Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:43 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lightbulb Some great products (and some not so great)

For those of us that don't care that much for plain bottled water I have tried some products this past week that I really liked.

Crystal Light singles:

I think these have been in the U.S. for a while but they are relatively new where I am in Canada. Very handy single servings that you can keep in your purse then mix into a standard size bottle of water. So far I have only been able to find the raspberry ice and the tangarine flavours.

Nelson Pure Life flavoured waters:

I got a case of these at Costco. They are made with Splenda so they don't have that strong aftertaste that I associate with Aspartame. Comes in lime, tangerine, strawberry, raspberry and mixed berry.

Dasani flavoured water:

Also made with Splenda - I have only tried the raspberry flavour but it was quite nice.

Both these have 0 calories, 0 fat - just don't overdo it as there is sodium in them. Dasani has about 5mg per 250 ml serving but I am not sure about the Pure Life.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Lipton Tea also has diet tea in the 'to go' pouches.

Wal-mart also makes their own brand of the 'to go' pouches.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #3  
Running Babe

Mauvaisroux: They also sell the Strawberry-Banana-Orange one around here so hopefully you'll be able to find it.

I am getting addicted to Diet Dr Pepper though...

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #4  

I hear the diet Dr. Pepper vanilla is really good

Today I had a chocolate craving so I tred the new Cadbury Delight. It is suppose to have 80% less sugar than regular Dairy Milk bar. Unfortunately they have replaced the sugar with Maltitol which is a sugar alcohol so there's not much difference really

It tasted okay but I calculated the points when I got back to the office and it was 5 points so I may as well have eaten a regular plain chocolate bar at that rate - oh well live and learn!
Old 07-31-2005, 06:54 AM   #5  

Hey All, I have to say that I really like quite a few of the Wal Mart "On the Go" Flavor Sticks!!! I am going to be starting Weight Wathers here in a few days (no meeeting in my area until Tues or Wed. as I am RV'ing this summer on vacation) but I just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

I am not a big fan of the Orange Delight (I think that's what they call it) or the Teas but I absolutely LOVE the Fruit Punch!!! I like the lemonade too as a break from the punch too a lot!!!

The Fruit Punch has 0 Carbs, 0 Fat, 0 Cals, but 20 mgs Sodium for the whole stick. Best part for me is it kinda wards off the "diet" water blues and makes me feel like I am having a "treat" if you will!!! It's also MUCH cheaper than the Crystal Light at I think $4+ per box! I bought one of the boxes of sticks of Crystal Light Green Tea on sale for over $3 and threw it away because even my Dad wouldn't drink it!!! The WM alternative is only $1.86 for a box of 13 sticks!

I hope it doesn't sound like a "plug" but I was really impressed with the Fruit Punch!!! Hope this helps!!! Happy Drinking!

Hugssss All,
Buggie
Old 07-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

mauvaisroux, Have you tried the Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla yet...everyone I know who has tried (this is real not cyber world) thinks it tastes like robutussin cough syrup.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:35 PM   #7  

No I haven't Kelly but I've had a few people who said it was good...maybe I'll have to rethink that if it tastes like cough syrup
Closed Thread