Old 05-13-2005, 09:56 PM   #1  
Ginger

Wink Help

I NEED TO LOOSE 15 LBS BY MEMORIAL DAY. ANY ADVICE OR EATING TIPS ANYONE COULD GIVE ME?????!!!!

Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #2  

drink lots and lots and lots and oh did i say lots of water. exercise 20 minutes everyday as hard as you can. you'll see. have fun with it
evee1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:17 PM   #3  
Ginger

i excersice 1 hour on treadmill and 30 mins weight lifting, im having some water retention problems i drink like 15 glasses a day. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem...
Old 05-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Dreams if you are exercising, eating healthy, drinking your water and you still feel bloated you should see your doctor you may have another underlying problem... Because when you drink a lot of water regularly you should be flushing your system and not retaining water... Seek some help...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:24 AM   #5  

Also, with all of your cardio and lifting weights you are gaining muscle so the weight may not come off really quickly because you are adding muscle weight. You will be more toned and have less fat but the scale might not show it.

AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

That's a good point AmberM...

Dreams -- Are you going to the washroom often to get rid of of the water you are drinking? If so that's good and that bloated feeling may be muscles and muscles are very very good, eventually the weight will go down... Is the bloated feeling in your hands and feet? If so that's not good ...Don't rely on the scale too much when you are adding muscle... It's much better to have muscle because it is smaller and muscles revs your metabolism even at rest...Also check ou the Fat vs. Muscle pic in my signature.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #7  
Ginger

i drink so much water, the bloating is in my stomach. I cnt seem to get rid of it.. HELP
Old 05-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Dreams -- ARE you going to the washroom often ? If so, then the bloating may just be fat and with time that will go down with a good exercise and food plan...
Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Dreams- Maybe you should try cutting back on the sodium in your diet? It may be helping you to retain water. Most people have way more sodium in their diet then they are aware of. Got to watch out for those frozen dinners...

Also, why are you in such a rush to lose the weight? 15lbs by Memorial Day is a lot. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed and give up if you only make it 5 or 10 lbs, both would be great accomplishments. Especially if you look smaller because you have lost inches. Sound like your going about things the right way with exercise and eating healthy, just stick with it.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote