South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 01:27 AM   #1  
Darrell's Girl

Default I posted some pictures

I posted some pictures of our family in case you were interested in seeing us

http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gal...0&ppuser=30908

hopefully that link will work.... i wanted to show you John (my marine), Adam (my tuba player) and Olivia (my princess) and of course, my handsome hubby...

i love looking at all of the pictures in the galleries.... thought i would share

hugs!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #2  
beachbum

Tuba Mom

Thanks for sharing your photos with us..It looks like you have a wonderful musical family.

Hugs BB
Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aren't they great! I must get in there and post some of my family too.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Aileen, what a lovely family! Thank you for sharing!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:00 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Aileen, your family is gorgeous and your pride in them shows. They look very loved.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #6  
Tina

You have a BEAUTIFUL family!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Awesome pictures of you and your family. Tell John thank you for serving in the military. You have a handsome and beautiful family!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Thanks for sharing the pics of your beautiful family. I have been threatening to post some pics too...I guess I should get in there a just do it.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:36 PM   #9  
Darrell's Girl

awww thanks so much for all the compliments, guys! they certainly are my world!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

Default Tell your son THANK YOU

Just wanted to say a big thanks to your family and the wonderful thing your son is doing for this country. I say my prayers everyday to ask for our brave people serving to be protected work for the purpose of freedom of choice for all mankind. It is probably very stressful on your family knowing the dangers and makes it hard to not want to eat to relieve the tension. Know that the service is appreciated.

Pam
Old 05-11-2005, 12:27 PM   #11  

hello from another tuba mom, my son is a music education major/psychology minor at UMass/Amherst, concentration Tuba, he has been playing for 9 yrs and we all have grown to to love it. Tuba players are a strange breed, but very loyal and dedicated! I know how proud you must be of all your beautiful children.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #12  
Darrell's Girl

Thank you, Pam! My son comes from a long military line. Every man in my family is prior Navy (and I am, too, actually). John's father is also still in the Navy as a Command Master Chief. John has known since he was 6 that he wanted to be a Marine, but I tell ya, it was a lot easier when he was 6 or 12 or even 14 when he would say that was what he wanted. It was a lot different the day I came home from work and there was a recruiter sitting in my livingroom asking me to sign papers for my then 17 year old to enlist. He was in delayed entry for a year before he left.

John is a mechanic and is stationed at Camp Lejeune. His unit is slated to go to Iraq in September, unless the unit he is supposed to replace does not return. I'm not freaking out or anything (very unlike me as I am Super Overprotectomom <insert superhero music here>) because anything can happen between now and then.. but come August, well, that may be a whole other issue.... Regardless, I am so incredibly proud of him... and he'll be the first to tell ya i'm his number one fan... LOL
Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Looks like you have a wonderful family! Send my thanks to your son (and the rest of your family) for all he does for us!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #14  
Darrell's Girl

Bessieroo! i'm sorry I didn't respond to your post! We were apparently posting at the same time! Yes, tuba players are certainly a group all to their own. My older son played the tuba, as well. He initially wanted to be in the MArine Corps band but he changed his mind and decided to become a mechanic. He figures he'll have more job opportunities in the outside world as a mechanic than as a tuba player. Adam will continue to play in college. He is headed to Western Carolina after he graduates in 2006 John played for 7 years and adam has been playing for 6 -
Old 05-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #15  

Fantastic pics
Closed Thread