WW Clubs and Groups - Fab 40's & Fit 50's #173

View Full Version : Fab 40's & Fit 50's #173

Jenny523
06-07-2005, 06:36 AM
Good morning everyone,

Zoe,
What wonderful news about your future grandchild! Congrats! Wow two milestones in a row for you. Your daughter said it all about how things are nowadays (boy, do I sound old). As long as the baby is wanted and loved, they'll do okay. Jess was a single mom to Brandon for 4 years before she married his dad. I wasn't crazy about it at the time, that's definitely not what we had dreamed about for our daughter,but in retrospect, and in the whole grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter.

We're in the middle of a mini heat wave; it's been in the 90's since Sat. :D You know how I love this. Yesterday, after a very stressful day at work, was my first time in the pool this season. I was on :cloud9: Joe and I got home in time to spend about an hour relaxing in it till we had no more sun. What wonderful therapy :sunny:

have a great day,
~Jen

Rios426
06-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Zoe, congratulations!! How exciting. That's wonderful news. :bb:

Jen, I've become the queen of fresh starts. I can't seem to get back on track. It's always the evenings that mess me up. I'm not ready to quit. I have to keep on no matter what. Hope weigh-in goes well. :crossed: We're getting hot & humid weather also. I'm glad you can relax in your pool. Must be nice having your own pool. We have one in the apt. complex but I'm not ready to go out in public in a bathing suit. :moo:

I took a personal day today. I have to get my hair done.

Later gators:grouphug:

Es

Jenny523
06-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Today was weigh-in, I lost 1 more lb. :D

Es, hope you enjoyed your day off.

Rios426
06-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Jen, here's to you kiddo
:cp: :cb: :dance: :bravo: :dancer: :woo: :cheer: 11 lbs. WooHoo!!!

Till later,
Es

dpadro
06-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Good morning my buddies:

ZoeGirl - Congrats on the new grandbaby coming! :cheers: When is the baby due? Very exciting - I have 14 and got excited with each one :lol: You'll get back on track, hang in there.

Sandy - Your son is so handsome and his date is very pretty. Are they a couple?

Jen - Congrats on your 1 lb. loss :bravo: I know you must be enjoying that pool. I was in Darren's twice this past weekend and loved it. Alana is bugging us about getting our own pool, but we just don't really want the hassle. Plus I kind of like the big yard and am planning (next weekend hopefully) to get a patio set. We got a grill last week, but it hasn't been set up yet (that should be fun - NOT!! :devil: ). We have a couple of benches in the yard and chairs, so little by little. I also want to get a smaller patio set for the deck, like maybe a bistro table with 2 chairs. I love sitting out there.

Es, amiga - how is your hand? When is your surgery? I hope you take it easy after and don't overdo. Es, as long as you keep "fresh starting", you'll be okay. Its when we give up and just quit that we're really in trouble.

Well, I have to say I haven't been to ww in the past 3 weeks and I've got to get back. It really helps me alot. This week I decided I am going to eat chicken or some kind of meat, a green vegetable and salad for dinner. I'm not going to have the usual potatoes, rice or pasta for at least this week, hoping to re-jump-start losing. Its like we're conditioned since childhood, that we must have meat, potatoes (or some starch) and a vegetable - but why? Who says we have to have a starch? :lol: I've just been staying the same for a while. So I'm trying to focus on that goal for this week, next week I'll focus on doing some walking and then hopefully by the following week I'll be back on track with both food and exercise. One day at a time..........yes?

Hi Terri, Lj, LeeAnn, Ruthie (hope you're doing okay) and Cindy (is Cindy still with us?).

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you's tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10729;93;0;0/c/-15/t/-25/k/6a6d/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Jenny523
06-10-2005, 05:40 AM
Dianne,
You're right about the starches, we've been "conditioned" into adding them to every dinner. While I wouldn't go to the extreme of following the Atkins program, I will admit they can cause plenty of problems for me. At least it's easier in the summer to eat lighter/healthier in the summer. Enjoy your yard!

It's very quiet in here! Happens every summer.

Have a great weekend,
~Jen

Sandancy
06-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi Buddies:wave:

Zoe, Congrats on your daughter's engagement and your first grandbaby on the way :cloud9: :love: Love and family are the best, no matter what the order!

Jen, :high: on your loss this week. What a great total, 11 lbs in just 2 weeks! Are you still really psyched and energized? By the way I did grow Cleome a few years ago, I didn't know they self seeded. The next year I think I probably weeded away the new flowers.

Dianne, That girl in the picture is the reason that Greg needed the Mono test last winter, so I guess you could infer that they are a couple.

Thanks everyone for admiring my kid, of course I think he is adorable, but I am not unbiased.
I have to run to take Greg to a rehearsal. They are putting on a talent show tonight as a fund raiser for the Freshman class at the high school. Greg and Sara are doing some comedy skits.
:grouphug:
Sandy

Rios426
06-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi:wave:

I'm so glad the weekend is here. My hand has been bothering me. Nothing seems to help get rid of the pain. Can't wait to get the surgery over with.

Dianne, the surgery is scheduled for June 27th. I've been trying to stay away from starches. Not completely but trying not to have it in every meal.

Jen, it gets quiet around the summer & the holidays. I guess everybody is really busy around this time of year.

Hi Sandy, Terri, L.J, Leann, Zoe, Ruth & Janie. :wave:

Hugs to all my buds.

Hasta manana:grouphug:

Luv u's,
Es

Jenny523
06-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, I'm home alone and I don't like it! :( Joe is out of town at a seminar, for only one night, but still......the novelty wears off when it's time to go to bed and I'm (chicken) home alone :lol:
Sunday is our anniversary.....34 years :yikes: :love:
We're going to our favorite local winery and then having dinner with Joey and Iliana at Rokbonki, a Japanese steakhouse. I'm glad that it will be points-friendly, the food, that is.

Did I tell you Joey and Ili picked the date? May 28, 2006. Here's a link to where they're having it all...the ceremony and reception. I'm thrilled, it's a beautiful place. There's a hotel across the street so we don't have to worry about driving home :cheers:

http://www.glenviewparkdist.org/fa-grove-redfield.htm

Sandy,
Greg really is a cutie, they make a good looking couple.

Es,
We were posting at the same time. I'm so sorry your hand is bad. At least the surgery isn't too far away, and you should have some relief. Does icing it help? I've found ice to be a miracle drug. Take care of yourself.

HI :wave: to everyone..Terri, Zoe, Ruth (where are you?) Leeann, LJ, have a great weekend.

~Jen

Jen,
CONGRATS on the loss. That is wonderful.
The place Joey is getting married is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures.

Es,
I hope your arm feels a little better. The surgery will be successful.

Dianne,
I love my back yard too. I spend most evenings out there with the tiki lamps going.

I lost 2.4 pounds this week. I am going toward my personal goal.
Brandon starts band camp this week, Next week it is scout camp for Bradley. A whole week. :(
Well getting to bed.
TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
06-14-2005, 01:52 PM
HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! Where is everybody? :lol: I know you all can't be hibernatin' :devil:

Jen - The place Joey & Iliana are getting married is gorgeous! Really looks beautiful. They must be excited - I know you are.

Terri - Congrats on the 2.4 lbs lost :bravo: :cheers: Great job.

Sandy - Too funny about "you can infer they are a couple" after the whole mono issue - I'd forgotten about that :lol: Anyway, they make a really cute couple.

Amiga, how are you doing? I know after the whole recovery period, you'll hopefully be feeling no pain. Years ago Willie had a pinched nerve and he went throught therapy, etc. before they finally decided to operate. He was always in pain and the kids were little and he couldn't even deal with them. Once he had the operation, the pain just disappeared - it was amazing, after all those months of him being miserable. I hope that happens to you ;)
P.S. I didn't wind up going to curves after all, because it was the wrong center - not the one closest to my house (still getting lost in Staten Island :lol: ). So, I'm gonna make a new appointment at the closer one.

I've been realizing something - since I'm older now then the first time I lost the weight, ww's goal for me is actually 145, not 140 - I believe. And if that's the case, that means I've already reached goal! My personal goal is 135 - but that's not their goal for me. mmmmmm....... I have to check next time I go. Wouldn't that be funny - I probably already reached goal and didn't know it :p It would also mean that I reached goal before reaching the 10% :lol: Weird.

Anyway, just popping in to say hi to everyone - hey ZoeGirl, Lj, LeeAnn and Ruthie and Cindy :wave: Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
Dianne

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10729;93;0;0/c/-15/t/-25/k/6a6d/weight.png

mscat816
06-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi - I am looking for thread to join to get some real encouragement and help with WW. I am 48 years old (soon to be 49!) on the flex plan on-line. I love the flex plan but I am so inconsistent - rarely eat enough meals, not getting enough water, and I am not exercising enough. Therefore, I am gaining and losing the same 10 lbs for the past two years (have only been on weight watchers around 2 months). Looking for support and tips on how to get more of the things I need so I can lose. What is your thread about and if not for me - does anyone know of a good thread where I can report and be accountable?

Thanks
mscat

Rios426
06-15-2005, 05:13 AM
Hi Girls:wave:

Mscat, welcome. :) This group is very supportive, motivating, caring, funny, I can go on & on. Stick around & you'll see.

Dianne, mi amiga, you're already at goal. :bravo: The date for my surgery is getting close. :eek: I haven't been to Curves because of my hand. Most of the machines I have to use my hands. They probably think I quit! I have to go & tell them to put me on hold for the month of July. I think you'll like it.

Terri, I know you're going to miss the boys.:( WTG with your loss! ;) :cp: You are awesome girl.

Jen, what a beautful place. May is a nice month for a wedding. I remember when they first met. Time is going by too fast. BTW, ice does help. I wish I could walk around with it. :lol:

I haven't lost anything. Do pain pills make you gain weight?(excuse) :rolleyes:

Have to get ready for work.

Have a great day my buds. :grouphug:

Luv u's,
Es

Jenny523
06-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Terri,
Congrats on the loss! :cp: That's very good. You're getting so close. I hope you get to relax while the boys are at their camps.

Dianne,
Already at goal ! How awesome. :cb: And too funny that you didn't realize it. It's so much more difficult to lose at this age. I'm glad you've stuck with it. Good going! :dancer:

Es,
I've been thinking of you, and hope you're ok. Living with pain is very stressful. Once the surgery is over, it will be all uphill. Hang in there :flow2:

Due to work being so busy, I didn't get to weigh in last night; I'm going tonight instead. I used all my Flexpoints last week, and then some. I'm hoping for a maintain :crossed:

Have to run, in the middle of the craziness at work, they've called a 7 am meeting this morning for our dept....in order to do some "bonding"...I can't even believe it. :dizzy: Plus they're having a breakfast of bacon, egg, hash browns and croissants. I'm bringing my own yogurt :lol:

~Jen

mscat,
Welcome!!!!! That last 10 is hard but not impossible. We are here for you.
I am Terri and I lost 60 about 4 years ago. This is a wonderful group.
Very supportive and a wonderful bunch of friends.

Jen,
Great job deciding to take yogurt. Good luck with weigh-in.

Dianne,
:wtg: on already reaching goal. That is awesome. Have fun at Curves.

The band camps are just day camps. Bradley goes on Father's Day to Scout Camp so he will take Bruce to lunch on Sat. just the 2 of them.
He will be gone for a week. :( I will miss my baby.

TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
06-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Buddies, :wave:
Welcome Mscat, this is a great place to meet for friendship and encouragement. We all need support, and it goes way beyond just talking about the WW program.
Es, I hope you are doing ok while you wait for the surgery and still enjoying the better weather and summer coming.
Dianne, :cloud9: :bravo: on reaching your goal. Persistence is what it is all about amidst ďLife Happens.Ē If we did not have a pool here when we bought the house, I never would have installed one. It is a lot of work to open, but once it we do we enjoy it a lot.
Terri, :high: :cheer: on your loss, that is terrific! Do the kids do the same camps every summer? Greg went to the same one for 6 years in Maine. It was for 1 to 2 weeks, and Mike and I usually stayed nearby at his sisterís condo for a week.
Jen, I checked the link to Joey and Ilianaís wedding site. It is gorgeous, something to look forward to all year. :love: :cheers: Congrats on your 34th anniversary, Mike and I will be married 29 years this fall. I hope you enjoyed the Japanese steakhouse. Good luck at your weigh in, remember we are all in this for the long haul, slowly but surely we will do it. :goodscale::goodluck:By the way how did the breakfast work out?

