Old 07-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #1  
Downsizing Dee!

Smile Another Newbie!

Hi Everyone,
I just found this site today and I can't tell you how inspirational its been already reading through the posts and seeing so many success stories - some big, some small - but all wonderful successes.

I decided just about a month ago that it was time to do something about the condition I let me body get to. I'm not following any particular diet plan, just eating less (and better) and moving more. So far I've lost 11 pounds have have 89 more to go.

Gee that sounds better already, 89 instead of 100.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and maybe become a small inspiration myself for someone out there.

Great job everyone!!!

Dee

newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:04 PM   #2  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

hi Dee!
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first steps toward a new way of life! Lots of great support hear and you are right, lots of encouraging stories and info. I see you already joined the end of summer challenge too.
Good luck!

Kim
KIMMIFIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!! You've found a great bunch here. Good job, joining the EOS challenge
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome, Dee!

Well done on your loss so far.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Dee!

You'll be very happy here, I'm sure!

(hugs)
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome, Dee! Post often and let us get to know you. Celina (Br00klyn) will be happy to see another newfie on the boards and you can see by the "Where in the world are you" thread that there's a shortage of Canucks! Come be a big loser with us!!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome!! Good job on the 11 pound loss!

I was thinking maybe she was a dog lover!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #8  
Downsizing Dee!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful words of welcome! Feels like home already.

I belong to several other groups on the web and of course people there have things in common as well, but here - well everyone has a common goal to share as well - a healthier and slimmer body.

It's also nice to hear from people that you don't have a personal connection to. I hate it when people I work with or am friends with ask me everyday how much weight I've lost. I don't want to think everyday about a number - just that I'm getting healthier.

It seems like some people just watch, waiting for you to make a mistake. They criticize how you're losing, how you're exercizing and then say "I told you that you were doing it wrong" when you may not have a good day or week. I hate to hear from the girl in the cubicle next to me all you need to do is starve yourself to lose. "That's what I did and I lost 5 pounds" Well good for you, you're underweight by 10 pounds and I have to lose 100 not 5 and I want to do it my way!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, I guess I feel like everyone on this board knows what it's like and knows that this has to be an individual thing and encouragement is really what keeps people going - not judgement.

Thanks for listening!

Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #9  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Dee, you're right,

We DO know what you're feeling and going through.
We're all in the same boat and there's nothing better than a group of friends who REALLY understand what you're going through and are succeeding in this journey...There's just NOTHING more motivating in my opinion.
I've never felt this connected before...it's different than ALL the other times!

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #10  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Hi! Nice to meet you, sounds like you are off to a great start! Will be fun getting to know you better
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:27 AM   #11  
Laura

WELCOME! I love this place! They are stuck with me now - MuHAHAHAHA! It sounds like you have a terrific attitude - you are doing the same as me, just taking control of your own life and eating. The diet plans haven't worked long term for me in the past so I'm hoping this time, by doing it myself, that I'm on to something.

I'm so glad you found us - and it's so nice to be surrounded by people that DO get it - someone who has to lose 10 pounds just doesn't GET it, IMO.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. You are off to a great start. I think you have the right mindset by not wanting ot think about being a number all the time having to talk about it all the time. Yes there are those vultures out there waiting for you to fail or heaven forbid eat a candy bar once in a while.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote