Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #1  

Default ww scale.

Hi, I just bought a weight watchers scale at WALMART. Anybody know if the weight is less accurate than that of a meeting??
If so by how much over or under??

Thanks
Old 05-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Any scale can be inaccurate or accurate. Meeting scales are calibrated on a regular basis most scales at gyms or the doctor's offices are not calibrated very often. Your home scale can be accurate if you calibrate it.

If it is a digitial scale make sure it is on a hard, level surface that is in a low humidity area. Then tap or turn it on, let it register to 0 and then get on and let it register a weight. Repeat this 3 times and then it should be calibrated.

FYI you can check the accurancy by taking a 5 or 10 pound weight and weighing it to see what your scale registers.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:39 AM   #3  

How much did the WW scale run you?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #4  

It was 60 dollars. I am in Canada.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #5  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

It doesn't matter what scale I have bought for home cheap or expensive it has never jived with the WW scale. Right now as I am attending meetings I am staying off the scale during the week. I can fluctuate so much in a day it is pathetic. Once I get back the goal (I WILL GET THERE RIGHT?!!!!!) I need to try to find a scale to keep on top of it this time.
Someone on one of the forums mentioned that they still WI weekly at WW after lifetime
Can we do this? I for one should be going weekly even during lifetime
I sometimes think I must be a freak, but I can gain up to 7-8 lbs in a week without alot of effort
Let's face it just how hard is it to sit on the couch and fill your face LOL

Any suggestions as to is a good scale to keep at home?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #6  

Is there anything special about the WW compared to a regualr bathroom scale you buy?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #7  

Regular bathroom scales tend to measure by the half pound or pound only. I think the WW scale is by the tenths, like at the centers.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

You can go and attend meetings every week after lifetime. Depending on your region they may or may not let you weight each week.

FYI like I stated before you can have an accurate scale but you need to make sure to calibrate it any time it is moved or bumped hard. You should find a place where you can leave it and not move it..it should be low humidity too.
Closed Thread