Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:16 AM   #1  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default Aaaccck! Unprepared!

Hi, all. I started WW on Saturday and have been following the flex plan to the letter all week. (Very proud of myself, I must say!) I've been eating WaWa spinach and bacon salads for lunch (7 points, with dressing). I've actually been craving them (I think it's the bacon, LOL). But today, I was in a hurry and couldn't stop to pick up lunch before work. Now I'm stuck in an area where there is nothing but greasy-spoon lunch trucks. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it through the day without screwing up big time? All the tuna has mayo in it; everything is fried; and the "salads" are crap, nothing but iceberg lettuce which literally makes me gag .... HELP! This, to me, is proof positive that two of the keys to healthy eating are 1) planning ahead and 2) making sure to make time for yourself, even something as simple as allowing enough time in the morning to pick up what you need for a good lunch.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:51 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Try having a plain burger with lettuce and tomato, skip the fries. Where I worked before the "gut-trucks" had yogurt and apples, crackers and cheese, and stuff like ham and cheese sandwiches- if your trucks have those options try those. It might not be great but it is better than eating chips or chocolate or something fried.

Just try to have a good dinner tonight to balance it out and get back on plan tommorrow.

Planning is important, I didn't plan my lunch one day last week and something similar happened to me
Old 06-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #3  
banned

do u get time off@lunch? can u go buy some fruit and a bag of salad or something?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  
Alis Volat Propriis

Default Go, me!

Well, lunchtime has come and gone, and I can't believe how I handled it! I am kinda proud of myself here. I walked six blocks to the Whole Foods store, bought some sushi and some cherries and then walked back. I even picked up some tofu salad for dinner. What a high! That's 12 blocks of unplanned exercise plus a yummy, healthy lunch to boot. Can I consider this a NSV?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #5  

that is a great NSV!! way to go!!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:36 PM   #6  

OMG that was FABULOUS!!!!!!

Great recovery!!!! Those 'gut-trucks' - LOL here we call them Roach Coaches! ewwwwwwwwwwwww it just makes me think of Grease!

I found that one of my personal triggers for food is when I didn't plan, now I always keep a 'spare' WW frozen lunch in the fridge at work just incase I forget to bring mine.

Again, [B]FANTASTIC JOB![/B]
Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 AM   #7  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

OMG...GREAT GOING! I am sooo envious! Keep it up! Also, lean gourmets (by michelinas) have points on them (to keep at work too if you want) how about slimfast shakes? Doesnt that make you feel good though? Do it again today
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #8  
Alis Volat Propriis

Thank you all so much! I will indeed start keeping some back-up stuff here at work. I was planning on walking again today but it's raining -- AND my impromptu walk yesterday in high heels left me with some nasty blisters. I'm planning on a lunchtime walk tomorrow and then making sure I have walking shoes stashed in my office for the future. When I was working out regularly lasy year, I always kept a gym back packed and ready to go in my car. It made it so much easier. I'm going to start doing that too. Thank you all, again, for your support!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go!!! Great save there and good going on getting the walk in too!

As a bonus you know that if this happens again you have somewhere to go!
Closed Thread