Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Core Beauty Queens On Core Board Sixteen (#16)

Okay fresh page, fresh start!

Go for it!

Frouf
Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I'm alive but exhausted lately so not been on the puter much. No Not PG NO! I just finished my period THANK YOU SEASONALE ITS FINALLY OVER! i'm a little excited
I'm looking for a WLS dr so I can explore that option more seriously. I'm off to enjoy some harry potter on my lunch break hopefully bbl if my boss doesn't start hovering!
Kier
Old 05-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Cher, doesn't 10% down feel spectacular! Congratulations and hope the next ones go a little faster for you. I know you feel like I do that you lose too slow.

Frouf, your Ex DH probably just didn't want to be the bad guy. Don't you just hate that? Try not to stress eat. It just gives you another thing to be upset about (your weight). Your plan to keep your tummy full of Core food is a good one.

Angela, I think you were wise to change your tracker since that is your new focal point. I don't think you are "cheating" until/if you get back in the WW warning zone.

Terry, as I said on the other board, your DH's gesture made me cry. What a guy. Hope you have many more!

Jim says thanks for all the birthday wishes! He's a happy guy today. I'm still sick. Don't know if it's a virus or food poisoning but I had to cancel my PT for today. I'm trying to convince myself that I'll be ok to take him out for dinner but I just don't know yet. The Skylight guy is on the roof now. He's blaming the roofer......argggghhhh! It's just a vicious circle. It sounds like he might be making the repair, which is good. We'll have to pay for it and I'll ask the roofer to reimburse us. That'll never happen, but I'll ask anyway.

Talk with you all later!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

Still feeling stressed out as I find out the project I have been working on all morning - may be a duplicate of something already done!!! THIS MAKES FOR A VERY MAD FROUFIE! I think I am fighting cravings also from my weekend extravanganza - as all I am thinking about is one of those Mcdonald's hot fudge sundaes -- no I'm not going to go get one - but I know I am having problems cuz it is on my mind!

Just had a slice of lf cheddar cheese - and a diet pepsi to try to control the nasty sugar beast!

I am finding it very tough today...and I know it won't be much better at home tonight! I feel like a wimp - just want to "escape" and have fun and not worry about food or fatness or teenager issues or dh/ex-dh issues or any issues for that matter! lol

Vickie - glad your skylight is being fixed - and it never hurts to ask - good luckw/the roofer. And I really, really hope you are okay for your dinner out!

Frouf
Old 05-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Frouf, you and I are not having good days! I always hated when that would happen to me at work. You spend the whole day doing something to find out someone else was working on it too. Grrrrrrr.

As predicted, the skylight guy says the problem is a lack of flashing on the roof. So...now we need to call the roofer back. Good news is the skylights are in great shape! I'm sure the roofer is going to be pleased to hear from us/Jim. I'm not dealing with this guy. Yucky thing for Jim to have to handle on his birthday.

I've only had Farina so far today. Stomach is still VERY sick. Jim just went out to get himself a birthday lunch treat. I'm pretty sure he'll be coming home with Popeye's. I haven't thrown up yet but the smell of the grease might make me sick! It's not looking good for his dinner out. I got hungry this morning but then started feeling sick again as I was eating the Farina. I'm thinking some cottage cheese and peaches when I get hungry later. Ugh. Off to the couch!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

hi, girls. i'm enjoying reading about your day. i have to tell you this. when i first saw the post with the "fifteen" on it, i thought it was a thread for teenagers. lol

i am so happy to find this group and am glad to be part of it now. it helps to hear how each of you is coping with eating urges. together we can lose these extra lbs--and think of how healthy we'll be.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #7  

Oh, poor Vickie. I hate stomach bugs.

Well, it really looks like dd #2 has pink eye. Lisa, I think it was, your ds had it a couple of weeks ago? I've got her an appt at the dr for 4:30 today, and hopefully we'll get medicine that'll help - not make it worse! I'm fully expecting all dd's to have it before the week is out. They share everything.

Am fighting the urge to eat mindlessly today. Must be something in the air. At least dh got the M&M's out of the way.

Everyone, get some rest, and take it easy. We have to take care of ourselves. I just got up from a mini-nap - aaah. Think I'll practice guitar now...can't eat while I'm doing that.

Angela
Old 05-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

MORE VENTING- Boy am I in a state today - is it the sugar addiction? or just tired and not able to cope well?

Dh just called - FORGOT to take out chicken for dinner (like I should care cuz I'm going out) - couldn't understand why it was STILL FROZEN - when he only took it out 1 hr ago??? Good luck w/dinner I say!

Also FORGOT to tell me that the new therapist for dd called and left a message - like when WERE you going to tell me? I just picked up the message and she called at 8:40 am!!!! ..and I was just about to leave a message w/previous therapist to "complain" about why we had not heard anything!

and now my LOTUS NOTES has crapped out - I think I accidentally deleted an obviously required file as I tried to save something on my hard drive and it said I was out of disk space - I am now on hold and in some priority queue so I can talk to a live HUMAN BEING
Old 05-02-2005, 04:29 PM   #9  

Sorry about all your annoyances, Froufy. It's bad enough having to supervise the actual kids without having to rid herd on the overage ones. Sounds like you're doing well resisting temptations. I know that it's hard for me to get back on track after letting loose for a while.