I missed you all and I am so embarrassed about staying away so much. I have primarily been spending all my time in the garden or eating cake. We have had just too many events as June is birthday month in the family. Daveís birthday was on June 10th and he is one of nine born in June if we count both sides of the family. In addition both of my boys graduated, Dave from college and Greg from high school.
The gardening thing is absurd, I am so out of control. Last year we took down about 30 trees, and I started lots of plants from seed over the winter. I have been trying to get everything into the ground and mulched. I really need a 5 year plan! It is just too much! Somehow none of the guys are in the least interested but if they could use a computer to help they would be willing. I have to admit the weather has been crazy, either wet and cold or hot and humid. I hate to whine about my guys, but it is hard to get them outside to help.:dunno:
WW wise I am still just maintaining. All the celebrating is difficult to control, but the garden work seems to be compensation.

I am really hyper this morning because I fell into a huge cup of coffee,:coffee2: I should probably get back to work now.
Hi to all the rest of our gang, Zoe, Ruth, Leann, L.J. and everyone

Luv yaís
Sandy

dpadro
06-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi guys:

Thanks for all the congrats on reaching goal - I know this is gonna sound weird and probably STUPID - but its almost like a "let-down" for me - I guess it has to do with the fact that it feels like it happened totally by accident because I didn't realize the whole age difference thing :p Like when I thought I had another pound to go to reach my 10% and then 4 lbs after that to reach goal, I had something to look forward to - now its just there :lol: I know, I know, you probably all think I'm ******ed :o Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased, I mean, but..........Oh damn, I don't know what I mean :lol:

Anyway, Sandy, congrats on your sons' graduations - that's terrific :cheers: At least you are maintaining, that's a good thing. I know what you mean about cake - June is a big birthday month in my family too. My son Justin's 24th birthday was yesterday, then my grandson Joseph is tomorrow, my granddaughter Lianne's is Monday, and it goes on and on. For Father's Day, I'm having a barbecue and getting a huge cake that says "Happy Father's Day" and "Happy June Birthdays" :lol: No way we could fit everyone's name on the cake!

Jen - How was wi?

Hi, Es, Terri, ZoeGirl, Ruthie, Cindy, LeeAnn, Lj - and WELCOME MsCat !

Talk to yous soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10728;133;0;0/c/-15/t/-25/k/2ce7/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Jenny523
06-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Ok, I've got to admit I almost fell into my old ways. After our anniversary weekend, which, by the way, was perfect....
I approached my Tuesday weighin with trepidation and had decided to use my "free pass", attend the meeting but skip the weighin.
I know me, and would have been devastated to post a gain.
So..what with the busy days at work, and being absolutely drop dead tired, I skipped the meeting on not only Tuesday, but also Wednesday :(
Today I awoke with a firm resolve to not only go to a meeting today, but to suck it up and get on the scale, gain or not.
And imagine my surprise/delight when I had a 1.2 pound loss :D which brings me to a total of 12.2
I know I squeaked by with the two extra days, but that's ok.
I got to experience a different leader today, which was good but I'm going back to my regular Tuesday 7pm next week.

The breakfast at work worked out okay. I had scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit, for a total of 8 points. Not too bad; much more than I would have had at home for breakfast on a weekday, but I got through it and felt very in control!!!
One of my co-workers joined WW two weeks ago, so I've got tremendous support at work.

Dianne,
While I've never been even near goal, I can understand your feelings. That special number is something you were working towards, and to have it slip by you without knowing was disappointing. Anti-climatic, in a sense. Just know that I think you did a great job, and you have inspired me a great deal. I will always use your "life gets in the way" philosophy...and know that it worked for you, so there's hope for me.

Sandy,
It takes so much hard work to make a beautiful garden/yard. Each year will get better. I can see where Joe and I have taken on too much but we're seeing some daylight.

Didn't even have dinner yet, am going to run, have a good night!
~Jen

Zoe
06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Good Morning y'all ~ :wave:

Here I am.....been MIA for more than a week!! Where DOES the time go? Anyway, I've missed WW for the last 3 weeks too and today I will go with my head hung but if I don't go in and weigh, I won't get that kick in the pants that I need. I probably have gained 4 or more out of my 19 lost but that's ok. At least I'm getting back on track before it's ALL back, right? (listen to me!! So confident. haha)

I promise to be back and 'chat', read all that's been going on. I do see we have a new member so hello mscat ~ I'll read all the posts I've missed later or tomorrow and be back then to give y'all the bad news on the WI this morning. Ugh! I just don't want to know but I know that I really NEED to know if I'm going to more on.

Thank you all for the congrats on being first time grandparents. I think I almost have them convinced to move here to TX (they are in Tampa, FL) Woo Hoo!

Talk to you's guys later...
Me

WWEnthusiast
06-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey EVERYONE!!!! Seems I too have been among the missing.....there has been the Big Ole battle between the Contessa and the Princess.....looks like the Contessa has been DE-throwned!!!! :kickcan: kicked to the curb!!
Yep, :queen: Princess Rules :lol: I swear Frank thinks I :dizzy: , which for the record I am :D
I have so much to catch up on here.....so I will go back and read everything...did want to welcome mscat....I too am new to this board,and everyone here is so great!!

I have failed at my Core attempt and so it is back to Basics for this Chick!! :goodvibes

I feel good about the decision, however :D Frank had me put it in writing and sign that "I will not yell at him when he "kindly" reminds me I am now the Princess of Points. He cracks me up :lol: So it is in writing and signed. Poor guy, anyone else would have told me where to get off at :lol:
He truly has the patients (sp??) of Job

So I hope I am welcomed yet again.....I need, as you all know, all the support you all have given me in the past.
Thanks for being there........I will read everything I have missed and "talk" with you all later....... :grouphug: Lj

WWEnthusiast
06-18-2005, 10:43 AM
ZOE.....I wanted to make sure I said CONGRATS!!! on the :bb: the precious :angel: you will all soon be 'in love' with..... I am sure you're on :cloud9:

:hat: Lj

Jenny523
06-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Lj, you're welcome to join me and count Points...of course you can be the Princess, since I'm the Queen of the Fresh Starts :lol: Seriously, let's do this together! You can do it.

Zoe, did you get to WW? hey, look how many times we've all been there and back, no matter. What counts is that we never lose focus completely...it's always there, niggling in the back of our minds, forcing us to eventually face facts. Well, at least for me it was! Hope you're back on track.

Did anyone try the Tostitos Baked Tortilla Chips? 1 point for about 20 chips!!!!! Awesome, I had some with salsa after work today. Yum. I miss my snacks.

I'm not a happy camper right now. We were to go to a graduation party of my cousin's kids. I worked today, got home around 5, we were getting dressed to go, and then Joe got a call (he's on call this week) and had to go to a call in a town that's an hour away :( I know that's his job, but it doesn't make it easier.
I definitely did not want to drive to the party alone, as it's about 40 minutes away, and I'd be returning in the dark on unknown roads. I'll miss seeing my cousins; won't see them again till the Family Picnic next month.

Hope everyone's doing ok. Have a great weekend.
~Jen

Rios426
06-19-2005, 07:09 AM

Jen, how was the party? I hate driving at night. I only do it if I really have to.
I tried those chips. :T Very good. I like what you said to Zoe. So true.

L.J., too funny about the Contessa & the Princess.:lol: I think the Princess is a good choice for now. Maybe later on you can switch. ;)

Zoe, do you have to pay for the weeks you missed? Hope it went well. My failures have always been not going & trying to lose before I went which never happened. You're back on track & that's a good thing.

Amiga, hope you have a great Father's Day/Birthday barbecue.

Hi Terri, Sandy, Ruth, Janie, Mscat & Leeann.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DADS!

Hugs,
Es

dpadro
06-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the hubbies!

Jen - You hit it on the head with the words "anti-climatic" - that's exactly how I felt. Thanks for the kind words and you there's definitely hope for you and all of us! Congrats on your loss :bravo: :cheers:

We are having a Father's Day barbecut today and thank God Willie and Darren finally put the barbecue together last night! Nothing like last minute :lol: We also bought a patio set with umbrella and its really pretty, so the yard is looking good.

Sorry I have to cut this short, but there's so much to do before everyone comes over - Have a great day everyone - Hi Amiga, Terri, ZoeGirl, Sandy, Ruthie, Lj, LeeAnn and Mscat.

Hugs,
Dianne

Zoe
06-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Good Sunday Morning everyone!

This once again will be short. I figure short is better than not showing up for days on end. :lol:

I went to WW and just as I thought, it was BAD :( The good thing is, I did weigh in and not use the no-weigh pass. Yes Es, we have to pay for the weeks missed but the good thing is, you never have to pay more than the joining fee. If they had a special for a $15 joining fee, that's all I would have to pay. (that's happend to me even missing only 1 week) If not, all you pay is the usual $35 which is what happened this time. I'm really glad that I went because, again, like you Es I tend to not go until I can lose what I gained and I too, never do it. So this was an "awakening" for me.....oh, the weight?? I gained 3 lbs. :( Ok, since I had been doing good the 5 days prior, it could have been worse. So today, I'm on track. I had a bacon sandwich on light bread for 6 pts and I have so much to do today that I won't be eating much.

So, let me get going and I'll be talking to you's guys later or tomorrow.
Hi Jen, Diane, LJ, Terri, Sandy, Ruth, Janie, Mscat & Leeann. (hope I didn't miss anyone)

Happy Father's Day to all your hubbys and dads!!

Me

Jenny523
06-21-2005, 07:00 AM
:sunny: :sunny: Happy 1st Day of Summer! :sunny: :sunny:

Zoe,
the important thing is you went back...that is the first step. Good going!

I'm so proud of my sister-in-law. She reached her 10% yesterday! I am inspired by her success.

Only two more weeks of craziness at work. The overtime is nice ;) but it's very tiring. After that, a week off!!!! :cb:

hope all is well with everyone.
~Jen

Jenny523
06-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Weighed in today with a loss of 1 pound. It was not easy to get even that, what with the bbq on Father's Day.... but I'm happy I had a loss, am up to a total loss of 13 pounds. I'm determined to reach 15 pounds next week. :dancer:

hope you're all well
~Jen

Jen,
I am so glad you had a great anniversary. Great loss too by the way. You are doing it girl. Tell your SIL congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is my sister and her husband's silver anniversary today. Mine is in 2 years.

Zoe,
You can get that 3 off. I always feel much better when I get that dreaded gain weigh-in over with. I feel like it is the first day of school again. I start fresh.

L.J.
What was this about Contessa and Princess?
I am having a brain fart.
It is great hearing from you again.

I hope y'all had a great Dad's Day. Mine was a little sad cause it is the first w/o my dad and because my baby went away to scout camp at 12:00 noon that day. I went down onto the treadmill later after he left cause I was sad and I wanted to get my mind off of him travelling to camp w/o a parent and so I put on FOX news and what did my wondering eyes see? A report on the little scout that was missing in Utah. Hit me with a brick. I am so glad they found him. I was like "C'mon, are you kidding me?" This isn't happening.
Let's just say that the treadmill didn't take my mind off of Bradley. :lol:
We had a cookout with just us. Bruce got a lot of cool gifts. Britts bought him a waffle iron. He loves to make waffles and she paid half of the $200 gift card for Men's Wharehouse for a new suit. He will probably want to pay more than that but it is a start. The boys got him DVDs.

Well gotta go and exercise.
Luv you guys,
Terri

Jenny523
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Terri,
I could only think, "Oh no, another child lost, or dead" and then he was found! What a great ending. So many times they end in tragedy.
You will be okay; he'll be fine and having fun while you're at home worrying.
I know how difficult it is to celebrate a holiday for the first time without someone you've lost. You know your Dad is smiling down on you all.

HI :wave: to all

Thanks so much Jen. Your words are very comforting. I am glad Bruce is there now.
Have a great evening.
Terri

leeannm901
06-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Things have been so hectic, I lost track of time in a big way. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around. I have lots of reading to catch up with. I'll post a little later.

Rios426
06-24-2005, 07:55 PM

I've been reading all the posts everyday but since I'm in pain I haven't been able to type. Just want to let you all know you won't be hearing from me for at least a week. My surgery is scheduled for Monday. I have to check in at 10:30 AM .

Luv u's:grouphug:

Es

GOOD LUCK ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Leeann. We'll be here.

Bruce and Bradley is coming home tomorrow. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv you guys!
Terri

Rios426
06-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Happy Saturday :) It's going to be a hot one. I have a question? I'm invited to a graduation party. I'm not close to these people at all but we've known them for years. They're my sister-in-law's family. How much should I give? It's a graduation/pool party.

Thanks Terri. ;)

Es

Jenny523
06-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Es,
Good luck, I'll be thinking of you on Monday. We had my cousin's kids' grad. last week...gave 20 to the 8th grade grad and 40 to the highschool grad. If it were a single person, or one gift, I would have given 50, but it was two :rolleyes: Whatever you give will be appreciated.

Terri,
HI ! Enjoy the guys :love:

Have a had fairly good week so far :crossed: I really like weighing in on Tuesday, it kind of keeps me honest over the weekend.

Have to work today, but it's the last Saturday till next year! whoo eeeee
I've worked 3 in May and 3 in June....am definitely ready for some two day weekends :lol:

We're having HOT weather here, in the 90's :sunny: you know I'm loving it!

HI :wave: to everyone....Dianne, Sandy,Zoe, Ruth, LJ, Leeann
~Jen

Hi Es,
$20 is what I give if I was just invited so there would be people that give money there. :lol: A nephew, niece or sibling I'd give $100. Everyone in between I'd give $30-$50 depending on the situation.

Jen,
Enjoy your pool.
Tomorrow we are having beer butt chicken on the grill.
You take a half empty beer can and put it up the butt of the chicken and grill it. Oh darn I guess I will have to drink the other half a beer. :lol:

Have a great weekend.
I lost .8

TTYL,
Terri

Zoe
06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Good Afternoon Buds :wave:

It's been a really laze afternoon. :yawn: We went to Lowes today and Greg ordered a shed tp put up so that I can put all the pool stuff in it, rather than lugging it around to the garage or worse, leaving it lay around all summer. So that and a screen door for the back door. They are delivering it all tomorrow morning.

We leave for Vegas a week from tomorrow. Not even sure if I mentioned it. My daughter Jenna (the pregnant one) turns 30 on the 4th of July so for the last year, she's been saying that she wanted to spend it in las Vegas. Ok. But she's upset that her BEST friend can't get to go so even though she's excited, none of her friends will get to celebrate the big 3-0 with her. She and her finance' will meet us there Sunday morning. I told her that I made reservations for dinner on Monday (the 4th) and won't tell her where. I want her to have some surprises for her birthday. We're going to the stratosphere restaurant, "Top of the World". The best part is that her best friend and another girl will be there and she doesn't know it. Tonja called me and said that Jenna finally admitted how bummed she is that she won't be with her and Tonja gave her the old teary "sorry but I promise to make it up to you" story. Hehehe.....it's gonna be so much fun and I can't WAIT to see her face when we drag her into the casino and Tonja and Tracy just happen to be sitting at the slot machine. It's been difficult not so say something :ziplip: We're so sneaky, huh?? :devil:

I miss WW today but got on my scale and I'm down some of those 3 lbs I gained last week. Only 2 but hey, it's something. I'll go next Saturday, before we leave for our 4 day Vegas trip.

Es ~ I'll be thinking about you on Monday.

Hi to all you's guys........talk to you later.

Me <><

Rios426
06-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi Buddies:wave:

The graduation party was nice. We gave $50.

Zoe, your daughter is going to be soooo surprised. :cool: Have a great time.

Terri, beer butt chicken:lol: Never heard of it. I guess you'll have to drink what's left of the beer(darn). ;)

Jen, enjoy your pool. :flow2:

Congrats on you losers:D

Till tomorrow. I'll post before I go in for surgery. No water or food after midnight. :( The water is what I'll miss. I have to be there by 10:30. :stress:

Hugs,
Es

mscat816
06-26-2005, 05:34 PM
I was still debating about what group to join - after checking up on you I found so many greetings I felt right at home! Thank you. Having a good day - had a two hour bellydance workout yesterday. No exercise today, about 48 oz of water in so far (going for 72), had one nutrient (MWL - trying to get rid of what i purchased) and eating is fair today - need to get my veggies and fruit in for the day.

Terri - my dad makes beer butt chicken! Maybe we are related! ;)

ES - I don't know what kind of surgery you are having but my prayers will be with you.

Zoe - I have a Greg and we are shopping for a shed too! Ours is not for a pool (I wish) but for all the other junk we can't fit in our garage with the two cars. We don't have a basement. However, we are having the garage extended to have a workshop and room to park the motorcycle and a future hobby car.

Have a great Sunday! :wave:

Rios426
06-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Welcome back mscat. I'm having surgery done on my right wrist. Lately I've been having problems getting my fruits in. I have to work on that. Good going with the water. ;)

Well, girls, today is the day. You won't be hearing from me for a while.

Luv u's, :wave:
Es

dpadro
06-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Es, amiga - GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY TODAY - I'll be thinking of you. Take care and if you can, have Pete or David type up a "how it went" message for you so we'll know you're okay.

Hi everybody :wave: be back later!

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
06-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Es,
I hope everything went well today and that you're resting comfortably. Please take care and don't rush things! I hope you're not in alot of pain; if so, don't be a hero...take those pain meds!

Zoe,
What a wonderful surprise for your daughter's birthday. I'll bet you'll all have a blast! Let us know how it goes.

Well, have had a great week, and then a not so great weekend, in terms of staying on program. I snuck a peek at the scale today, and have a loss; however, I know it will eventually catch up with me. :crossed: that I post a loss tomorrow!
Funny coincidence.. my SIL and I were talking about our leaders. She attends meetings at a church, I have the convenience of a WW Center. Turns out, we discover we both have the same leader! My SIL verified it today at her meeting. I like the leader...she's got a no-nonsense style and doesn't waste time on recipes or food finds....I can get plenty of that online. What I need out of the meetings is inspiration and motivation. In that area, I think she does very well.

Hope all of you are well. We're in he** week at work, thank goodness the deadline is Thursday, then after Friday, I've got a week off!!!! :D

~Jen

mscat816
06-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Good evening. Was I off today! :fr: Started out great with cheerios, 1/2 banana and a nutrient for my a.m. snack. Then I lost it when I ran an errand for a friend and the Rally's was calling my name. Then on the way home from work I stopped at Krispy Kremes. :nono:
So that's it! I am going cold turkey for until the 21 st with the following:

1. Charting WW online and staying within my points
2. No "white" food (starch, flour products and sugar - except for splenda in my 1/2 cup of coffee)
3. Miminum 72 oz of water a day by 5:00 p.m.
4. 4 days a week of 30 minute sets of movement

The 21st is the day I am scheduled to conduct a bellydance workshop for the ladies night out at my dentist's office.

I am declaring it before my group so I will be asking each and everyone of you to hold me to account.

Jen -I have full confidence that you will get your loss!

ES - Make certain you take it easy and allow yourself to heal. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jenny523
06-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Mscat,
Sounds like a plan...go for it!
The bellydancing lessons are cool. I'd never have the nerve to do that :o

Es,
hope you're doing well. :balloons:

Weighed in today and had a loss of 2 pounds :D which brings my total loss to 15.
At work a co-worker I only see about once a week asked if I had lost weight...that made my day!

HI to all,
~Jen

Sandancy
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Everyone, I have been missing you all! I was feeling really deprived of my friends lately. I talked Mike into taking me into an internet cafť so I could check up on everyone.

Hi Es, you have been in my thoughts every day. I have been thinking of you waiting for your surgery and hoping it went perfectly on Monday and that you are healing quickly.

Mike and I took Greg to his college orientation last week at U Mass, it was a 2-1/2 day event with special sessions for parents covering everything from academics, money, alcohol on campus and student jobs. We are really excited for him. Then we came home on Friday did some laundry and left for Maine. We will be home again on Saturday.

Jen, you are doing so well!!:high: :bravo: :cheer: Are you going away or just enjoying your pool during your week off?

Terri, I guess you have Bradley back home by now. I know how hard it is to let our kids go away. Did he have a great time though? We put Greg on the boat to go to his youth conference and at 18 he still has to tolerate the long goodbyeís from his mom and dad.

MsCat, welcome again, this is a great place for support and your plan sounds good.

I am afraid that I will really need to gear up all over again, as we are really doing a lot of fun eating out on this vacation.

Hi Dianne, Zoe, Leann and L.J.,

I will have to get back and check in on Saturday.
:grouphug:
Sandy

leeannm901
06-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow Ė so much has gone one since I posted last.

Zoe: Very late, but happy birthday! Your birthday celebration sounded positively wonderful. A grandmother! This sure has been a very full few weeks for you, hasnít it? How is it going with Curves? Remember, life happens and none of us is perfect. Persistence, not perfection, ok? What a great surprise for Jenna Ė that is so cool! :hyper: She is going to be so surprised and happy!

Jen: How are you doing? Howís the knee? When you were talking about the crab Rangoon awhile ago, my mouth started watering. Good for you on going back to WW. You are doing awesome! :high: You can do this! Such exciting news about Joey and Iliana. The place they reserved for the wedding looks so beautiful.

Dianne: Sounds like Alanaís grad party was lots of fun. I donít think I could even fit 56 people at my house! :lol: I donít think it was explained (and if it was I missed it), but what is walking your zipcode? Walking the boundaries of the zipcode? As for reaching goal without you knowing it, just remember Ė you know what the best weight for you is. WW may say 145, but if you feel 140 is better, then that is the weight you should shoot for. I understand the let-down thing, though. How did the fatherís day bbq go?

LJ: How are you doing? Iíve thought of you often. I hope all is going well for you.

Es: You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is going well with the wrist and youíll be back with us soon. Sorry the executive director was such an idiot about your timing of the surgery. :( Sometimes people can be so insensitive. Donít push yourself too hard to come back. Make sure you heal properly and your work can just understand! SO THERE! :lol:

Cindy: Iíve been MIA from this board for awhile, so I didnít get the chance to say Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here. These are an amazing group of ladies. Weight loss is important to all of us, but there are so many other things that we talk about too.

Terri: Way to go on the loss! Keep up the good work. How was the chicken? I bought a metal frame to put the beer can in and the chicken over it. I havenít tried it yet. Maybe Iíll do that this weekend. I need to get a can of beer, though. Can soda be used instead? (Thinking that a can of soda would be easier to come by than a can of beer at the store)

Sandy: How did Gregís graduation go? What a great picture of Greg and his date. He is handsome, isnít he?. Howís the garden coming? When youíre finished with yours, you can come and do mine!!! What do you think???? Ah well, it was just a thought. ;) I know what you mean about it being out of control. As I look at my garden, I can visualize what its supposed to look like. Getting it there will take time. I was reading on HGTV.com about a five-year plan for landscaping a yard. I just donít have the patience to wait that long! :tantrum: I want it all done this year! :D Good for your SIL reaching her 10%! :cp: That is definitely something to be inspired by.

Mscat: Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here. This is a wonderful group of supportive ladies. I love your thought in your signature. How true it is.

I've been keeping myself busy with school, yard work, and I went to a reunion for the WI Sheltie Rescue the Saturday of Father's Day weekend. We all bring a dish. I brought a WW shrimp salsa and everyone loved it. Considering I don't have a Betty Crocker bone in my body, it was pretty easy to make. :chef: Had a great time. Over 100 dogs were there. It was absolute heaven for me. :cloud9: The back yard is taking shape. I planted 10 hedge rose plants, along with 30 wave petunias, 24 double petunias, 24 snap dragons, a hybrid tea rose, and a couple of hanging baskets for the front of the house. :tired: Now I need to start work on putting in my raised garden and patio. It's too late to plant a garden this year, but next year I'll be ready. I can work in the yard alot now because I'm on a 2-1/2 week break in between classes. I'm trying to cram everything into that short time. I've decided that this work thing is really interferring with my leisure time! :yes:

I haven't been doing well the past couple of weeks with journaling, water intake, etc. I also need to get back to my walking and Walk Blaster tapes. Sometimes you just get so busy, you forget -- you know?

Well, this novel is long enough. I hope I haven't missed anyone. Talk to you all later!

Rios426
06-29-2005, 04:56 PM
:( I Posted This Morning & It Disappeared. Sorry For The Caps. I'm Typing With My Left Hand. I'm Doing Good. My Hand Is Swollen But Other Than That I'm Fine.

Just Wanted To Stop In & Say Hello. It's Hard For Me To Type With My Left Hand. I Am Reading All Your Posts.

Hugs To All:wave:
Es

Jenny523
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Leeann,
It sounds as tho your plate is full! The flowers you planted will give you pleasure tenfold, right? I'm so sorry that work is interfering with your gardening....! :rolleyes:
You're near Milwaukee? That's not so far; it seems we're the closest of the fab 40's/fit 50's, geographically, that is. I live in Wheeling, a NW suburb of Chicago.
Keep up the good work!!

Es,
!!!Wow you sound good already. Glad to hear you're not in lot of pain. Take care and relax!!!!

Rios426
06-30-2005, 08:43 AM
hi guys:wave:

guess what? I'M TYPING WITH MY RIGHT HAND! Woohoo! i am recovering quickly :D

jen, wtg with your loss :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

i don't want to get too carried away with typing.

be back soon. :grouphug:

luv u's
es

mscat816
06-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi Ladies - I am having a great day - 20 points available on my WW plan and 32 oz of water in so far. Working on the next 16 before I leave the office at 6. It is funny how I feel lighter after just 1 and 1/2 days of staying on plan.

Since I am really into tracking, I am amazed at the amount of the right foods I can eat. I know I am going to have a successful evening - hope all of you do too!

ES - so glad you are recovering!

Sandy and Leeann - thanks for the warm welcome.

mscat :wave:

Zoe
07-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Good FRIDAY morning!! Yes, I'm here on a Friday......no work....Woo Hoo!!! Vacation is OFFICIALLY here! :D:D:D But, (there's always a BUT) I have sooooo much to do so I'm on my way out. Pedicure, nails done, a little shopping for some last minute items.....then I can relax. We don't leave until Sunday morning but I'm still ON vacation NOW! :dance:

ES ~ Wow, you are really recouperating FAST!! I'm so glad. You sound great and to be typing with your right hand is amazing! Get some rest though.

mscat ~ You seem to be on track now. Good goin'! Keep up the good work!

Jen ~ How are YOU feeling? Hope all is well and your knee it feeling good.

Dianne ~ I'm SOOOooooo sorry that I never acknowledged you reaching your goal. I am so, so sorry. WTG!! I have been as close as .7 to my 10% and just haven't gotten there yet. And now, with vacation, it will be another 2 or more weeks. :( anyway, congrats to you!!

Terri WTG on your loss too. Everyone is going so well......everyone but me that is. :rolleyes: I have GOT to get on the ball here.

Hi L.J., Sandy, LeeAnn and (did I miss something??? Cindy?) I hope I didn't miss anyone. I brian isn't functioning well with all I have to do.

I'll be back before I leave for Vegas.

Love you's,
Me

WWEnthusiast
07-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi All....yep I'm still here.... still struggling....what is UP with that!! :mad: What's up with that.....I'm not focused......Now we're talking 10-15 lbs people.... Every day, every SINGLE day I say "today is the day" sometimes by the end of 'that' day I call a :coach: Do-Over, sometimes it takes 2-3 days before the white flag is dropped.....and I am going absoulutely (sp?)
NO WHERE :ebike: Spinnng my wheels...! So who am I fooling? It's not that I don't want to do my program - I have no idea what the heck it is... Sometimes I think I MUST want to gain back the 55 lbs I lost so I can...GEE, let's see......start all over again!! OK so the 10 lbs is no longer 10 lbs...I knew this would happen.....so easy to gain and such an act of Congress to lose!!
I have not had a chance to read 'everything' but to those 'losers' Congrats!! To those struggling like me....let's keep on keeping on....
To those celebrating wonderful things....congrats....To those with things not so good, you are in my thoughts....
So tomorrow we are faced with a Community BBQ and I have already made the decision to be the best I can. I know me, I won't overindulge so that's a good thing......I will continue my points but I need to keep it Wendie Way on counting so I don't have to second guess how many points I will have in any given day.
Oh....I am doing points, in case some of you are confused on "what is she doing now" :lol: :lol:
I will check back here tomorrow or Sunday...have a great, safe weekend...
Ciao for now...........Lj

Jen,
CONGRATS at the loss. 15 down. You can do this.
Hope you are enjoying your summer.

L.J.
Good luck. We are hear. Vent anytime you want. We all will have advice for you cause we all went and are still going through a lot of what you are. You are not alone. Stay with us. We all need each other. Your post makes me feel that I am not alone too.

mscat,
Glad to hear you are doing well. I love that in control feeling. I can feel thinner just by thinking differently. Great job.
The chicken was so good.
The bellydancing sounds like so much fun.

Es,
I am so glad that you are doing well. :D Hope the pain is gone for good.

Leeann,
Yes soda can be used. We used the metal stand too. It was so good.
I love Shelties. My sister's died a few yrs. ago. He was sooooo cute.
Glad you had a good time.

Sandy,
Yes he came back and it is so nice. I missed him so much. Your baby will be off to college. WOW! Hope you are having a great time now.

Zoe,
Enjoy your vacation. I know I don't have to tell you that.

We have been busy here. I love taking Bradley to the pool. He makes friends so easily. I don't have to play with him in the water til they start leaving. :lol: I can sun bathe and read. I love the exercising. I also love that I can swim laps without getting tired until like the 8th lap. Used to be 1. :lol:

I hope y'all have a wonderful 4th of July.

Terri

Jenny523
07-03-2005, 08:05 AM
WHOOOHOOO We're on vacation too :D Friday was our last day, we have an entire week off :sunny: The mayhem at work is over with for another year, and now I can relax for a week. We've got some small projects to do around the house, hopefully get in some shopping, and just plain veg in the pool.

Yesterday we had a birthday party here for Matthew, he turned 5 last Monday. We bought him his first two-wheeler bike, he loves it. I wouldn't be surprised if the training wheels come off before school starts in September.

While I prepared a healthy menu...beef sandwiches and a huge tossed salad, some of the snacks that others brought were very tempting, as was the cake. That was yesterday, however, and as Dianne has always said...life gets in the way. Today I'll be fine.

Es,
It's good to see that you're doing so well. Do you have a cast? Will you need therapy?

Zoe,
Enjoy your Vegas trip!

HI :wave: to all. I'm going to run....everyone spent the night, and I can hear some of them starting to stir.

Happy 4th!!!!!!

~Jen

Zoe
07-03-2005, 08:33 AM
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

I'll miss ya's......Oh, I lost .5 this week. I guess it's better than going UP.
Talk to you's when I get back.

Me <><

WWEnthusiast
07-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Happy 4th ALL to you and your families.....

Can't stay just want to say I did not fair as well I thought I would Sat and Today...opps!!! Oh well....and so it goes.....there's always tomorrow :D

Hope you all had enjoyable weekends and those on vacation ENJOY!!!! Well deserved I am sure!!

See you all back here tomorrow or during the week!!

Ciao for now....Lj

Rios426
07-04-2005, 07:38 AM
HI :)

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Jen, you are doing so well. You finally heard the click. I'm doing pretty good. My hand still hurts but each day it gets better. I have it wrapped in gauze & an ace bandage & a sling. I go to the dr. Wed. I don't think I need PT. Happy belated birthday to Matt. :balloons: Have fun by the pool.

Terri, swimming is a great cardio workout. You have such great kids. Who wouldn't want to hang out with them. :D

LJ, you are not alone. It's tough! I just kind of "do the best I can". I used to stress too much over being off program but not anymore:nono: Take one day at a time. We will do this. You know we can.

Hi Dianne/amiga, Mscat, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth & Janie.

Have a great day my friends. :grouphug:

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
07-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Zoe,
you're right..... .5 IS better than going up! A loss is a loss. Hope you're enjoying your trip.

LJ,
hang in there, one day at a time, right? You can do it!

Es,
It seems as tho you're having an excellent recovery. Hope all goes well with the dr. Remember when I had the toe surgery back in Feb 2004? I realize now that I should have had some type of therapy; the toe is misshapen, doesn't act right. Too late now, I suppose :shrug:

We had a quiet 4th of July; a terribly huge storm blew through here t about 1:30 p.m., with drizzles the remainder of the day. We didn't go to the fireworks that were scheduled for last night. Spent a lazy day watching tv and working on my cross stitch. I'm doing a wedding piece for Joey and Ili.

My big news...purchased a new car today! :D What fun to drive. It's a 2005 Toyota Highlander. I love it already.

Had a difficult weekend in terms of food. Today I tried to keep things lighter, am looking forward to the remainder of the week being strictly OP. Of course, being on vacation sure doesn't help!

HI to all,
~Jen

Rios426
07-06-2005, 06:31 AM

Getting ready to go to the Dr. I'll be back later.

Jen, I'm still having a hard time with my thumb. He'll probably send me for therapy.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
07-06-2005, 08:26 AM
SEE YOU ON #174!!!

dpadro
07-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Good morning my buddies:

Feel's like I haven't been here in ages.......oh, wait.......I haven't :devil: I started vacation last Friday too and on Saturday we went to Philadelphia to pick up my DIL and the kids. They spent a few days with us, barbecues, pool, fireworks, etc. We then dropped the kids off at their other grandparents and they will stay with them for a week in NY while my DIL comes back to Philly - we just brought her back last night and we stayed over. This is the first time in a long time that she will be without the kids for a whole week - she really needs a break. She's going to school to reinstate her nursing degree - R.N. Its been rough on her since she and my son split up, but she's doing really well now - I'm very proud of her (and not so proud of him!) Willie's sleeping and I'm on line to check out some sites to see - we'll spend the day here. I'm on vacation until July 19th - we'll just take some day trips into Jersey (beaches), Manhattan and most of all the backyard :lol:

Es, amiga, so glad to hear you're doing so well after the surgery :smug: I'm glad you're not in a lot of pain. Is Pete home with you this week?

Jen - congrats on your loss :bravo: 15 lbs is fantastic and you lost it so quickly :cheers: You're doing a great job! :hb: to Matthew - I bet he will be riding that bike without the training wheels by summer's end - kids these days learn quicker that we did :lol:

ZoeGirl - Enjoy your LV trip - hope you have a ball. Congrats on your loss too :bravo: Glad to hear Jenna's birthday went so well. How is the little mommy-to-be feeling?

MsCat - Glad you decided to join us - we are a WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING group of women :lol: :p :devil: And also very modest :smug: No, but seriously, we are all here for each other to support, congratulate and talk about whatever, so you've come to the right place!

Terri - what was that about bear butt chicken??? :lol: I kinda missed that post! Glad to hear the kids are having a good summer. Is Britts still working?

LeeAnn - Hi there - sounds like you had a great time at the Sheltie reunion - I don't know what a sheltie looks like, but I do know its a dog :lol: Sounds like you're gonna have a beautiful garden. Willie is really getting into that - we have flower pots on the steps of the house, hanging in various places, etc. Really pretty. We have some small trees in the backyard but the guy who lived here before us made sure he cut them in various places so they are kind of half standing, half laying down - what a jerk! Oh, walking my zipcode turned out to be people going out in groups of 3 or 4 and each group was given a 10 block radious to walk and talk to people about the church, etc. I didn't know that was what we were doing - I was under the impression that a whole huge group was gonna walk together and walk much further. But it was some exercise anyway.

L.J. - I know you're struggling, but at least you haven't given up. Just keep taking one day at a time - don't look at the BIG picture. Sometimes we have to take baby steps. Hang in there girl!

Hi Sandy, how are you doing? Is Greg going to a theatre camp? Hard to believe he's going off to college in the fall isn't it? Time goes so fast. I still can't believe my baby girl Alana has graduated College - unreal!

Well, let me get some breakfast while willie's still sleeping. I love my "quiet time" - I have been going out on the deck and having my coffee and reading my paper and thanking God everyday for bringing me there. Sometimes we really do have to stop and realize the blessings we have. I count all of you as one of my many.......!

Hope everyone on vacation enjoys their time off! I'll talk to you's when I get back to Staten Island.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
07-06-2005, 09:10 AM
SEE YOU ON #174!!!