Support Groups - Week at a Time #3

View Full Version : Week at a Time #3

mscat816
07-11-2005, 12:13 PM
The object of this thread is to take on a challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on the challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

yvette120
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi I'm new here my challenge for the week is to exercise at lest three days this week

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-day/cartoonblob01/lb/210.5/130/210.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

deleted
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Mscat, here I am!!! My goal through next Monday is to exercise every day, in some fashion, and drop a couple of my re-gained vacation pounds (I was down to 189 a few weeks ago! :D ). I am now 194, so reaching for 192 by next Monday. I have already walked two miles today, and will be working out in the pool later!

Good luck to everyone doing this weekly challenge. :cheer: for us all!

Thank you for this Challenge, Mscat! :grouphug:

haleys
07-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I didn't lose any weight last week, so this week that needs to change. I'm going to Mexico Friday through Tuesday and will not be able to go to the gym, perhaps I could have a run on the beach?? That'd be fun.

Anyways, my goal for this week is to exercise Monday through Thursday and to keep up on my healthy eating. I want to see a few pounds lost when I get back Tuesday night.

Sushi Penguin
07-11-2005, 01:44 PM
My goal is to drink my water - at least 1.5 litres/day.

Edit: I'll add another one... not sure if it counts, as it's just a one-day thing, but it's not to skip the "stress management workshop" I signed up for. And to follow some of the tips I should hopefully get there during the rest of the week (Thur-Sun).

carla49
07-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Haley, if you're staying at an all-inclusive resort, there will probably be a gym. There is also wonderful snorkeling around P de C and further south at Akumal and Xel-Ha.

My biggest challenge at these all-inc. places is the vast quantity of food and drink - I tend to consume a great deal "to get my money's worth". But there are always good, healthy options available if you want them.

If you're not at an all-inc., fruit for brekky, ceviche for lunch, pan-fried fish for dinner... The local food is very, very good.

I've visited the area many times, and it really is pretty safe. Playa is a port town and still has a lot of superannuated hippies hanging around, so be careful at night, but you should have no trouble in the daytime.

You may actually have no desire to eat much - it's very,. very hot there this time of year.

Enjoy, and don't forget your sunscreen!!!

Carla

mscat816
07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Welcome to our newest members Sushi Penquin and yvette120! Great goals - we are here for you :grouphug:
So many of us had successes last week! A :cp: for each day goals were met (and posted)!
Bonniebelle :cp:
squiggly :cp::cp::cp: 1 lb and 3 inches down! :woo:
haleys :cp::cp::cp::cp:
princess :cp::cp::cp::cp: :cp: 3 lbs. down :woo: Happy Anniversary!
carla :cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp: Good luck on your new goals and your trip!
and me :cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp: 1lb down :woo:
Let me know if I missed anyone. I am looking forward to having all of you tote the 7-day scoreboard next Monday!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

Sushi Penguin
07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Wow, thank you so much for the welcome, I totally didn't expect it! :) :) :)

Anyway, I'm doing good so far, just one 500 mL bottle left to reach my goal. Tomorrow will be tricky, I'll be running errands all day, and no idea whether (usable) toilets will be available... but I'll do my best!

carla49
07-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Monday's report: stayed on target, and even went for a 30+ walk in the steamy heat tonight. For various reasons my trip will start tomorrow instead of today, which suited me just fine. A bonus day at home before the grind of airports and flying. My fingers are crossed that I'll wake up early and go for a bike ride in the AM before leaving...

Carla

deleted
07-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Good day yesterday!!! I did the two-mile walk, then worked out in the pool last night, about 45 minutes of it "vigorous." AND I DROPPED MY SECOND POUND SINCE COMING BACK FROM VACATION A WEEK AGO, as of this morning ... :dance: I will do another pool workout tonight! So great to see that scale dropping again .............. :dizzy:

Have a safe trip, Carly! And Haleys, I envy you going to Mexico for a visit; I've never been, but would like to go sometime. :)

Good day to everyone!

