Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - July 5th - 10th

Good Morning,

Just starting up the weekly chat... now for some coffee.

BBL

Old 07-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #2  

Good morning all!

Well, I screwed up on the 4th. I had a plan in place on Fitday and just didn't stick to it at all. I ate all of the yummy stuff I prepared for our party. The spinach dip (WW recipe and it was too good!), veggies and dip, brownies, cookies - I ended up at about 2500 calories. At about 8pm I was so stuffed and disgusted with myself I made coffee and stopped eating.

I had not planned this as a cheat day. My birthday is later in the month and I figured that would be a better cheat day. I think my plan wasn't really good enough. I set it at 1300 which is my usual for losing weight. I probably should have aimed for more like 1700 and allowed myself some treats/alcohol. I don't know.

It didn't really feel like a binge. I wasn't eating it all as fast as I could. But everytime I walked by the food table I ate something. I was stuffed and grossed out and was still grabbing food every time I walked by. It was like if I'm going to eat this crap I am going to eat it ALL!

So, I lowered my calories yesterday to 1000. Today I am back up to 1200/1300. I rode my bike into work (17 miles) to try and make up some of the damage. I may ride my bike all the way home too. I haven't decided yet.

I know if I am going to make this change for the rest of my life I need to allow myself some bad days. I think what bothers me most is I had a plan and I didn't stick to it. I am happy I jumped right back in. I do not want my weigh in Friday to put me back in the obese category. I just got out!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:31 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

What the hoodle doo does BBL stand for, Leenie?
Are you still drinking that coffee? Going to get mine...
Old 07-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #4  

Melissa, I missed your post!
I'm sorry about your mishap, but good for you for moving on and NOT giving up!! You can do this, girl!!
Old 07-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

You go Melissa !!!! Riding your bike 17 miles whooooah mama, that aught to undo the damage you did the day before. BRAVO ~~

Ellis BBL = be back later
Old 07-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #6  

Good morning! I ended up riding home too, so 36 miles on the bike yesterday. That last 4 miles was tough!

I have a bit of a summer cold/allergy thing going on. I had a fever last night. It was warm outside but I was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt. So I went to bed while it was still light out at 8:45pm! I feel a bit better today, but may head to the doctor tomorrow if this hasn't cleared up more.

I skipped the gym to get some extra sleep. I am hoping the 1300 calories I burned yesterday will count for today too. I will get back to the gym tomorrow! I promise!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #7  

Hi Melissa,

I am a newbie, but I wanted to say that it's awesome that you rode your bike 36 miles! That really gave me some much needed motivation.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Melissa is the biker queen of 3FC's
= Melissa

Hi Lolita, and welcome !!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #9  

Lolita, welcome! It's great to have you here!

Yes, Melissa is our heroine. Not only does she ride a cool scooter, but she's a biker chick, too!

I am in such a funk right now, but if anyone wants an exercise thread, just say the word and I'll get right on it!

I slept almost the entire day. There's something bizarre going on with my depression meds, and I'm in no fit state for exercising. Just when I was starting running again. FIGURES!!
Ah, well. Just another little hurdle ...
I'm having my first coffee of the day, but I feel like I could go right back to bed...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #10  

Aw, shucks. Thanks guys. I'm blushing!

It is really easy to build up bike riding a good distance. You would be surprised. Even when I was severely out of shape 5/10 miles wasn't that hard. I'm feeling it today, though! I skipped the gym due to my cold/sinus infection thing going on. I'm headed to the doc tomorrow to check it out. I progress to sinus infections quickly, so I'm hoping to head it off.

Ellis, I am so sorry you are feeling so out of sorts. I have been on several depression medications and never really felt like myself on any of them. I do much better when I am happy with myself and diet and exercise. I must really not have a severe form of depression though. I do think I feel more anxiety issues now though. I used to work through them with food (and hide from them, whatever!). Now that I don't do that and I'm not willing to give up the calories for alcohol I feel much more spazzy. It took me forever to figure out I just used to fix that with chocolate or ice cream or both! Now, I'm just not really sure what to do when I get like that. Life! It's so hard sometimes!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #11  

So, I guess I will just be a board hog and double post.

This has been a weird week:
Monday: Holiday, no exercise (Pigged out night before)
Tuesday: 36 mile bike ride
Wednesday: no exercise (I'm sick)
Thursday: 6 mile bike ride, 20 minutes training
Friday: 12 mile bike ride

Net loss 3.5lbs for the week. I weighed in at 162.5 this morning! I'm not sure I believe it. I weighed myself before and after my shower at the gym this morning and still saw the same number. I don't think I have ever lost 3.5lbs in a week. Weird! I am on antibiotics, the doc said I have sinusitus and an ear infection. Maybe they are doing something weird to my system.

Who cares though! I'll take it. I will also try not to be too disappointed if it ends up going back up next week.

We have no big plans for the weekend. I am hoping to eat on on plan and get a little exercise in. Take care all!

Old 07-08-2005, 11:07 AM   #12  

I wish more people would post, Melissa. Come on, lurkers!
Wow! 3.5 pounds!! That's fabulous, girl!! Are you drinking lots of water, too? Keep that up, eh? That'll help keep the weight off.
I've actually lost that much in the past in a day (okay, that was when I was in my 20s), but on the other hand, I've also gained 5+ pounds in a day.
I hope the infection goes soon, sweetie.

Depression meds can be a real bugger. That's great that you're able to do without them.
I'm in danger of killing somewhat without them, so I'm kind of screwed.
It's very unsettling when you find one that works for you, and then suddenly it stops working! Oh, for a "normal" brain.
I'm feeling a little more energetic today. I've got laundry on the go, and ... well, that's pretty good for now.
I've started decreasing my meds slightly. It could take a couple of months to get off these darned things, so I figured I shouldn't wait until my psychiatrist gets back from holidays in a month. I need a life!
Closed Thread