South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:54 AM   #1  

Smile new beach bum here

well , what to say. new to the beach thanks to a friend who started about a week prior to me. i saw she was getting some good results in the first week, so i said " what the heck". actually bought the book about a year ago and never got past reading it. tried "somersizing" earlier this year and got too confused mixing proteins with veggies and veggies with carbs and this and that.
trying to lose the last 10- 15 lbs that didn't magically disappear with my 2nd child and have seen about 3- 3.5 lbs in 4 days give or take some normal fluctuating. i have to say i have even surprised myself by sticking to this since i possess absolutely NO willpower whatsoever. having a neighbor across the street doing it helps and we must have already discussed the whole fudgesicle dilema about a million times trying to make sure we are eating the right ones! lord knows those are my salvation at the end of the day.
looking forward to being here and sharing in our success of our decisions to lose the weight.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach! While you're at it, could you take off the 60 pounds I haven't lost yet from my nine-year old?
How old are your children?
Old 07-22-2005, 02:24 AM   #3  

Hi! I am also new to South Beach! I am on day 4 of Phase 1. Just thought I'd say hi, I'm looking forward to seeing results with SB. I have tried WW and Atkins before. Atkins made me sick, and WW was great for a few monthes and then I started to backslide. Can't wait to read all the tips and stuff on here!
Old 07-22-2005, 05:50 AM   #4  

Welcome Kira and Beach or bust! Check out the Emergency Handbook for Phase 1 and some of the receipes!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #5  

Kira, welcome to you, too!!
Like Schatzi said, there's lots of great info here. The FAQ is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115
Old 07-22-2005, 07:49 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, KiraR and Beach or Bust! Lots of good info and support on this site. Please join us on the Daily Chatter Thread.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #7  
Kyemom

Welcome ladies...pull up a towel & enjoy the beach!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #8  

Welcome to the Beach gals! Put some sunscreen on!
Old 07-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome guys!! Ellis, my children are 4 ( son ) and 20 mo (girl). It is amazing to me how quickly the first time the weight melted off it seemed and with our daughter, not so much! Maybe a little lazier this time, and a wee bit older! lol

Day 5 morning weigh on for me resulted in a change, but I don't really "see" a difference anywhere?!? Any suggestions on this? 126 trying to get to 110. Will I just not notice a big difference yet??
Old 07-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #10  

Beach or bust, I hate to tell you this, but because you're already so TINY , you're not going to see a huge difference right away. It's us big fatties that drop quickly (shut up, Ruth. Okay, so I haven't been OP for more than 2 days in a row this year) and see fast results.
But five pounds is GREAT! Are you doing any exercising? For someone as TINY (sorry, heh heh heh) as you, exercising will make the biggest difference in your appearance.
You're going to be a slim-and-trim mom for your kids... good for you!

I know it's all relative, but aaaaah... 126. Back in my college days...
Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #11  
Kyemom

I don't even remember 126....would love to meet it though!!!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #12  

Ellis,

I have been doing some exercises here at home. I have a bun and thigh isolator, been trying to walk with friends, but having a hard time getting that together again. Been starting back a little on my Pilates workouts as well. I am trying to get the muscle back and toned, so I don't look ill having lost weight.
110 is just a number in my mind, I may stop at 115, 112 who knows. If I feel satisfied with what I see, then I am letting that guide me as well.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #13  
Kyemom

That is a very positive way to think!! I try to do the same thing!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyemom
That is a very positive way to think!! I try to do the same thing!
Me, too. You're both smart not to be fixated on a number. As much as I'd love to get back down to 128 (my healthiest and most fit), I know it may not be realistic. 16 years have passed, I'm 40, and I've had two children. If I get to 135, I will be THRILLED. On the other hand, I may feel okay at 140...

Good for you for exercising, Beach or Bust!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #15  

Welcome to both of you! You may want to check with your doctor to see what the healthy range is for your height and build. I'm 5' 3" with a medium build and my doctor said 125-135. I haven't been that low since college which was umm.... well, a long time ago.
Closed Thread