Bev in WI
07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Really like the idea of starting each week new ... keeps me focused knowing I only have to think about 7 days! My goals are to stay within my WW points every day (22) and walk at least 30 minutes every day. Yesterday (Monday) I ate 21 points and walked 40 minutes in the a.m. and 20 minutes in the evening after it cooled down. So it was a very good day!

You are all doing very well and I'd really appreciate being a member of your group. Bev

haleys
07-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Congratulations to everyone on a week well done and completed and good luck on this upcoming week. Stay focused on your goals and you will be able to accomplish them! :strong:

Carla,

That is a great idea, I think I'm going to check when I arrive if they have a gym at the hotel. I know we will be doing A LOT of walking because my family is all in very good shape and wants to see a lot of the area, they've been there before so they have a good idea of where to go. I know we'll be probably walking up and down lots of pyramids, and planning on going snorkeling a few times so maybe I won't even need gym time.

I'm a vegetarian so the fish won't work, but I'm planning on eating an enormous amount of delicious fruit.

Oh yeah, the sunscreen is a MUST for me because I am very light-skinned and burn very easily, I'm bringing my 50 spf along for all the fun.

Thank you for all the great tips!!

mscat816
07-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Welcome to newest member Bev in WI :wave: - I am doing WW too! We are on-line WW buddies! Monday challenges were met by:
Sushi Penquin :cp: (We know you met your goal last night!)
carla :cp: Great tips for haleys (and the rest of us) thanks for your generous sharing! Have a great trip - Stay in touch when you can
Bonniebelle :cp:and 1 lb down already :cb:
Bev :cp: New member - jumping right in!
mscat :cp:

Only 6 more days to go - we are magnificent!

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

princess.
07-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Monday: Curves + tapes and I drank a gallon of water :yes: (this has been a secret goal of mine for a few years ever since an amateur body builder shared with me that he fills a gallon jug with water at the start of his day and he knows that he is finished drinking water for that day when the jug is empty.)

Today: elliptical (12 minutes :encore: ) + listened to tapes + journaled.

my food was not what i wanted it to be today. stay tuned for how it is tomorrow.

moderation + gentleness to all and to all a good night!

princess.
07-12-2005, 09:59 PM
I am interested in knowing where everyone is from, if you are willing to share that information. Where I am, we had no Spring. We went directly into Summer and it is difficult to breathe once a door to the outside has been opened. As I read posts, I am wondering if people are walking inside or outside, and if outside where they live. I trust that I won't be hearing about any of you having heat stroke......

carla49
07-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Well, as far as my goals are concerned, it has been Terrible Tuesday. No awards for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my inspiration will come back tomorrow. Maybe some motivation too. It will be hard as i'm working with colleagues who are also friends, and they always want to eat together, and I find it extra hard to be "good" when I'm out with others. They've all heard me moan about my weight for so long I'd rather not talk about diet number 9,528 around them.

I have my laptop with me, and brought along WATP DVD's i can do in my room if tomorrow's rain and thunder materialises. If not, I'll try to get out for a walk or two. (if for no other reason, I have to leave the hotel to go find lobster rolls. Yum. I'll try to be reasonable...)

Congrats all on your success so far!

Carla

Bev in WI
07-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Mscat - thanks for the welcome

Had a good Tuesday -- 22 points and walked for 50 minutes. I have several routes and depending on time restraints (and my motivation!), I pick easy & flat or hilly. Did the hills yesterday and could really feel it in my calves and butt muscles!

Princess -- I live in Southwestern WI and walk very early in the morning or at night after the sun goes down. You are definitely right in that it would be asking for a heat stroke to walk mid-day here. Has been HOT & HUMID -- I can work up a good sweat just walking at 6 am

Hope everyone else had a good Tuesday and now on to another day ... Bev

deleted
07-13-2005, 11:06 AM
:coffee2: Good morning ladies,

I DID do a pool workout last night! So that is two good days under my belt. I have already "started on today" as I just walked two miles in the heat and humidity (too warm at 8:00 a.m., really, as it was about 80 degrees already; should have walked two hours earlier, when it was low 70's, which I will do from now on!) I will also do another pool workout this evening! :)

Hope all you ladies will have a great day! :dance: I am going to try to make a dent in my sorry-looking house ... :D

deleted
07-13-2005, 11:10 AM
P.S. Princess, I am in Raleigh, NC which is in the same sub-tropical weather belt as Charleston and Savannah. Believe me, we frequently find ourselves in a sauna here in the summer, so I walk early a.m. You don't take long walks at noon here!:o

So, Bev, you are in Wisconsin where they have those FRESH cheese curds that you make Poutine with??? (Heard about this from my Canadian friends ... ) So would you like to Fedex me some so that I don't have to make mine with shredded Monterey Jack & Cheddar? :lol: I've tried it twice ... and I thought we Southerners made sinful food!!! :D

squiggly
07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
I just found the new thread. I"ve been busy all week. Monday I got my exercise in but that is the only success that I have had all week. I"m not doing good this week. I would love to say that I had a bad day but it's been a bad week. I'm on vacation. I am going to get back on track though.

mscat816
07-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Well ladies - I was really worried Tuesday - I had schlero on Monday (vein therapy - :eek: ) and was told not to exercise for 24 hours. It was around 3:00 p.m. Monday - so I waited until 7 p.m. last night and limited myself to 20 minutes on the treadmill. I was tired but not feeling any ill effects in already sore legs. So day 2 is done!

On Monday I missed -
princess :cp: I am in Southfield, MI which is just north of Detroit. We have had hot weather the last two weeks - so I walk inside on my treadmill.
squiggly :cp: Enjoy your vacation and go for a 15 minute walk when you can't get on the elliptical - remember movement is movement

Tuesday accolades go to -
princess :cp:
Bev :cp:
and me:cp:
carla - hang in there - I often blow it when I have lunch out - continue to focus on the other things you can do when that happens - your water, exercise - put in an extra 15 minute walk to compensate! You are doing great.

Have a great day!

mscat-

Bev in WI
07-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Walked for 45 minutes and ate 19 points. Was so hot here yesterday that I tried walking in the evening but didn't get very far and decided I'd better head back home or I'd be experiencing that heat stroke we were talking about! The only good thing about it being that hot is that I drink a ton of water and lose my appetite! Went to our local Farmers Market on Sat am and am eating fresh tomatoes (local greenhouse grown), cucumbers, zuccini, beets, green beans and kohlrabi. Can you tell I love my veggies??

Bonniebelle - Yep! WI cheeser here and I do love my cheese. Fresh curds are so good but eating a half a bag isn't WW friendly so haven't had them for a while. I'm not familiar with poutine? Wonder if it's called something else around here?

Hope everyone has a good day ... Bev

deleted
07-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Okay, three good days under my belt. I did walk yesterday morning ... did not make the outdoor pool workout because of terrible thunderstorms! But at least, I got half my planned exercise in! :) Today, I will do a pool workout if the weather cooperates!

Bev, Poutine is the french fries smothered with cheese curds and hot gravy. Just the thought of it makes me salivate, and I've never even had the REAL thing, just my own version. Have you had that, by another name? Maybe they don't make it in your neck of the woods ... I would love a big serving for my brekky right now! :lol:

Well, hope all our traveling friends are doing well, with trying to be on the road and meet their goals at the same time! (Now I'm interested in going to Carmen del Playa .... have been to Hawaii four times, but never Mexico.) Everybody, have a great day! :cheer: for us all!

carla49
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Bev and Bonnie, poutine is to die for - literally and figuratively. If you don't have cheese curds, you can make it with shredded mozzarella, but it's not quite the same. And the gravy has to be that canned stuff, not homemeade.

But please, please, please, don't eat poutine!!! Between the cheese and the gravy, it is a sodium bomb, not to mention the cholesterol you might as well inject directly into your veins. And the calories... Keep it for a treat once you're at goal, or maybe save it until you visit Quebec where it was created. (They make a lot of cheese in Quebec.)

