South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default anyone got a rant? The Ranting Post...

So, tomorrow, not only is it going to be 98 degrees with humidity here making it feel like 110, but I have to go to one of my favorite places on earth -- Six Flags amusement park.

HB's organization (my old work) is sponsoring a day, and it happens to be tomorrow -- the hottest day of the year thus far. We're trying to plan ahead -- hats and sunscreen, bathing suits and plenty of water!!!

And while I am still of the mentality that treating myself is "bad" - I know I might go overboard at the end of the day -- funnel cakes and candy apples are my favorite things. I haven't been to an amusement park in years now, but while I LOVE roller coasters, the food has got to be the best thing for me.

I haven't binged in over 2 months - -a record for me. Nothing has come close to a binge. I've tried my best at limiting my portions of things so as not to feel deprived, but still taste a bit of things here and there. But I can feel one coming on. Treating is not binging. I know I shouldn't think of it as bad.

Maybe I can share some of my favorite snacks with HB, instead of getting my own. I know there are solutions out there, but is it wrong to not want to look for them?

I will eat as SB friendly as I can for the mandatory togetherness lunch. And I have to remember to control myself around the "treats" at the end of the day.

Ok, done with my rant. Anyone got another?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Red lobster....cheesy bisquits. Do I need to say anything else....I had 2!!! Which is good, because I really wanted to eat the entire basket!!!
Good luck Jen! Stop focusing on the food & remember what a fun day you will have with HB (I'm jealous...I wanna go to a park with my DBF all day!!) Jen you'll do great!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #3  

thanks hon

I don't have to eat EVERYTHING is going to be my chant of the day and night!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Does the rest of the family like the funnel cakes and candied apples? Maybe they could get one of each and you could share, just a bite here and there.

I've found that it's the first few bites of something I love is the best part, then I just want to finish it just because it's there. Since I've started sharing I've gotten much better at control. I don't want the entire thing anymore but if I bought it I would eat the entire thing. So I have to be careful.

Good luck no-not luck, good strategizing and planning and you'll have a great time.

My rant? People who say: "Are you still on that diet? When are going to get off it and go back to normal food?" Don't get me started, because I go on to tell these uninformed idiots (oh, I mean friends) Yes, I'm still on, I'm never going back to eating my normal foods the way I did in the past. Because that is what made me fat in the first place, eating "normal" foods without worrying about portion sizes. I enjoy the way I'm eating and yes occasionally I do eat foods in small quantities that are not that good for me.

Sarah

my big down fall at amusement parks on a hot day is the ice cream dots and corn dogs.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Sarah! I know what you mean! It's either that or when I do mess up & have something I shouldn't their there being the food police...should you be having that?! I already feel bad I don't need you to remind me! Especially when they are bigger than me!!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #6  

I ran into some friends at the grocery store. They are both big like me. They said they had tried SB but decided it was too expensive. That bugged me. I guess that would rather spend their money on medication than to eat healthy. Personally I would rather spend it at the grocery store than the drug store.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:23 PM   #7  

I was at Red Lobster this weekend and didn't even have 1 biscuit! Or dessert!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:37 PM   #8  
Kyemom

U go Wendy...me too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #9  

My behind is killing me. Anybody else experiencing a sore tail bone from losing that extra padding. I'm gonna have to bring a pillow to work to sit on. Seriously. Please somebody say its happened to them.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #10  

My padding is staying so far, but I remember years ago there was a lady at my church who complained about that. "The one thing I miss about being fat is the cushening. Did anyone ever sit in these chairs before they bought them?" She always brought a pillow everywhere.

Sarah
Old 07-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #11  

you ladies crack me up.

Sarah -- it's just me and HB. HB is about 136 pounds and can't gain weight (she's been trying). She can eat whatever she wants. Grrrr. I am only marrying her to live vicariously through her eating habits.

Anyway, I think my plan is to get the funnel cake and caramel apple and since she likes them both, nibble on HERS. Lunch is a BBQ I think, which I can manage. I am going to be CHUGGING water so no worries there. May get a soda with dinner, who knows.

Yes, planning is key. But will power is too and I seem to have lost mine just salivating over thinking about tomorrow
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #12  

Family is relative , who ever you chose to be your family is your family. Shoot, I know for a fact that a lot of my blood family I don't particularly care for, they are a strange bunch of people. I keep asking my mom, "you sure I'm not adopted or something?"

Sarah
Old 07-26-2005, 12:11 PM   #13  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Butt Bone Pain & Bruises!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmother
My behind is killing me. Anybody else experiencing a sore tail bone from losing that extra padding. I'm gonna have to bring a pillow to work to sit on. Seriously. Please somebody say its happened to them.
Yep....it's happened to me!! I forgot there WERE bones in my butt!! I also seem to bruise more often...I've always been kinda clutzy, but now when I bang myself (usually against a piece of large furniture that has been in the same location for years) it hurts because a lot of my padding is gone! Great to see the "progress;" not great to have ouchies everywhere!
Closed Thread