Exercise! - Problem with legs

View Full Version : Problem with legs

Bad4x4Girl
06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Not really sure where to post this so I'll do it here. :)

I have a serious issue with my legs. They are pretty much like tree stumps. I have no visible knees or ankles, its just one solid lump of legs down to my feet.

What exactly can I do to get this to change? I walk 2 miles a day and do 1/2 hour of cardio 6 days a week and do weights as well every other day.

I'm at a loss and I'd like to wear some shorts someday!!! Help:o

imsexydamnit
06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
hey bad,
I'd recommend trying squats, lunges and the like, they're sure to bust you legs and butt into shape. Whenever i'm at a loss as to what type of exercises to try for a given body part i check out shape.com. they have tons of different workouts broken down by the body part you want to work.

Bad4x4Girl
06-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks I'll do that!

kykaree
06-09-2005, 07:50 PM
The trainer at my local gym is trying to kill me, no I mean, trying to get my legs in better shape. I own a pair of flabby tree stumps too. I do lower body exercises one day then upper body the next. I do leg press, leg raise, curls and calf raises. My dh is sure my legs have more shape already, and I have lost a lot of fat from around my thighs (I measure every eight weeks). As well as the weights I do lunges and squats.

I also swim and do cardio. If you keep plugging away at it, your legs will start to look better. I have lost a similar amount of weight to you, and am finding that my legs are taking ages to shape up, compared to my tummy and hips and butt - lets compare progress in a few months!!!! Good luck!!!

Bad4x4Girl
06-09-2005, 09:48 PM
:wl: I was always told in weight trainer in high school that too may leg press type exercise can actually do the opposite of what you want - they make your legs larger instead of slimmer? Is that myth?

Since it's been so hot this week I've swam every day. Had to stop yesterday because i was getting leg cramps(need to evaluate my diet again for summer heat I guess!) I don't have access to a gym so other than swimming and walking/jogging i only get for my legs a few squats and kicks that are in my exercise DVD.

I was afraid that would be the case for losing it on my legs last but I was hoping it wouldn't be true. Ah well, may next summer I can do shorts in public. I was brave and did a skor to work yesterday and to a T-ball game of my firends son but I was worrying if people were starring at my fat stumps the whole time! At least if I wear jeans I feel more comfortable knowing I can see loss in other places (hips thank god!!!! :sunny: and my stomach area, not so much my arms though but some)

Good luck on your loss! Hopefully all goes well with your trainer! :wl:

Lifeguard
06-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Calf raises really help with the giving your calves more shapeliness.

Eventually doing REALLY heavy weights will bulk up your legs but as women it takes a lot of weights to really bulk up. Remember muscle takes up less space than fat!!!!