South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 02:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Tuesday Chat on the Beach!

Oh, good grief!! I can't get to sleep, and I'm sick, and I have a court date tomorrow! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Amy, your little DS is SUCH a sweetie! I forget... how old is he? He has that, "Baby, verging on little man," look that my nine year old has.
I wonder if you can ship morels across the border...

I'm really really tired of being fat, but I just can't get it together. I haven't even LOOKED at the treadmill for a couple of months. My birthday present. My DD told me she'd lock me in the basement (Bette Midler, in Ruthless People) for a couple of months with the treadmill and exercise videos, and she'd bring my meals (salads) down. I'm seriously thinking of taking her up on it.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

OMG! I did it! hehe, I'm awake late enough to see the next day's thread started. It's a proud day for me..

ellis - I hate not being able to sleep, especially when you've got a big day coming up. I once only slept for 45 minutes one night when I had to train someone new for 5 hours the next morning, those 5 hours were SO painful, coffee barely made a dent. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems getting 100% on track, it's hard. You'd think the upcoming coming summer would be some kind of motivation, I'm having issues myself. I hate that instant gratification can beat me. Sometimes we need to give ourselves a little break from cooking, preparing and being in diet mode. Maybe give yourself a few days, get some energy together, and go back at 'er!

I am off to bed, have a good morning!

-Aimee
Old 05-03-2005, 03:36 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Aimee! I hope you're sleeping soundly.
Thanks, hon... I'm thinking that I need to sit down and dig out some recipes and get organized with my cooking. I'm in "fast food mode" right now, and it's killing me. I barely even look in the fridge anymore, because I know all it contains is healthy food.
Let's get back on track. (did I say that yesterday?)
Old 05-03-2005, 07:21 AM   #4  

Morning:

I am new to the beach and on week 2. Being a lifelong weight watcher I know how hard it is. Advice I give myself is one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time. Sometime I just start with drinking the water for today. Then the next day I can build on that or keep at the water. It doesn't always work but it has a way of pushing me along when the going is rough.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Early Chicks!

Ellis and Swimgirl, I hope you are both sleeping soundly. Ellis, don't fret over weighloss - just try to ditch that damned cold! I'd love to lend you a furry dog to cuddle in bed.

Gina, that's very good advice. It's kind of like a jigsaw puzzle where you sort out bits at a time.

It's another dull Delta dawn here. I am so ready for warmer weather and sunshine! I have had a muddy-paw kitchen floor for over a week now and am getting pretty tired of mopping. The Girls need screw on paws, a set for indoors and one for the muddy outdoors!

Not much on the official agenda today although I'm sure I'll keep busy. Aside from the Greenhouse yesterday morning, I took an easy day yesterday. I didn't even cook from scratch, just got a casserole out of the freezer. It's a Chicken and Rice one which is SBD friendly for Phase II. I must post it.

What's happening on your Beach towel?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:38 AM   #6  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning!
~Ellis~ Cheer up! You can do it! I know how discouraging it can be when you feel as if all of the energy has beeen sucked right out of you! It makes it hard to push yourself to do the excercising. I've been meaning to start walking for the past month!!! I guess I'm just not motivated enough! I've been cheating miserably lately......for some reason. I started out doing so well but I've fallen off the beaten path here lately! TOM visiting isn't helping much. Well, good luck and when you find the motivation........please pass some my way! Tara
Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin' Chickies! (& Roosters!) Not much happenin around here. I am goin up to my MIL's today to help her with her computer. Tech support is about to send her over the edge! lol I know just about enough to be dangerous! lol

Ellis...Sounds like me Sunday night. I couldn't sleep either. Lastnight I fell asleep on the couch and slept there all night. I hope all goes well today. I'm in the same boat as you with the weight loss mode. We need to snap out of it and get it together!

Swim Girl....I thought my pending trip to the beach in June would have had me on the straight and narrow but not yet! lol I'm getting there. Hopefully after Thursday I will be a little less stressed! lol

Reg4242...Mornin'! For sure one day at a time! Good advice to give yourself!

Well I better get movin. I need to chug a lug the water today cause I am very swollen this morning. Partly due to TOM I'm sure! I tell ya he is a real pain! lol Have a good day all!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:45 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth...Mornin' Sounds like my floors only they are big shoe prints! lol All the rain is wearin me out.

Tar675...Mornin'! I see we have the same visitor! lol

Hey to anyone else who was postin at the same time I was! Have a great day!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #9  

Morning Chicks.

Its sunny here in St. Louis, Louise is definitly looking like she wants to go for a walk. Unfortunatly in about 10 minutes she is going into here box for the day.

I have a science day today. We are doing a district assessment, then we are doing a lab looking at the different elements. I am nervous to hold the mercury, don't worry, its sealed in glass. I just don't want to drop it.

Day 2 here I come. I packed my lunch today, chicken and broccoi with cheese leftovers from last night.

Have a great day ladies! I will check in later.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #10  
Workin' it!!

Ellis - I hope you were able to finally get some sleep. Although, if you're like me sometimes when you can't sleep a good amount of time, it's better to just not sleep at all and work off the adrenaline. If I only sleep for a couple hours and then get back up it's really hard for me to make it through the day.

Aimee - Do you work a late shift? It's hard for me to remember the last time that I saw 3:30am willingly!!

Reg4242 - I'm holding on to that one day at a time, one thing at a time mentality. I've hit that ever dreaded plateau and I'm hoping that adding in exercise will push me back over that weightloss ledge!!

Ruth - We take our puppy in and out throught he back door in the kitchen, so I'm feeling you about those floors!! Although we've had a couple dry days, it seems that every little blade of grass or other yard junk will stick to her paws and come straight into the kitchen. Too bad I can't train her to wipe her paws off!!

Tara - funny that you would mention TOM - I think that's part of the reason that I had such a hard time fighting a couple temptations this weekend (the breadstick, the ice cream). It's almost over though... thank heavens!

Bamie - I'll drink some water for you!! Have a good one!

Louise - I once broke an old thermometer on the edge of the coffee table; I couldn't have been more than 11 years old... isn't that mercury that they were filled with? Whatever it was, it formed little gray balls of matter and my mom frantically rushed to get it cleaned up.

I took some Valerian root last night to help me sleep. I'm waking up very exhausted in the mornings and I can't help but wonder if I'm waking up during the night and just not remembering it. However, this morning I was so groggy, it wasn't even funny... don't know if I'll take anymore or not. I bought some handweights to use when I'm on the treadmill at the gym - my arms will be good and sore tomorrow!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful, on-plan day!!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi guys!

I finally did it! Got that fat butt exercising last night for 70 minutes. I haven't exercised since I hurt my back in March. Now if I can still stay motivated to do it every other day. Do you all know that I can't do a real sit up? I'm not joking. I changed up my exercise routine a little and the new one requires 20 "real" sit ups (not crunches) and I can't do it. I know I'm laughing but I was thinking last night - how pathetic. You can't even do a real sit up! Oh well now I have a new goal.

If you missed it - I don't know how I did it - but I posted a picture of DS in yesterday's daily - at church after making his First Communion. I was not happy with my picture from the church so that may be the motivation that got me going with exercising.

Ellis - You poor thing! I realize now that the stupid illness that struck me down must have been building for awhile because all of sudden I feel great again and I haven't for awhile. I was even considering checking my meds for awhile but now I'm back to normal. (whatever that is) Thanks for the comments on my DS - he will be 8 in July. Don't worry - you can do this! You are just feeling crappy right now. Just try to maintain until you get your motivation back.

Bami - I laughed the other night saying prayers because I've been praying for your mom and all I can say is "Bami's mom." I'm sure he knows what I mean.

SHHHHHH - Aimee's sleeping

Tara - I finally made myself start exercising yesterday! You can do it too!

Ruth - I will be visiting the greenhouse this weekend getting beans, tomatoes and other goodies. I'll think of you. It is supposed to be 70 here by this weekend so I'll send it your way.

Louise & Sassy - HI

I'm off with a bang today - one of my teachers was in a car accident on the way in to school so I had to scramble. I have no make-up on but I'm having a great hair day. Figures! My horrorscope said that I would be meeting the love of my life this week. I wonder if he's ready? I can be a handful. I had a great dinner this weekend that I got the recipe out of a magazine - it was spicy shrimp and guacomole. It was super. I'll post the recipe in the proper section when I get a chance.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 AM   #12  
Tina

Morning chicks!!

Amy, your DS is ADORABLE!!! such a cutie...

Another new day...everyone enjoy and think positively...
Old 05-03-2005, 09:51 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ah, Ellis, you are having a time of it, dear girl! I'm so sorry! I hope you did get some sleep. And I hope the court date isn't anything serious! I know what you mean. I hung out in that amorphous place "I hate being fat but I can't get it together to do anything about it" for about five years. Meanwhile, I kept eating. I know you are in a better place because you keep taking baby steps in the right direction. One day it will click for you. Just keep on keeping on in the meantime. Are the weigh-ins at WW helping at all? Could DD and DS help by getting any tempting tasties out of the house and consuming them at school or friends' houses? I think it's great that they are willing to help. Could you exercise with your kiddos? With DH? (on those mornings in bed? ) I know that when you put your mind to this, you will be a powerhouse and nothing will stand in your way. But you have to be ready to do it for you, and that just takes time. In the meantime, I'm sending you lots of and

Aimee, what were you doing up so early??? If you chickies keep starting the daily at the of dawn, I'm never going to catch up! Hope you get some good sleep and that you can "get back at 'er" as you so perfectly put it, in the morning!

Gina, that's great advice. That's how I stopped biting my nails...at least for a while. I left one finger unbitten, then the next week I went for two...until I started this stressful job, I had gorgeous nails for years. Congrats on week two. Just wait until week three...that is great fun!

Ruth, I bet with a fluffy bedmate, Ellis would sleep like a log! Your pups seem like they would make amazing pillows for a nice nap by the woodstove. (Hey, Ellis, was that woodstove as cozy as Ruth makes it sound? ) So glad you gave yourself a nice, relaxing day! I'm with you on the mud. Our pup needs a bath desperately...what a nice smell wet dog is.

Tara, sounds like you need to sit down and do some meditating/journaling, stern talking with yourself to figure out why you are sabotaging your weightloss. I know that food has been my comfort for so long that I have a hard time breaking the habit of turning to it when my life isn't what I want, when I'm sad, when I'm scared, when I'm happy, when I'm bored...etc, etc, etc. Oy, I'm sure you can see my problem! Figure out what's driving you to cheat. I bet if you can make it through Phase 1, you'll find the cheating happening much, much less. Getting rid of those cravings makes all the difference, truly. I wish you luck.

Bamie: "I know just about enough to be dangerous!" That's perfect! Chug that water, girlfriend...I did it all day yesterday, almost 100 oz, and I spent the entire day on the toilet, too! But it worked...I'm halfway through TOM, yet I lost 2 pounds this morning! You can drop that water too...just stay near a bathroom!

Jamie, your leftovers sound delicious! We're making Chicken Divan tonight, I think...yum! Have fun today! DH was watching a movie last night on ancient alchemists (he's an engineer...I guess that's what they do for fun... ), and they were talking a lot about mercury poisoning. Still, you have to really be exposed to get sick. My mom said she used to love it when a thermometer broke. She and her brother would play with the mercury because it would stay in a little ball and you could roll it between your fingers. But she and my uncle never had problems from it. Have fun and stay safe!

Sassy, I bet that exercise really will help with pushing you off that plateau. I've hit several in the last year, and each time, the weight moved, and dramatically, at the end of the plateau. I just had to keep doing what I knew worked, try new variations on the same theme, and be patient. It took six weeks for the plateau to end once, but it did! You can make it through...and I doubt yours will last that long! Yup, that stuff in the thermometer sounds like mercury. Interesting stuff! I think it's frustrating that we crave the foods during our TOM that actually make our symptoms worse. Caffeine, chocolate, salt all make us feel worse during TOM, but I know I crave them! Hope it's over soon for all of us.

Me:
Well, yesterday I was a near perfect OP girl. I ate two extra SF candies when I got home, and I forgot my snack at home after lunch (but I ate from 2-3, so I wasn't hungry until 6 or so), but otherwise, perfect, including water (almost 100 oz!) and exercise. Lost 2 pounds this morning, so I'm actually where my ticker says I am. I can't wait to get lower...and get back into some "virgin" pounds.

Class tonight...need to start a paper for that. I could barely hold my eyes open while reading my textbooks last night. The material isn't great, but I also started a new drug for my ADD, and it appears to act as a sedative. I started a double dose today so I'll probably fall asleep at 6:00. Let's hope not...that's the beginning of class!

I think I need to set a mini goal, but there's not much happening in my life between now and August, and August seems too far away. I'd like to set a goal for ONEderland, and if I'm lucky, I can reach that in two or three months. Wonder if I shoudl say by July 4? Or would that be too fast? Maybe ONEderland by August is do-able? We'll see...

Hope you all have a great day and that the sun comes out soon!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amy, I'm dying to go check out the pic of your darling DS! on exercising...that is great!!!! You sound happier and more energized than I've "heard" you in a long time. Good for you!!! Can't wait to hear about the new love of your life...

Hi, Twice!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning Everyone!
I don't know if its the weather or What...but I woke up in a very good mood this morning! I stayed in bed until my DH and the chirren(kids) got ready for school...I've learned to stay out of their moody ways! Anyway, I noticed that I could curl up on my side (fetal position) I haven't been able to do that in forever! my big belly gets in the way too much. I'm having one of those "I feel thinner" days! I can see a difference already. I don't feel bloated like I have in the past.
I still can't get over the fact that my DD is graduating from High School this month! OMG, It makes me feel old!!!
Today, I'm heading to the wellness center for an evaluation by the trainer...the computer program they use will tell me how old my body is...don't know if I want to know!! LOL I know I'm gonna be embarrassed! Of course, my DH has to go first! but he's not over weight either! Just not in shape.
We went over to the wellness center yesterday afternoon, and I was able to walk a 20 min mile on the treadmill! I was elated. I didn't get out of breath either, if my legs weren't burning I would have walked it a little faster, maybe next week. And the trainer, told me I was probably ready to increase my sets on the weights next week too ...I've been doing 2 sets of 12 on each machine. Next week gonna move it to 3 sets of 12! Tonight is my water aerobics class, I haven't been there in a couple of weeks, it's hard to make myself go sometimes, especially if its chilly. But it's a great class. I always feel great afterwards.
Y'all wish me luck!
Closed Thread