Carla

mscat816
07-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Morning ladies - we have made it past the hump day. Wednesday winners are

Bev :cp:
me :cp: It was tough - didn't get on the treadmill until 11:30 p.m.!
Carla good tip about the poutine - I had no idea! Hang in there.

deleted
07-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Carla, my doctor tells me that I know more about nutrition than he does so, yes, I am well aware of the nutritional content of Poutine. :D You're talking about some salty fries, some probably full-fat cheese and some not-so-fatty gravy, when I make it. And all that is just fine with me, occasionally. I will never do without the things I love until I reach "goal" .... although more power to those of you who prefer to do it that way. I eat salt and fat in moderation, even when I'm dieting, and sometimes, I say to heck with it and eat a LOT of it!!! :devil: :D :devil: But NOT very often ... I am not a salt-sensitve person, thank goodness, as I love the stuff. But thank you for the advice ... to each his own! :)

carla49
07-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Bonnie, sorry if I sounded like I was giving orders. I was really aiming at those who've never had it, might decide to give it a try, and first thing you know they're as addicted as I once was. (slight exaggeration.) It just bothers me when I see little kids who are vastly obese chowing down on big servings of poutine their unthinking parents just bought them. The version you make may well be okay, but what we get at chip wagons here is not. In my personal world it lives in the same category as Cinnabon pecan rolls, raisin pie, raw cookie dough... delicious but scary.

Carla

deleted
07-14-2005, 11:48 PM
I understand your point, Carla. The parents I know seem to be totally unconcerned with what their kids eat, OR they are already harping at seven-year olds about not getting fat, which I think is equally unhealthy!:o There are so many sinful foods that we have access to everyday, and I really don't know how fat we're all going to get, as a country, if we don't control ourselves!:(

I'm not a person who worries terribly about cholesterol or sodium ... I don't think either are as bad as the majority of the public has been led to believe (unless you're sodium-sensitive.) We have to remember that the drug companies are making enormous profit off cholesterol-lowering drugs, when 50 percent of heart attacks are in people who have NO cholesterol problem at all, 10 percent are caused by arterial spasms, and we aren't really sure what causes the other 40 percent. I don't consider myself an expert at all, but I am 61 years old, and have seen a lot of medical theories shot to H*** in my lifetime! :dizzy: So I say, everything in moderation, with a nice glass of wine .... and keep an open mind!:) Have a good evening, and thank you for your replies!

Sushi Penguin
07-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Mid-week progress report:

Monday - 8 bottles (500 ml each) of water, and then some more :cheer:
Tuesday - nope...
Wednesday - I was using the mug and lost count... :dizzy:
Thursday - stress management workshop attended and very useful :cheer:, water still in progress...

Bev in WI
07-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Thursday Report --
Walked 35 minutes -- should have been more but it was so hot. Ate 10 points and again -- should have been more but it was so hot! You guys get the idea here? It was just too hot to do anything -- even eat. And I also had a lot of things to do so was in and out most of the day. I had Sunny Delight & a Granola Bar for breakfast, a sandwich and some leftover fresh beets for lunch, watermelon for dinner and cherries for bedtime snack. So I ate, but just nothing with very many points. Have to work 5 hours today so am off for my walk before I get ready for work.

Hope everyone met their goals for Thursday -- and have a great Friday. Bev

deleted
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Unfortunately, I could not meet my goal yesterday because of a string of thunderstorms coming through the area in the afternoon/evening, so we never were able to do our water class at the Y. :( Hope everyone else had better luck with theirs ....

Bev, so is the Poutine (fries, gravy, cheese curds), recognizable as something you have in your area but call by another name? I think in some U.S. places close to the Canadian border, they just call them "gravy cheese fries" or some such. :) Sounds like you are having VERY hot weather there.... if you're too hot too eat!:o :D (I don't think I am ever that hot! :lol: Even in steamy Raleigh!)

Carla, here's a link to an article from the New York Times this week that is really interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/12/health/12case.html? About a guy who's cholesterol is approaching 400, but his arteries are clean as a whistle. The new technology sounds amazing ... a shame we can't all have that test!!! Hope you are having a good trip, by the way ... I don't know how you manage to stay on track at all when you travel!!! It's always a real battle for me! :dizzy:

Everyone, have a great day! (My diet was OFF yesterday!:mad: ) Gotta do better today .... :cheer:

deleted
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
P.S.: Carla, I meant to say that I certainly didn't think you were "giving orders", I know you're just trying to save us from ourselves, and, Lord knows, sometimes we need it! :-)

mscat816
07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
It's Friday and my goodness - where is everybody?

Sushi Penquin - Glad you met your goal on Monday :cp: Happy to hear from you - hope Thursday was a success. Let us know!
Bev - great Thursday for you too! :cp: Keep it up!
I made my goal early Thursday a.m. :cp:
Bonniebelle - I know you will do better today! :cheer:
Squiggly, carla, yvette120, haleys, and princess - we are missing you! Hope you will check in and let us know how we can support you, too.
Have a great Friday:wave:
mscat-

carla49
07-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry, mscat, I just got tired of my daily "today I didn't meet my goals", so I just lurked. I haven't left the group, but haven't had my best week (goal-wise). On the plus side, I have done much better than I would have before 3fc, and I've only had one or two glasses of my usual downfall, wine. I don't know when I can weigh in, since I refuse to step on a scale except first thing in the morning, naked, post pee. And the closest scale is in the gym downstairs.

Bonnie, I also believe in not cutting out the good things in life, just being more reasonable. I haven't cut salt and have no cholesterol problems either, but do try to limit fats and sugars. Everything in moderation, as they say, although moderation is not my best event...

I'm feeling quite good and enjoying my slightly smaller self, so no complaints.

Have a good weekend, ladies, and that's an order. :lol:

deleted
07-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Okay, I have met my goals for today! :) I walked two miles this morning, and worked out quite energetically in the pool for 45 minutes this afternoon. I was going back for a second session when somebody's kid pooped in the Y pool, then it had to be closed and shocked for nine hours!!!:mad: I get so annoyed with these Moms who take their "borderline toilet-trained" kids into the big pool, usually because they've got older kids who are bugging them to go in the big one. It's just not fair to other people who've planned a nice afternoon at the pool, then boom, we're thrown out because some untrained kid has pooped in his bathing suit!!! I don't blame the child ... I blame the mother!

Oh, well, four good days so far!!! Hope everyone is having a good one! :dance:

mscat816
07-15-2005, 11:38 PM
After my walks from and to the dealership this morning I estimated only 10 minutes of activity. So when I got home and settled at 9:30 p.m. I jumped on the treadmill and did 25 minutes at a 4 grade incline! That is a change in my exercise routine for sure! :cp:

Go Bonniebell:cp: - you are so amazing - hope your pool is okay for Saturday!
carla - I laughed so hard about your weigh-in ritual :rofl: That is exactly how I weigh in! We love hearing from you whether you meet your goals or not. Stop in just to say hello. You don't have to admit your failures to us to post. You're slightly smaller self is greatly smaller to me. What I wouldn't give to be 206!

I have to leave at 7 a.m. for a workshop so I won't be exercising or posting until the afternoon.

mscat-

Sushi Penguin
07-16-2005, 02:23 AM
OMIGOSH!!!

I was just about to post about how I'm struggling with my goal and how hard it's to drink all this water up. And suddenly it ocurred to me that the only day when I actually didn't make it was Tuesday (when I was running lots of errands). I just can't believe how stupid my thinking was! :lol:

The thing is, I usually use a 500 mL bottle to keep track of my water intake and if I drink anything from a glass, it counts as extra. The reason is that the bottle is more convenient to carry around and obviously holds twice as much water, and thus I need fewer bottles to reach the target (I get lost with the number of glasses!). Now, guess what...
My goal for this week has been to drink at least 1.5 litres of water each day, which would be 3 of my bottles. But for some strange reason I got into my head that I actually need to drink 6 bottles to get the 1.5 litres (that would be 6 glasses, not bottles, didn't I say I was confused :lol:).

So here I was, berating myself for not reaching my goal and not drinking up the 1.5 litres of water... :dizzy: While in fact I've been drinking more (I don't think I did less than 3 bottles/day and I did drink a lot more "random glasses" the past few days)! Whew, what a change in perspective! :lol: :cheer:

Whee, so happy to say I've been doing good! :D :D :D

Also, my other goal was to attend the stress management workshop and then try to apply some of the techniques I learnt there during the rest of the week. The workshop was good, I learnt a few new things, but it was a reminder foremost - about all those things I normally do, but haven't been doing recently.
At the end we had a worksheet with questions - about what we can do to deal with stress, prevent it, etc. And the last question was sort of a promise to ourselves: what is the one thing you will do from now on? I decided that I want to do a breathing/relaxation exercise each day, preferably in the morning and that I would ask my boyfriend to give me a back massage every week (he loves doing it, I love getting it, but it's been ages since we did it).

I didn't do the exercise today (I was so tired I would have fallen asleep - and did), but I did get an awesome massage from my Man... :)

Hurray! :)

Bev in WI
07-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Friday report --
Met my goals yesterday -- walked 65 minutes and ate 15 points. Six days down and only one to go!

Carla -- my "weigh in" routine is the same as yours. First thing in the morning ... on the scale! Well, actually it's the second thing.

Have never had gravy on french fries, Bonnie. Although, I think I've eaten it on about everything else. Around here they put cheese on baked potatoes and hash browns though.

I really admire you for doing so well on your treadmill Cat -- just have never been able to keep up with an exercise routine indoors.

Good job on the water Penguin.

Everyone have a good Saturday -- I'm off for my walk. Bev

mscat816
07-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Hey ladies - spent the whole day at the workshop and when I got home I fell into a deep sleep. Didn't wake up until 7:30 in the evening. It was hard, but I got on the treadmill and completed 27 minutes, 4 grade incline :cp:
Go Bev :cheer: - You are going to be a member of the 7 day club :cp: Thanks for the compliment - I prefer to walk outdoors - the treadmill is quick and convenient for me. I have been too lazy to get out my cd player and dress for outdoors :sorry: I can run in my underwear in the a.m. and I also use my tread time to get in some reading I would not get to otherwise. I hope to make the time in the near future to get back outside. I used to run 2 - 3 miles a day in Lincoln Park, Chicago! I want to participate in walks/and runs for charity. Your example gives me hope.

Sushi - :cheers: to you too. Your consistency is great :cp: and how wonderful to discover you were surpassing your goal. That is called acheiving a "stretch goal" even though it was unintentional. Stretch goal is shooting for more than the minimum you need. It's like Mary Kay Ash used to say - reach for the moon - if you miss, you will land among the stars!

Hope to hear from everyone by tomorrow evening so I can switch the thread do awards early Monday a.m. - have a great evening everyone.
mscat-

squiggly
07-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry that I have been absent. It's been a hard week. I haven't accomplished any goals and actually gained four pounds back. My weight gain is partially due to my period deciding to visit. I am starting the volumetrics diet. My goals are going to stay the same this week. I need to get them right before I can switch them. They are as always: 60 oz water and 20 minutes of exercise; I am off of vacation on Monday and I am going to accomplish my goals. I have one more goal that I'm adding to this week. I'm adding no pop to my goal. I will have absolutely none.

deleted
07-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Mscat, I did meet my goal yesterday. Worked out in the indoor pool, as there was a pooping incident in the outdoor pool AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Lots of furious Y members who'd planned their afternoon getting in some sun and swimming! Once the accident happens, the pool must be closed and shocked for nine hours so your pool day is lost! :(

I have already met my goal for today, as I jumped up shortly after seven this morning and took a two-mile walk in the morning steam here in Raleigh! :D Will also work out at the outdoor pool IF no one poops in it today :( ... We're going up as soon as it opens, hoping for good luck and clean water. Every child under four should have to wear the waterproof pants that you can buy there ... no exceptions, or be kept in the baby pool. It is JUST NOT FAIR to the rest of the Y membership, as is!

