Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 07:54 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekly Cackle: July 25th - 31st

Goooooood Morning Beauties

How was your weekend. Mine was nice, to short as usual but can't complain. I'm all alone at work today, LOVE IT

Whatcha doing today ?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  

Good morning all!

I had a nice weekend, we went to see Wedding Crashers on Friday (very funny) and the dinner out and ballgame on Saturday. It was way too hot yesterday so we hit the grocery store early then stayed in to clean house.

The dinner out was fabulous. The beer was yummy! The beer sampler had 10 different 3oz. glasses of beer. We shared that, then each picked one glass of our favorite. We did start with the Asiago cheese dip which was incredible, then I had the Chicken w/Asparagus. It was nice just to be out with the hubby like adults. It doesn't happen very often.

Today I am at work, and it is pouring so it looks like no lunchtime bike ride for me. My DD and I are going to Target tonight after work. Such an exciting life I lead!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Leenie and Melissa!

Leenie, I hope you have the entire day to yourself.

Melissa, sounds you had a wonderful time!
I love going out with DH... just the two of us. It's particularly nice now that DD is old enough to "babysit" her brother. Still, even when I'm out with DH, I'm thinking, "I hope the kids are okay." Ah... the joys of being a mother... never a worryless moment.

I had a very bad weekend depression-wise, and DH took me to the hospital yesterday. We spent the entire day in the psych ward. I saw one doctor, one social worker, and two psychiatrists.
They decided not to admit me, but sent me home with some drugs to add to the ones I'm already taking. The meds knocked me right out last night, and I had the best sleep I've had in ages... slept in until 9 this morning!
DH and I were famished by the time we left the hospital at 7 last night, and we ate a LOT of bad things when we got home. I'm not going to stress about that too much right now... I just need to work on minimizing my stress levels.
I think I may take a little nap. This sleeping stuff is lovely.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...
Old 07-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #4  

aww ellis, I am glad you are feeling a little better today!

How soon until your regular therapist is back? You are doing great just taking it one day at a time.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Melissa, your date with DH sounds really nice, I'm glad you enjoyed it. What did they give you to dip in the Asiago cheese dip? veggies?nacho's?

Ellis chicklet, you just hang in there. I'm sorry you had a horrible weekend and wound up in the hospital. You are so right about not stressing about what you ate. Why is it we tend to take so much on at once? HUGS !!! Feel better.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #6  

Thank you, girls. I'm hanging in there. I slept almost all day yesterday, and I'm up 8 pounds this week. I'll just do what I can until things get better.
Two more weeks until my psychi gets back, Melissa. In the meantime, the mental health centre here calls me every couple of days to check on me, and they'll even come to the house if I want them to. Great services.

Mom is taking me out for breakfast, and then we may hit a second hand store. It might do me good to get out for a bit. Maybe I'll burn a couple of calories just by standing up.
Have a good day, girls!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:34 AM   #7  

Have fun with your mom Ellis. Try to just enjoy your day!

Leenie, they served the dip with cute little pieces of bread. The bread was almost as good as the dip. I keep my carbs down to 50% of my food now so I hardly ever waste them on bread. It was such a treat!

I have a meeting today with Team in Training to find out about training for either a 100 mile bike ride or a half marathon. I am really leaning towards the running because it will be much more of a challenge for me. I am proud of myself that I have signed up for the meeting and will be going. I heard about this about 5 years ago and have always wanted to do it. I am really, really worried that the training schedule will be impossible with trying to figure out childcare for my daughter while I am a training. I am trying not to be too defeatist about it. I just keep telling myself to wait until I get to the meeting before I start making my excuses about why I can't do it!

Have a great day all!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:19 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Ellis enjoy your day with Mom. Hope you get some great bargins HUGS.

Melissa WOWEEE that run sounds awesome, YOU CAN DO IT !!!!! and its for a great cause too. I'm so proud of you!! woe, that dip sounds dangerous

Nothing new here, SOSDD
Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #9  

Well, I did it! I signed up for the half marathon in Phoenix. I had to duck out of the meeting a little early. I still have a lot of material to go through to figure out what I got myself into. I will post more about as I figure it out.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

WTG Melissa !!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:23 PM   #11  

Here is the website with more information on the organization and for donation. Would I be allowed to post that in say, the Support topic for other groups to see? Or would it be a problem because I am asking for donations?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #12  

Melissa, what a beautiful thing to do in memory of your Dad.
I'm not sure about the link thingy... let me ask Suzanne, and I'll get back to you...
Old 07-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I don't think it would be a problem, I mean your not selling anything, but then what do I know LOL.

I think its a wonderful thing to do Melissa. I know that they can see us so I'm sure your dad is very proud of you!!!!

HUGS !!!

Nothing much is going on today. I got a new job offer but this is in the opposite direction that I drive now. Same company just different site. I'm very torn. The offer is from my previous boss who got promoted 2 years ago. She is taking a differnt position and wants me to join her. WOWEEEE I'm flattered but I just don't know what to do. It would mean alot of runnning for DH with day care and I would miss taking dd to my mom's every day, thats like our time even if its 1/2 hr. But it would only be for a year because then next year she is in school.

So thats it in my world.

Next ..........
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #14  

Sounds like a lot to think about Leenie. Did they give you time to figure it out or do they need to know right away?

Nothing new here. I will be scarce next couple weeks. My sister will be in town from New Hampshire with her two daughters. We have lots and lots of fun planned. I have to be good about eating, but I expect it to be mostly fine.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 PM   #15  

Leenie, I'll be praying that you make the right choice about the job. It's a big decision, isn't it.

Melissa, we'll miss you! Have a wonderful time with your sister and your nieces!

We picked up some linoleum for the attic bathroom floor today. I'm going to get it done this weekend if it kills me.
We also picked up the stainless steel backsplash for our kitchen from IKEA. Spent an hour and a half there because they thought they'd given us the wrong one, then they said it was right. Now that we're home, we can see that it IS the wrong one! CURSES!!!

We went to the library today, and I picked up a book on walking. Not that I don't already have a complete set of 16 of them. Anyhow, I thought it might inspire me. It says I only have to walk 20 minutes a day.
Leenie, maybe we could surprise Melissa by losing weight while she's busy chowing down with her sister.
Closed Thread