WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #1  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default Crazy crazy question

Can anyone even begin to estimate the points in Monte Cristo sandwich from Bennigan's? I know it must be insane. But I was wondering if I could get away with a quarter of one if I eat light the rest of the day.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have a recipe that has nutritional information for a Monte Cristo sandwich so you decide:

Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 10 min.

* 6 eggs
* 1/4 cup milk or cream, or water
* 2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 2 tsp. sugar
* 8 slices French or sourdough bread
* 6 ounces sliced cooked turkey breast
* 6 ounces sliced cooked ham
* 1/4 lb. Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
* 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. powdered sugar, sifted
* 1/2 cup raspberry jam

Beat eggs with milk in a shallow bowl. Stir in vanilla and sugar. Top half the bread slices with equal amounts of turkey, ham and cheese. Top with other slices of bread. Dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg mixture 3 seconds. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches 3-4 minutes per side, until cheese melts and bread is golden on both sides. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with jam.

This recipe serves 4 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 2 only. The instructions describe how to prepare the ingredients for one pan. There are enough ingredients to prepare 2 pans.

Per serving: calories 764, fat 38.2g, 45% calories from fat, cholesterol 411mg, protein 45.0g, carbohydrates 59.2g, fiber 1.9g, sugar 33.0g, sodium 1081mg, diet points 18.6.

Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.1, Vegetable: 0.0, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 1.7, Lean meat: 2.4, Fat: 5.7, Sugar: 1.9, Very lean meat protein: 3.4

e
Old 07-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S
Per serving: calories 764, fat 38.2g, 45% calories from fat, cholesterol 411mg, protein 45.0g, carbohydrates 59.2g, fiber 1.9g, sugar 33.0g, sodium 1081mg, diet points 18.6.

Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.1, Vegetable: 0.0, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 1.7, Lean meat: 2.4, Fat: 5.7, Sugar: 1.9, Very lean meat protein: 3.4

e

OMG! I'll take that as a big FAT no! Thank you, Kel!
Closed Thread