Squiggly, good luck with your goals this week. I'm sure it will be better than last; we all have those times when the stars seems to misalign, regarding our diets! Then we start all over ... :grouphug:

Everybody, have a great Sunday! :flow2:

Bev in WI
07-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Saturday -- walked 50 minutes and ate 20 points

Sunday -- Already met my Sunday walking goal -- started out at 6:40 and did 50 minutes again today.

So I met my walking goal!!! And points don't seem to be an issue.

I see you were at it bright and early this morning also Bonnie - I really like to get my walk in right away in the morning.

Mscat -- My goals for the coming week:
1) Continue walking at least 30 min/day
2) Actually track my water. I just keep filling up my glass and am pretty sure I'm doing ok, but will track it as I probably have days I slack off
3) Eat something before 8:30 each morning as I want to "jump start" the day!

Squiggly -- you can meet your goals. I'm here pulling for you!!!

Cat - I love this thread. Really keeps me focused.

mscat816
07-17-2005, 12:17 PM
You all are kicking butt and taking names! Wow - I love the way so many of you are taking the DIN DIN DIN (Do it Now) and DIA (Do it Anyway) approach to your goals. We all can see how beneficial is to get it done and over with so you can get on with the rest of the day. Thanks so much for your immediate posts - it helps us all put our goals up front and stop procrastinating. We are truly siezing the "now" moments in our lives. What a fantastic collection of women you are - you make me proud to author this thread! :grouphug:
Bev :cp: - You did it! I love your goal for the week - especially eating before 8:30 a.m. - Those of us who skip breakfast need to take that one on. Thanks for being a part of our group.

Bonnie :cp: Absolutely fantastic! We applaud your stand to get your exercise in despite the challenges of outside forces. Your presence is good for us all.

squiggly - I hear you and empathize about the period - :listen: I had a pounds set back this week too. Hang in there - we are here for you. And at this point of our thread I am awarding kudos if you make even one of your goals on a day.

Everyone - This thread is not a race or a competion - it is to inspire everyone to stay in action - one day at a time stretching for seven. Whether you accomplish something 1 day or 7 days out of the week, you should be commended because doing something for yourself for any 1 day is better than doing nothing at all. So any time you accomplish something or even make a good effort let us know. It takes 21 days to form a habit - so everyday you make the goal is one more day to it becoming second nature.

However, this thread is not for posting only successes but as a way to call for support to help you reach goals one day at a time. If you are struggling, let us know - we are here to support you, give you encouragement, share tips (because we have all been there or are there now!) and whatever you need to get over the hump. This group is amazingly supportive and we can learn so much from sharing how we face and overcome challenges with each other. I love when some of you post that you didn't meet your goal but share some other success you accomplished - resisting temptation - getting a compliment - getting back into a new size.

So starting today (not Monday because I believe in "right now") let's post everyday even if it is a one liner be it a success or a challenge you are facing. We will respond with cheers or something wonderful to get you through the day.

Get in those pounds/inches down as soon as possible so I can change the thread in the a.m. I love each one of you.

mscat-

carla49
07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
:wave: Howdy ladies!

Yesterday was one of those days: flying from one side of the country to the other, with all the fun that involves. But I learned several things: Air Canada no longer serves meals on flights of 4 hours; 12 hours in transit hotel to hotel for a total air time of 5 hours is ridiculous; all cab drivers should be required to wear deodorant, stay off the cellphone and put both hands on the wheel; the folks in lost luggage are universally unpleasant and SLOW... By the time I reached my new bed, I felt like someone had been pooping in the swimming pool of my life too!

The good news is the weather here is fantabulous: high sixties, slight breeze, low humidity. So pretty soon I'll get washed and dressed and go out for a nice stroll and lunch. (I don't have to work until the evening.)

I'll set new goals tomorrow, something reasonable for hotel life. I won't be weighing in until I get home on Sat (Yay!!!), but I think i can continue to maintain, even if there's no loss. Mindful eating, that's the ticket.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for setting such a good example! A good goal: to emulate Bev, Bonnie, Squiggy, and Cat, all frequent posters and achievers.

