this time. I am going to keep going. I refuse to let this little set-back send me into another spiral of eating till it hurts - literally.

My main goal is not actually a number on the scale. I have to keep reminding myself of that. My real goal is to be healthy enough, and slim enough, to ride any amusement park ride I want to without worrying about whether or not I'll fit in the seat, or if the belt/restraint will fit. I love rollercoasters, and haven't ridden one in three years. And that time, it was close because the seatbelt JUST fit.

My daughter is six years old. We go to Knoebel's at least once a year, usually twice. (Knoebels is a small amusement park where you don't pay to park, don't pay to get in, only pay to ride and they have 2 of the world's best wooden roller coasters -- and the park is nice and shady. I could go on and on about Knoebel's ) She wants Mom to ride with her. Right now, I can barely fit in some of the rides, and certianly not the roller coasters. Next year, she will be big enough to ride them, and she's gonna want me to go too. I'm gonna want to go too!!

I guess I just needed to write this out to remind myself to keep at it. A little set-back on the scales is NOT important. If I keep eating better and keep up trying to get in more exercise, I will lose this weight. I'll never be a skinny-minny, I don't expect that. I just don't always want to be the fat lady. Somewhere in between would be just lovely, I think.
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:44 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Darla,

You have a great attitude!!!!! You can do it! You have a FABULOUS motivation in wanting to ride a rollercoaster with your daughter, and I think that is the most important thing. I think it is soooooo important to have a "non-scale" goal, because this whole journey is about improving our lives and not about some *silly* number on the scale. My personal trainer HATES scales and "forbids" me from weighing myself! But I do. Only once a month, though!

You're doing great! You can do it! Focus on your "real" goals and maybe limit yourself to weighing-in only every 2 weeks or something.

You can do it!!!

I LOVE your "Overall Progress" weight tracker, by the way. It looks a little familiar...
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Isn't that the way it always goes? You work your butt off, eat right and the scale decides to go up instead of down. Are you taking your measurements? If not I would suggest giving that a try. It can be motivating as well to know you lost inches in one week even though the scale went up.

It sounds like you have a great attitude this time and you're not going to let that small gain get you down.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:07 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Darla!

Yes, the scales are but we just can't resist them can we? As long as you know that you are doing all the right things then forget the scales for a bit and go by how much better you feel in yourself. .75lb is nothing it could be water or gas or anything!

Good for you for staying on track!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:10 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Keep with it Darla. Just because the scale says there is a gain does not mean it's telling the truth. Things can make the scale lie. So just keep doing what you know is right and it will all work out.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #6  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I'm agreeing with what everyone else is saying. That .75 could very likely be water weight. Your weight can fluctuate +/- 5 lbs from day to day just from your body retaining or loosing water!
The scale is not the only way to track your progress. When I first started I kept track of my progress by the way my clothes were fitting. I usually noticed it most by how my work clothes are fitting. Being as I only wear them on the weekends they would be a touch looser each time I wore them.
An idea I had, was for you to take the pants you wore last time you rode a rollar coaster and try them on once in a while. When they are getting loose, then you'll know you're shrinking for sure and be able to tell how the dreaded seatbelts on those beloved rollercoasters will fit!
Keep up the good work, and you have been doing great! Before you know it, you'll be riding the rollercoasters with your daughter!!

P.S. I too am working to fit in a rollercoaster! But I've never been on one!! So one of my reward for when I reach 190 lbs is to go to Six Flags, just me and my DH, and ride every single rollercoaster there!
The last time I rode an amusement park ride was probably 4 years ago at the county fair and it was a squeeze for me to fit in the ride. Next year I plan to ride all the fun, fast rides and make up for all the years I didn't ride from the fear of not fitting!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I also think it might be water. But don't cut back on it!!! I find my body holds more water at certain times of the month. Don't be discouraged your doing the right things and the weight will come off.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #8  
Tenacious

Great attitude Darla! You can't let yourself get discouraged by a small gain. A small weight gain like that could be the result of retaining water because you ate a lot of salty food the day before, wearing different clothing, forgetting to shave your legs, wearing a different pair of earrings or even putting off trimming your toe nails. So hang in there and you'll see a loss next week!

Now, I'm off to exfoliate my face and remove the dead skin from my feet 'cause tomorrow is my weigh in day and I need all the help I can get!

Good luck next week!

Melissa
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote