Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  

Default would this be a point food or CORE?

Buckwheat pancake - what do you think? Is it core because it's buckwheat or should it be points?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

if it has flour of any kind it's a points food. (i think.) what do the rest of you think?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, buckwheat is Core. I guess if it didn't have any flour or other non-Core ingredient, then it would be Core. Some believe that any baked good is non-Core. As far as I know, the last ruling was Core ingredient plus Core ingredient is a Core product. You still have to be careful of red light trigger foods even if the ARE Core. Red light trigger foods should be avoided. I have to be careful with avocado and edamame.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Is it pure buckwheat, or does it have flour in it?

Vickie, I'm not on Core - what is a red light trigger food? Core foods that trigger cravings?
Old 05-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jennifer, you're right! That's exactly what a red light trigger food is. WW constructed the Core list from the foods that didn't trigger overeating in the largest of the trial groups. They acknowledged though that some Core foods could be a problem for some people and cautioned that just because it is on the Core list didn't mean that it wasn't something that could be a problem for a small number of people. I eat avocado and edamame but I don't keep them in the house. I have no conception of "satisfied" with those two foods!

I was never successful with Flex but have been on Core since the end of September and I am loving it. I really can do this for the rest of my life.

BTW, this is one awesome website. Thanks for giving us this forum. WW doesn't have a Board devoted strictly to Core. We've developed quite a great bunch of regulars here. Couldn't have done it without you!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Ooooh, I love edamame. There are some great looking vegetarian frozen dinners at my regular store, but they have about 500 calories and a ton of fat, so I may never know if they are any good! I keep a bag of frozen edamame in my freezer and I dump in a handful with regular mixed veggies. Adds a nice texture to the same old boring stuff.

And thank you, Vickie, for being here!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:09 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Oh - and for me, the buckwheat pancake might not be a trigger food, but the sf syrup would be. Thin pancakes with all fruit jelly (a little goes a long way) spread across them and folded up are good. Even better is to add a thin slice of ham on top of that. Mmm!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wish I could trust myself with edamame in the freezer. Trader Joe's has a great frozen bag that are already cooked. Yum.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #9  

It has whole wheat flour and enriched bleach flour, so I am thinking maybe half core/half points? I use 0 cal/ 0 sugar syrup. I count the points for butter (love butter on my pancakes, my weakness). The good news is I hardly finish a pancake cause for some strange reason, they fill me quickly. I had a buckwheat pancake yesterday for breakfast and one for dinner. I had some activity points and my flex points, so they can go to that.
Closed Thread