Carla in Cowtown

squiggly
07-17-2005, 08:38 PM
:bravo: I did it. I met all of my goals! :cb: I only ate 1626 calories to boot. I will remind you that not a single one of those calories was from pop. I ate my fruits and veggies. I did my 20 minutes on the elliptical. I drank my water. I'm so excited. I'm actually doing this. The volumetrics is working for me. I ate a huge plate of food which was measured out but still my calories were in check. I am feeling so jazzed. Thank you all for your support. I can't wait until weigh in this week.

Sushi Penguin
07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Almost done with my water. :)

A few days ago I was looking for this website which calculates the recommended water intake based on one's weight. I couldn't find it, but I found an article about drinking water and what good things it does. The author said that the running to the toilet should stop after about a month - the body will just use the water. Can't wait for that. Having to run to the washroom all the time is really bothersome - and sometimes it's really unpleasant for me, I hate going in public places and being seen heading in that direction, so to be seen going all the time... :)

I already have a few things in mind for next week, but can't decide which of them pick as the challenge...
Even though we're to only focus on one thing each week, would it be okay if I continue to challenge myself to drink my water (continuity!) besides the challenge?

squiggly
07-17-2005, 10:07 PM
I challenge myself to at least two things per day. I'm doing three this week. I think the important thing is to make challenges that will challenge you but not overwhelm you. If you can do more than one, then by all means.

mscat816
07-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Night ladies -

Sushi - one of the water calculators I use is http://www.hydroxycut.com/MEN/CALCULATORS/WATER/index.shtml I have had the same problems and heard the same advise. I also can't wait for the day that the frequent stops stop! By all means pick as many challenges as you believe you can manage. Stretch yourself but as squiggly says, pick things that won't overwhelm you.

squiggly :cp: YOU ARE AWESOME! Glad the volumetrics is working so great. And you are hitting all of your goals. Thanks for your great advise on choosing challenges. I am following your lead and adding water to my exercise challenge. You have given me the courage to take on more than one challenge this week! :thanks:
carla :bravo: for you for posting in the midst of travel ****! I enjoyed your post so much. It was the bright spot in my day. I know you will do great with your "vacation goals." Enjoy.

squiggly
07-17-2005, 11:51 PM
What a compliment. Thank you so much.

Sushi Penguin
07-18-2005, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=mscat816]Night ladies -

Sushi - one of the water calculators I use is http://www.hydroxycut.com/MEN/CALCULATORS/WATER/index.shtml I have had the same problems and heard the same advise. I also can't wait for the day that the frequent stops stop! By all means pick as many challenges as you believe you can manage. Stretch yourself but as squiggly says, pick things that won't overwhelm you.

Thank you very much for the website! I like that it varies the result depending on the amount of exercise (although sometimes it might be a bit difficult to know how much exercise I'll get, so I'd have to do catching up in the evening, eek!).
How long have you been drinking lots of water? It's great to hear from others for whom the frequent trips are also an annoyance!

I'm not sure when next week's tread will be up, so I just wanted to post my challenge for tomorrow: to get up and go to the 7 am Step class. It's going to be a challenge because of how my sleep schedule has been like recently, and because I have a very long day ahead.
Bear with me, I hope I can do it... last night I went to sleep at 3:30 am (tired earlier, no luck) and didn't get up until 2 pm today... so I'm everything but sleepy (it's 11 pm)

deleted
07-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Good morning, ladies! I am so proud of all of you for doing so well! :grouphug: Mscat, thank you for this thread ... you are a dear, and are doing us a great favor by keeping it going! :balloons: to you! I did work out in the pool yesterday afternoon .... YAY! CLEAN WATER ALL AFTERNOON! :D

My goals this week: Exercise in some fashion every day, and keep the calories at 1400 or less. That calorie thing is almost impossible for me, but I MUST DO IT if I'm going to start making progress again!!! Today I'm at 194, but will not change the Tracker yet in hopes of dropping a bit more tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day, all! :dance:

mscat816
07-18-2005, 11:55 AM
DON'T POST HERE - GO TO WEEK AT A TIME #4