South Beach Diet - Beach Chat - Thursday, June 2

View Full Version : Beach Chat - Thursday, June 2

Ruthxxx
06-02-2005, 06:55 AM
A gorgeous day is cranking up in the wee village of Delta. Once I get my knee fixed, this will be my walking time. For now, join me on the deck for coffee and the cardinal and robin will serenade us.

I am pretty tired today from a huge Village planting day and still am not finished. However, I think I'l focus on my own planting this morning. Jane comes at noon and I need to go to get groceries. I have a meeting tonight for Communities in Bloom so it's going to be a busy day again. :shrug:

What's happening with you today? Come and set a bit. :cofdate:

MarineTubaMom
06-02-2005, 08:14 AM
ARGH i just sat here and typed all this stuff and it didn't upload... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh well i'll just retype it later when i have time

love ya'll!!!!!! have a great day!

soon2Bfab
06-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Morning ladies!!! Ruth - you are one busy lady!!! Marine - good morning!
I'm eating some eggs w/ salsa...then off to work! I'll see you ladies later! Jenn - I did my crunches today!!!!
Have a great day!!

mama.dragon
06-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Ruth, I hope you saved me some coffee. I didn't sleep worth the trouble to go to bed. DD is still sleeping so I'm hoping to eat breakfast and get to physical therapy without her.

Of course we start a new month challange and I'm stalled again.

Aileen, it did that to me yesterday.

Soon, don't you feel better having done your crunches? Have a good work day.

Lydia

beach bum
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

My left arm is feeling better today,but the medicine the doctor gave me as very bad side effects. :devil: BLEEDING is involved. His instructions were to take ONE and 10 mins before I go to bed, for 10 days. (mg are 15)Don't think I have to worry too much. Why oH Why do medicines have so many side effects. I think I need lots & lots of of coffee :coffee2: this morning.

Going out to walk along the beach,with my hand weight :strong: just like Laurie suggested to me yesterday. I also going to jump some rope for 5 mins and stepping for the other 25 mins.Total amouint of exercising will be 60 mins. that a start. Right!!

Ruth-You are a busy lady,hope your knee heals fast so you can take those beautiful :flow1::flow1:walks.

Marine-Computers, :comp: that happens to me on another board I post on.See you later.

Soon-Have a nice day,eggs & salsa :hungry: I have to give that a try, instead of my same old V8.

Mama-Sorry :sorry:you missed your ZZZZZ's.Hope you find them tonight.

Have a great day Hugs:) BB

angelshine90
06-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Good morning ladies I got to sleep in this morning ahhhh IT was SO nice!! I am working 5-9 tonight...I woke up to a nice pot of coffee....soo great! Now I am just planning out my day...prob doing laundry and cleaning up around here....right now decidind on breakfast.....how many times do you ladies weigh yourself???? should i be doing it every morning or ONCE a morning???

<3
chels

jenne1017
06-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Morning!

Back to work and hating it! Would much rather be home with my babies!!!

Soon2B -- yay for crunches. I am going to do mine tonight! I have been out to walk though the last 3 of 4 days so Yay!

BeachBum, feel better :)

Everyone else, have a good day on the beach!!!

mamaeli
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
HI ladies. I think I'm out of my funk from yesterday. (Thank God!) But it's still raining.... :(

Good News! Can I get a drumroll? Measurement results from Curves yesterday: down 11.5 inches :D

Hope you knee feels better, Ruth, and your arm/side effects, Beachbum. And maybe you could get a nap in sometime today, Mama? My new breakfast favorite is eggs with whatever veggies I have handy to throw in, black beans, salsa, and cottage cheese on top, Fab, so I, too, enjoyed mine this am. Angel, I weight myself "officially" every am, and them just out of naughtiness darn near every time I walk into the bathroom in the afternoon. Very bad habit. I think the recommended is once a week. Marinemom--try not to get wet in this rain, eh?

Hope all you chickie have a great day. I must finish cleaning out my desk. Today is officially my last day as a teacher. :( and :)

LOVE2C135
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Congratulations on the inches lost Mamaeli! That's great!

Chels, I've heard lots of chicks say once a week, but I'm way too compulsive. I weigh at least every morning and every night. I think I'm a scale addict. I just can't stop myself! I aspire to be a once a week checker!

Well, I'm into day 3 of Phase II and the scale is up from 188.0 to 188.8. I've been really careful about what I've added back in, so I've decided not to change anything yet. I added a cup of strawberries per day. Does it ever happen that people just don't lose once they add any carb back in? I was on Atkins before this plan and never made it out of induction because of the fear of gaining. Reassurance anyone?

Have a great day everyone!

gofishin50
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
:cool: :wave:Great day on the beach 2all u BEACHIN BABES!!! Beautiful day on the rise in Rockwall 2day:smoking:!! Hv 2go to work n a few:tantrum:,just wanted to say howdy:flow2:!! Plan on doing crunches:jig: and leg exercises b4 go(celulite) :o Lost those 3 pesky lbs again:encore:,,shampoo'd all the carpets for 6hrs ystrdy..:shrug:Not sure how that adds up on exercise,but I was exhausted when done...:balloons:Sorry so many BEACH BABES hv aches and pains,,get better soon:cheer:...2all Hv a GREAT DAY:dance: on ur beach towels...GOFISHIN:dancer:

angelshine90
06-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I think i am a scale addict......uh O.....

LOVE2C135
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
You're not alone... ;)

Country Charm
06-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Good Thursday morning everyone! Working for me today ~ on day 8 of phase 1 with Vacation looming over my head next week.
Hope you all have a greaaaaaaaaat day!

Tracy

HottieInHiding
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Good Morning all! Hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day Weekend (in the states!) We didn't go anywhere except locally, but we've been busy bees! Kids started swim lessons and we are at the pool for 2 hours everyday! I love it - we aren't members at this pool, but since we take lessons we're allowed to swim. The first lesson is at 11:00, the second is at 12:00 so we end up being there about 2 hours and it's great!

I'm down to 248 - just missed reporting my weight for the stats, but I lost 7 lbs from my start weight. (It's actually 11 since I gained - but I was still counting 255 as my start ;) ) Things are great. I like Phase II better than Phase I and I'm losing more. Go figure.

Gotta get the exercising in more. DH says he's gonna exercise with me, but never has time. So, I guess I gotta get myself going then.

Have a super day all!!!

Christy

ilovemyluckycat
06-02-2005, 11:19 AM
;) Morning to all!

I'm taking a wonderful and well deserved work break to stop by and have a cup of coffee with you.

Joined the gym and had a good workout. My friend pointed out that the more you weigh the more calories you burn! :strong: Finally a plus to weighing more!!

Back to work! Hope everyone has time today to relax and stop to smell the roses as they say! :)

SANDI

akihega
06-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Good morning! I'm off work today, so while everyone else is at work, I'm getting MY stuff done! It's nice.

Ruth - what are you having done to your knee? I just had surgery 1 month ago and I'm still in PT, which is good/hard/tiring. They just scoped it and cleaned out the arthritis and a torn cartiledge (sp?). Anyway, I feel for ya! But hopefully, they will be able to take away the pain! Mine is much better.

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!

RNMOM
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
It's freezing here in my neck of the woods! sheesh, I guess we must have had spring and summer two days ago!

sounds like you are all busy and doing well on the beach!

Going for the 30 mile bike ride on Saturday. If I don't come back and post you'll know I didn't survive the trip :lol:

Hey! June is National "Reach your Weightloss Goals" Month! Don't you agree!? ;)

anchor weight
06-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Morning chicks!

It's my morning of beauty. However I don't know why I bother. :lol: It's not like anyone gets to worship my beautiness! :lol: But onward and upward I got my nails done and toenails. I have to go to the tanner and then get the hair dyed and trimmed and overgrown eyebrows ripped out. :lol:

There are so many posts I know I can't get to everyone.

To the scaleaholics - as long as weighing yourself every day doesn't make you nuts. :dizzy: It makes me nuts :dizzy: so I can only do it once a week.

Mamaeli - I'm with ya on the feeling crappy! I'm still in the PMS trenches. Congrats on the inches.

Bamiegurl
06-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey all! A drive by for me. I'm off with the girls again! Still tryin to get DD's ID. I never knew it was such a hassle to get a stinkin picture ID! UGH! I have got to get in here more I cannot even keep up on the posts right now! Well I'm off to finish getting ready to hit the road. Have a great day all!

beachgal
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Wow...lots of posts. It's nice to see the daily so active even though it's getting more and more attractive outside! :D We have 85 degrees and blue skies with a couple puffy white clouds. So nice!

I have a huge pile of homework due in a couple hours so have to dash off and put the final touches on it. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :D

I weigh every morning. It keeps me informed on the effects of what I'm doing and motivates me. Like others have said...if it makes you crazy, do it when you can deal with it. :yes:

Have a great day, chickies! :sunny:

lbest3
06-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and was wondering how things operate around here. I'm in phase 2 of the SBD.

Ruthxxx
06-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Whizzing through! I did get some planting done this morning and then the pump stopped giving me water! :( I had to do my Third World act and lug pails put into the field from the house. Moel got it working again this afternoon. Jane came at noon to bne with Harry and I went to town for groceries and some potting soil. It sure was hot but tomorrow will be more moderate.

I am off to make a BBQ chicken and salad supper as I'm being picked up at 6:15 to go to the County Community In Blooms meeting with our deputy mayor in his new red truck. I just hope I can get up into it with my darn knee. Five more sleeps until I get the cortisone shot!

Gotta dash and figure out something cool and kewl to wear to the meeting.

2BFIT1
06-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Wow...lots of posts. It's nice to see the daily so active even though it's getting more and more attractive outside! :D We have 85 degrees and blue skies with a couple puffy white clouds. So nice!
Laurie, I'm happy that you are having some nice weather. It has been raining here since last Saturday and supposed to continue through the weekend. :crazy:

I can't wait until the sun comes out again :beach: and I can get alittle color on these legs.

P.S. I'm a scale-ho :goodscale

2BFIT1
06-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Welcome lbest3~~Feel free to join in on the daily and also on any of the other posts. Tell us alittle bit about yourself. You're doing great on your weight loss :bravo:

Bamiegurl
06-02-2005, 10:53 PM
lbest3...Welcome aboard! You are in the right place! lol

I'm a scale ho as well! I weigh everyday!

KellyBelly
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone!
I thought I'd jump in here at the end of the day and do a little reading. This is my 10th day on phase 1, I weighed on Monday and was down 4 pounds. I'm really trying not to step on the scales again until next Monday....especially since I started my period yesterday. Ugh. Tummy Bloat City! But I've worked out 3 days this week so far and plan on 2 more.