General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #1  
Haley

Default Thanks a lot (Hurricane) Emily

Yoouuu darn category four hurricane you for RUINING my trip to Playa Del Carmen to see my family. WHY OH WHY must you hit the Yucatan Peninsula WHILE I'm planning on being there? Couldn't you just wait a few weeks???? And my family will still be there so could you please STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Looks like I won't be flying into Cancun tonight, will have to re-schedule my trip, but this is my family's last weekend there, but it's too dangerous to fly in. I don't want to be in a hurricane. Im so disappointed Now I don't know when I can go, I'm going to yell at Continental until they refund my ticket.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #2  
Haley

Thank you, Bonnie. Weather just sucks sometimes! You should definitely go back there when the weather is better, it sounds beautiful! Really is disappointing when trips mess up one way or the other. Continental just says I can change my flight, but it has to be changed before July 18th, that's not too bad.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Oh I'm sorry! I had a trip to the beach in North Carolina ruined one year by a hurricane also. It was our family reunion and we were only at the beach 1 day out of the 7 we had planned. It really is upsetting. I hope you're able to go. I know it's not quite the same without your family but the trip will still be amazing when you're able to take it.

I'm sorry Emily ruined your plans .
Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 AM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey....I LIVE on the EastCoast of Florida and lost just about everything to Hurricnaes Frances and Jeanne. I KNOW the damage they can do...so, I'll be thinking of your family and lighting a candle to keep them safe.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:25 AM   #5  
Haley

My family is safe, they're staying with friends way outside the path of the hurricane. I guess it is good I didn't go. Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 PM   #6  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Thank goodness your family is safe!!
Emily disrupted some of my vacation too. I was on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel for shopping but almost all of the shops were closed with boarded windows. I know that had to do whatever to keep themselves safe, but it was disappointing for sure.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:42 AM   #7  

PJ, once a smoker always a smoker. I quit several times, only to start again after having "just one". This time it's been about 14 years, and I know I can never have another cigarette. I thought I could get away with smoking a little of the funny stuff once about a year ago, and my lungs sent out a final warning after the first toke. Good luck quitting - it can be done!

Carla
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 AM   #8  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Thanks Carla - I REALLY felt good for those 9 days. I've had 3 cigs today and I'm going to finish the pack I have. It's like a sloooowwwww, tapering week for me and this time it's going to stick! Atleast I'm going to do my best to make sure I give it my all this time because I really do want and need to quit for good!!!! It is soooooo bad for my body. Thanks for the feedback and the support!
Closed Thread