Old 05-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Week of May 29 . . . .

Well I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #2  
LBTEPA

What's the holiday? Man, I could do with one today, my legs are sore and the baby is having a reaction to her injections and also getting teeth so I've had a few interrupted nights (yawn). Still, I am loving myself sick today b/c I ran a 10km fun run (fun, ha!) yesterday without walking any of it (Look up Run to the G on google if you want to see what I've been up to). 10km is a Massive PB in distance (I did an 8km 3 weeks ago and have only ever done 7km on the treadmill) so I am chuffed. A wonderful thing happened during the last 2km. It was the hilliest part of the course (so wrong! so hard!) and I 'hit the wall' - no more legs, no more will - so I said a rude word and stopped running. Then 2 women - who weren't running together and didn't know each other- started to encourage me and tell me I could do it, and that they'd been running behind me all the way and I'd got them to this point so they'd make sure I got to the end. It was just magical. One woman ran off but the other one ran with me until almost the end. That's what thos events are all about for me - everyone encouraging each other to keep trying.
Have a great holiday all you US people
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:13 PM   #3  

LB, the holiday is Memorial Day here in the States. It is a time to thank and remember all of the servicemen (and women) who have fought for our country and to pay special tribute to those men and women who have lost their lives for our freedom.

It is also the un-official start of the summer season. With a lot of picnics and BBQ's and getting together with family members. I will be visiting both my Gma and Gpa on my moms side and my Gma on my dads side.

Take care of yourself in the next couple of days, and maybe enlist the help of hubby to take care of the baby.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:48 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Once again, sorry for being scarse. (sp?) I've been going through a bit of a rough time. I had another interview last week that I was sure I nailed. Friday they emailed to tell me they went with someone else. I cannot imagine why, they told me my test scores (an online MS test I took) were better than the other candidates, and I came away from the interview feeling really good, like I gave all the right answers and asked great questions, KWIM? So I'm waiting for a response back from them as to why I wasn't chosen.

The diet has gone to crap the past couple weeks too. I'm extremely stressed out because of my job, and because of Robby. You've heard me vent about the job before...nothing's changed. Robby is on a nursing strike though, and hasn't latched on since Wednesday or Thursday. I've been pumping around the clock, and it's really draining me. I think part of it is because he's becoming more nosey about his surroundings and wants to look around, part because he's got a little cold and is stuffy, and partly just plain old stubborness...he won't even look at my boob...screams bloody murder whenever I put him in position! It's very frustrating!

So that's my pitiful story in a nutshell these days. I haven't had much encouraging to say, so I've just been reading. I'm trying to have a good attitude everything though. Maybe I can get back to Curves this week too...it's been just about 2 wks.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #5  
LBTEPA

Hi Lisa
Memorial Day is like Anzac Day then. Hope you enjoyed your holiday
my DH is spot-on with looking after DD and often gets up to her; it's just she wakes up so often when she is unwell. She's on the mend now though
Sending encouraging thoughts to you LBH, it's so hard when nothing seems to be going right. Hang in there.
Big hi and have a great day to everyone
Old 05-31-2005, 08:37 AM   #6  

Default WooHoo!!

Congratulations, LBTEPA!!!

I'm so happy for you for completing your 10K run! What a fantastic accomplishment...It must be so empowering

Here's a happy dance for you

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:46 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

We lost my FIL last night after a very long illness. I won't be around this week.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:59 AM   #8  
LBH

Karen, I'm soo sorry. {{{HUGS}}}
Old 05-31-2005, 09:36 PM   #9  

Karen I am sorry to hear that. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa
Old 05-31-2005, 10:08 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen--Sorry to hear about the news..Take care of DH!!

Lauen--SOrry things are not working in the job dept..If only they would tell U the truth of why u werent hired..It is almost like people get scared of "very qualified" people..

Diet wise..doing wonderful..M-inLaw is visiting and I stay out of her way and the kitchen..She is making me nuts..K has been sick since Friday evening with the "reactive airway disease" and of course extremely hyper on Albuteral syrup and inhaler..She always has a smart a$$ comment about her behavior and it is starting to pi$$ me off..
Well..off to bed...3:30 am comes early!!
Hello to all I missed!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:57 AM   #11  
LBTEPA

Karen - so sorry for your loss (hugs) take care

RR- good on you for hanging in there with your diet when things are so hard to handle

Thanks Edith!! My very own happy dance I am feeling very empowered (I have a real strut in my step now that my legs have stopped hurting LOL) Especially when I think about how I started running 1 min walking 4min all those months ago It was great to share it with my Mum too - she did the 4km event.
Take care everyone
Old 06-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the support. I thought we would be having a service by today, but it won't be until Friday, so I will be around a little. He was sick for about 13 years, so it wasn't totally unexpected, but still a surprise. He had a very bad heart, bad liver and was on dialysis. He had been down the shore for the weekend, got to visit with his brother, see his boat and visit with all his friends down there. Then they were having a BBQ in the backyard with alot of friends, he got to eat and have dessert (they didn't always let him have dessert because he was diabetic) and got up to go in to the bathroom. He didn't make it. The paramedics told MIL that he was probably dead before he hit the ground. So, while it's sad that he's gone, he was able to do so much this weekend. And he was able to go peacefully. With his friends around. And MIL didn't have to go in and find him gone which is what she was afraid of. It's almost like he planned it.

Lauren and Lisa: Thank you! I appreciate it very much.

RR: He was DH's, well, not even stepfather because they weren't married, but they had been together for over 30 years. He was the only father figure that DH had tho. His real father passed away when he was 3. I'm not sure how he's handling it. He seems to be fine, which a little scary to me. He hasn't acted upset. I'm sure the memorial service will be the hard part for him. Sorry about your MIL. She sounds like a real PITA. I don't know how you keep from either smacking her or telling her to shut the heck up. I hope the visit is over soon and that K is feeling better soon. I hate people that expect children (especially toddlers) to act like little adults.

LB: Congrats on the race!! That is a real accomplishment. You have a right to be proud.

Have a great week.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #13  

Hi all, I know I've been m.i.a. for a while, but I've tried to only use the computer for job searching - to keep me connected to my real life and not hiding online. I've been keeping up with exercise, and am working on getting my fat grams down considerably. I find I don't come close to using all my calories on a given day, but am going over on my fat intake. Damn half and half - sucking up to 15 grams of fat a day for a couple cups of coffee!

Hope you are all well,

Amy
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #14  

Welcome back moma! It's good to see you've made some progress. Even if it isn't as much as you would have liked it to be. (Ya can't win them all)

Karen, just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Your husband may not show any signs of pain. My ex. had to "be strong for his mother and younger sisters". My suggestion would be to gently try and get him to express his feelings, if he feels like talking. And when he finally does grieve, just be there with him.

Lauren - I know how frustrating that situation can be as well. I will add you to my prayers too.

RR - are you a shopper? Maybe you could relate to your MIL through shopping. If that's not possible, go to the mall without her. (lol) I am so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. (Sorry didn't mean to gloat)

Edith - What was that tracking site again that you mentioned a while ago? I would like to look at it, but cant remember. Too much other stuff being crammed in . . . school work that is. (lol)

Anyways, Hello to all that I didn't mention and talk at ya'll later.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Lisa, thanks for your prayers!

Moma, welcome back! Hope you find a job soon...me too! Pop in when you can!

Karen, sounds like FIL had a nice, happy ending. I'm sure that's some comfort to MIL the family.

LB, congrats on the run! Hope the baby's doing better!

RR, Ugh, kick her to the curb!

Daycare had a field trip to the zoo yesterday. DH went with them. It was pretty lame, of all things, the train and the petting zoo were closed! HELLO, you've got scores of preschoolers there and the two biggest attractions, for that age in my opinion, are closed?! This zoo is kind of lame anyway, but it's the only one around (Turtle Back, for Karen). And it was very poorly organized by daycare. DH actually took Peter back to see the monkeys, because they wanted them to stay all together, and they didn't get to see the monkeys! We've got to take them to a decent zoo this summer, I'd love to take them to the National Zoo in DC. I was there probably 10 yrs. ago and loved it, hope it's still as cool.

Robby is finally ending his nursing strike! woohoo! He latched on a couple times for a few sips Tuesday and last night, overnight, he got a good meal! I'm soo happy...and relieved!

Hope everyone is well!