South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 06:53 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking Tues. 5/24 Chick Chat

Crankin us up! Gotta go! DS and his hair awaits me! I'll be back!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:59 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I could have sworn I started today's thread! Brain fart, I guess.

It's not raining, although it did last night, but it's cold, cloudy and darn windy! Please tell me this is NOT November and that Spring will come!!!

Two keen gardeners are arriving this morning to dig up some plants - they will dig, not me. I am going to try to get the urns at the Church planted today and maybe do some of my own garden work. However, I refuse to work when it's too cold so we shall see. The Girls are crabbing a bit this morning because I have closed the woodstove and it's chilly in the back room. I may need to knit them little sweaters!

The scale and I had an encounter this morning although I said I was going to ignore it. I'm up a pound from the weekend transgressions but won't change my ticker because I know it will drop off today.

What's going on around your Beach Umbrella? Come and chat.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:00 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Bamie and the rest of you chicks to come. It is a rainy yucky day here again today. It is starting to get depressing. I didn't get in yesterday as dh and I cleaned house, then I had a ton of paper work to do, which took most of the afternoon, then I went to the gym, then I taught my dance class. After all that I was tired. So dh and I snuggled and watched tv in bed.
As for today I am going to clean out my closet and finish my laundry and then do a little kitchen organizing. Not much happening with me..... What's up with you chicks??
Bamie-What are you doing to ds hair?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Little Chick. Isn't this crappy weather a drag!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:05 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

Morning Ruth you are right, I can't putter in my garden, not that I am much of a gardner but I like to pretend. Have a great day chick and that pesky pound will be gone before you know it. Have a great day.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #6  

Red face

Good morning all...
Just checking in. Very rainy gloomy day here, but need to keep my mood sunny! My youngest is very clingy this mrning so not sure what the day will hold as far as he goes. Made chocolate dipped strawberries last night. YUMMY!!
Little Chcik, your day sounds familiar to mine!! I will be continuing to organizi\e little mes spots in my apartment, My parents will be here in 9 days and my kids are so excited. It has been a little over 2 years since my oldest have seen them and this si the first time meeting for my youngest. Should be a really great visit.

Hope everyone has a great day, despite the weather if it is gloomy in your areas like it is here!

Trish
Old 05-24-2005, 07:37 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok I cannot believe the infomercial I just saw! It ain't no wonder people think SB is a fad diet. Have y'all seen The Ultimate South Beach Cleanse. It's a bottle of pills you take to "cleanse" your body of toxins and especially if your eating low carb! OMG!

Mornin Ruth...I looked at it several times before I started the thread cause I thought well Ruth is up am I missin it! lol Sounds like a lil to much happenin for you today. Take it easy!

Little Chick...DS broke his right arm last Thursday so I am on hair washing duty right now!

happymom101....Good Morning! How exciting for your lil ones! Where do your parents live? Take advantage of the clingy days...trust me they will soon be gone! lol

I need to get some cleaning done around here today. Y'all chicks have a great OP day!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

I had a DUH moment. I remember about the arm. Have fun cleaning.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #9  
beachbum

Morning Ladies

Up early this morn,as my back went out Ughhh!!, just can't win,and now we a waiting the big Nor'easter that heading to us shortly. Predicting 60 MPH Gusts along with the heavy down pours. I guess my formal at the Nursing home is out. No one will be out on the roads with this heading though us.

Bamie-Thanks for starting us up.Hope we all stay on the beach,holding down those beach umbrellas.

Ruth-Sorry the scale didn't move in the right direction,mine moved up also ,but I'm changing my offical W-I to Wednesday as I finding that my weight in is down on that day.I don't know why but I think its being on Phase 3 on Sundays. According to an article I read in a health journal that when we eat it takes 39 hrs{woman}31 hrs{men} for food to pass though the colon and out the body.So its not what you eat the day before is two day before. Does that make sense.

Little Chick-Don't get depressed!! We're all in the Weather together. Remember stress leads to over eating.

Trish-Try to stay in a Sunny Mode on this rainy stormy day. I love anything made of of chocolate . The chocolate covered strawberries do sound Yummy.

Havbe anice beach day Hugs BB
Old 05-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #10  

Good morning all you beautiful chicks!
what a crappy day out! it looks like night time out there! and it feels like the end of November NOT the end of May!!!
The scale and I had a bit of a fight this morning...It said that i was back up to 144 but i dont beleive it....and just to show it who is boss I threw the whole stupid scale in the back of my closet and slammed the door!...I will now only weigh myself once a week.
Lisa and I went to the gym yesterday...I ran for a bit and then we rode the bike...wasn't too bad....I got Josh to do South beach with me i am very happy about it!! last night we made a whole batch of the "brownies"/fudge.... that only tastes good frozen...but at least we will snack on those instead of the bad REAL brownies!]

alright i have a feeling this isn't going to be a very good day.....love yeah

chels
Old 05-24-2005, 08:25 AM   #11  

good morning, my new beachy friends.

my first day on SBD yesterday went really well. i am so surprised at how full i feel all the time on this diet. i can't figure out if i'm bloated or what (i have been drinking water up the wazoo) but i am really, genuinely full.

i did weight watchers for about three years and i never felt that full. strange.

anyway, i'm looking forward to another good day. no major cravings yet.

there are two events -- well, three actually -- coming up in the next two weeks of phase one that i have to prepare myself for.

one is a dessert party tomorrow for a coworker. plan: i'm going to bring jell-o as my dessert. (and i might also try to get rid of the watermelon DH and i bought a day before starting SBD -- don't ask me why we bought it!)

next will be a wedding this weekend. i love wine and champagne, and it's going to be hard for me to do without those. i'm guessing the food won't be a huge issue. there's usually some sort of chicken and veggies at weddings these days. anyway, i'm going to just have to promise myself that i'll reward my efforts with a glass of wine as soon as these two weeks are over.

the third is that i'm going to a writers retreat. i thought i would be into P2 by then, but it looks like i'll have three days of P1 left. strategy: bring OP snacks with me (it's a camp setting and you can bring your own cooler) and enjoy the activities offered, like canoeing, kayaking, hiking and yoga.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:56 AM   #12  

Good morning, everyone. Aren't I on early this morning.....it's not my planning period yet, but since all but one of my first period have been kicked out of school , it's pretty low key in here. Had a day yesterday---had to do homeschool for one of my "sweeties" after work (oh, and yes, luckycat, I do middle school, for two more days anyway) then picked up DS and changed clothes at the sitters. Walked around the lake again with the stroller, including the 1.5 mile "very hilly trail." DH doesn't believe me that it's that hilly, but has he ever come with me? NOOOO. And he had no sympathy for my sore legs....Anyway, had to go to Whole Foods to get organic strawberries (conventional are one the most pesticided foods you can buy) and blueberries for DS birthday party today. (He choose strawberries over cupcakes! Good boy. ) Although it killed me to not even bite one to "see how sweet it was!" I love that store, but darnit it's expensive. That's a $20 fruit salad! But the kids will enjoy it, I guess......his theme is Thomas the Tank Engine, and he's very excited. But back to Whole Foods, as I was loading up the van, DS was throwing everything out of my purse. I stopped him and thought I got everything. As soon as I walked in the door--at 7:45 and still no supper!--DH comes to me and says "Where's the checkbook?" Turns out someone found it in the parking lot! Thank God for good Samaritans. Some unscrupulous person really could have done us some harm.

Anyway, have discovered that I cannot drink coffee before eating anymore. I did that this am, and felt soooo sick. Barely make it to the sitters before something bad happened. Still embarassing....By the way, had a South Beach frozen "dinner" for breakfast, the pork, pecans, and green beans/yellow peppers in a savory sauce, it was pretty good and filling. I ate it in my classroom as my student came in. I'd recommend it.

So, skye, that writer's conference sounds very fun. What group are you part of? Ruth, I hope you really did have good rest yesterday. And for all you wet chicks up north---may I break into song?---"the sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar on tomorrowwwwwww........" Sunshine and warmness vibes your way from sunny NC.

: down 2 lbs today!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chickies!

I'm feeling pretty good now that my deadline has come and gone. I just have one more and we should be past all this nonsense. I have to come up with a better way to keep all this paperwork. This is a very heavy paperwork business.

Bami - I wouldn't take the metamucil pills unless you are a very good pill taker. They have a warning on them that if you don't drink enough water while taking them they can dissolve in your throat and block your airway. With your family's history in the emergency room I wouldn't take the chance. Benefiber has pills you can chew without water. That sounds pretty good. Can you clean my house?

Sorry about all the bad weather in the NE - we are still a little cool - 47 this morning but at least we are having bouts of sunshine and rain. I'm glad I got the garden in this weekend. It is some kind of unwritten rule that memorial weekend must be crappy in Michigan. There is a huge flea market on Memorial day that I may go to.

That little girl was back to picking on DS again yesterday. DS said everyone hates her. I told him to keep his cool for two more weeks and then he is free for the summer. Then starts the very expensive summer camp season.

Does anyone know how many calories they average per day? I put my stuff through fit day yesterday and is was around 1500. I considered it to be a pretty OP day. Is that too many calories?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #14  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks!

The scale gods are smiling this morning! I am down another 2 pounds and wearing yet another outfit I haven't been able to wear for years...I am very pumped.

DH and I are going on vacation next week and I am sincerely looking forward to that. My grandparents live at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia and we are going to hang out with them and swim, boat, and play cards...We go every year and we have a blast!

It is really dark and yucky here today, so I can relate to most of you guys...I have a ton of work to do, but I must browse through the threads.

You guys have a great day!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #15  
Gryffindor Pride

What a lovely (read: cold, rainy, windy, foggy) New England day it is here! Angelshine and I are sitting at our desks getting ready for the day. The office has that dingy pale tint to it that comes from cloudy days with the lights on. Blah. I brought my lunch today (part-skim Moz. cheese and tomato salad) and for breakfast I had a hard boiled egg and celery (I took the adivce to add some veggies in the morning). I notice that I save a lot more money when I bring my lunch and don't buy fast food for breakfast.

I hope all you ladies have a lovely morning! I can't motivate myself to write more, it's just too yucky out.
Closed Thread