Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #1  
Athlete in Training

Default Guess the points

We went out to Lone Star for dinner last night and my husband ordered the jalapeno poppers.

I think there were 5 to the serving. I had one and dipped it twice in the cheesy sauce they provided. Yum.

The jalapeno was stuffed with a white cheese with little bacon bits. It was breaded and deep-fried.

I'm thinking about 5 points for one, including my dipping in the sauce.

What do you think?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Terry, maybe Fast Food.com will help. There are a couple of poppers listed. I didn't calculate the points since I'm supposed to be on the treadmill!

http://www.fastfood.com/Nutrition/side_orders.html
Old 07-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

On calorie king, one of the frozen ones was only 59 calories and 4.2 grams of fat. Your 5 pt. estimate might be high, but I'd err on the side of high anyway. I noticed the Lone Star site doesn't have nutritional info listed for them like they do for some of the other foods.

Anyway, at Sonic they have these too, and they're quite big IMO. An order of 4 there is 256 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 5 grams of fiber, or 5 points for the whole order! They're fried too. I'm not sure how much two dips into the sauce would add, but I can't imagine it being toooo much!
Closed Thread