They just installed my cool new flat-screen monitor and you all are huge!! No, I didn't mean it that way--it's just that my old dinosaur monitor was a lot smaller.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Vickie. Ds and I both had upset tummies yesterday and felt really tired. Not upset enough to kill my appetite, unfortunately. Feel fine today, though.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #10  
Closed

Wow, since this AM this board has been sooo busy....good Lord and now page 16..... I'm telling I will never ever catch up with all of you......
From what I can remember.......I do want to tell Terry your anniversary story was the most touching....how sweet is your husband...God love 'em.
Vickie, Happy Birthday to Jim and I hope you are feeling ok....I hate stomach pain....I feel for you, my friend
I can hardly remember all that was written on the previous pages.
Frouf after what seemed to be a great weekend and then this!! I feel for you. So much going on in your life right now. Hang in there!! You are one incredible women!!
Everyone else I hope you are all doing well...I am kind of wiped out right now...but wanted to jump on and say hello....
Oh, even though I did stay the same this week the good news I neglected to tell you all is that I am only 7 lbs from my WW goal....whooohooo...It's my personal goal that seems unattainable right now. I'll take the 7!! I thought that was good enough news to post!!
So far I have had three incrediable days of Core....I feel good about this month, I really do!! I have a good feeling!!
Everyone have a great evening.....
Old 05-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I have serious mental problems now ... I'm a little hungry but am afraid to eat because I think it'll mean a higher number on the scale in the morning! I have really got to get a handle on this!! I think it's the key to my future loss, or lack of.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #12  

I know the feeling. I've actually put off starting strength training until I got to 10%, just in case it would add weight. Like I'm really going to "bulk up" in 10 minutes a date with the hand weights.

I just try to remember that it's a long term thing. As long as I do my best to stay OP, it will come off eventually, and you know I'm the Queen of Fractional Losses. It's just going to be harder as you get closer to goal. Not fair, but nothing we can really do about it. Sometimes I wish I could take my body aside and tell it, "No you really don't need to hang onto every pound to make sure we make it through the Long Siberian Winter. The grocery store is just up the street."

So eat something tasty and good for you and try not to worry about what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Angela - hope your DD has a mild case of pinkeye. My DS had it in both eyes and couldn't see when he got up in the morning because they were both pasted shut.

Frouf - I thought "miss smarty pants" lived at my house. Also, my DH calls me commando woman because I must get fairly stern in order to get my kids to listen.

Decided my eating fest over the weekend is due to TOM; which of course is not due until sometime next week. I wish he would go away and never come back.

Kathy - stay off that scale! ! ! I think you would see a loss if you would stop hopping on and off. I can weigh myself and be up a lb., then get off and step back on again and be down a lb. Screwy thing. I can tell I'm up, just don't feel so skinny today. Not getting on until Wed. a.m.; might have a lunch date, so might not make it to WI.

Linday - way to go! Only 7 more lbs., you can do it! :

Lisa
Old 05-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #14  
Closed

Kathy step AWAY from the scale....NOT on it......or weigh every other day....remember the "Why the Scale Lies" article....I get weighed on Saturday... too afaid to see what I maybe don't want to see during the week. Now that being said, if I do and believe me I have in the past, it'll be at least 3 or 4 days after Saturday, like midweek. My scale at home is right on target with the one I weigh in on. It's new new WW one, it's pretty cool, cause after you weigh it lets you know how much you are up or down. It cost about 60.00 bucks but it was worth it (for me)
Yeah Lisa, I forget that bit of good news when I posted on Saturday I was so upset about my coworkers' husband being diagnosed with MS....how sad, how very sad.
So yeah I am hoping to be there by MemDay....like I said in my last few posts, I feel good about this new month....I think I just may get there, or darn near!!
Cher once you get to goal you will realize it's harder to remain there. It is an neverending battle everyday, but you will get there before you know it, getting to that 10% is so awesome!!
Angela your M&M story was just too funny It cracked me up
Hope your little ones' eye is ok....poor baby
And thanks Terry for the headsup on how to do the saucy meatballs right Have either of you served that as a main meal and built around it, and if so what??
Frouf hope all is well... I know when I get 'that way' anything sweet is what soothes me best, but later I am sorry and pissed that I ate it....go figure.
Kier at the 'risk' of sounding ignorant...what is WLS dr?? Probably everyone here knows what it is, but I didn't so I just wanted to ask, to understand your post.
I wish I could get on line at work.....that would be heaven....boss wouldn't mind, time just doesn't allow for it
I know someone 'new' joined us but since I can't get to that page right now I don't remember the name.....but welcome to the BEST group going out there.
Vickie I hope you are feeling better
Deborah....where are you??? and How are you?? Miss ya!!
Talk to you all later....just want you to know I had another great meal tonight...and I feel so good about it....Hey this cooking thing isn't so bad In actuality Core meals are so delicious, guess it's because you cook them yourself....
Can't wait to have my core dessert..plain yogurt with some SF/FF white choc instant pudding mixed in, and I have decided to put it on 1/2 banana sliced in half and 1 pt worth of FF coolwhip.....kind of like a banana cream pie....yummm
Have a great night all...see ya tomorrow...Linda
Old 05-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #15  

Linda, you rock, you Core queen! Sounds like you're really on a roll. Yay!

I make the sweet and saucy meatballs at least once a week. They're my dh's favorites. I usually serve them over rice for everyone else, and over barley or couscous for me. You can serve green beans or salad on the side. It's quite filling and delicious, I must say.

I'm thinking of making the cream of wheat pudding for breakfast tomorrow.

I took dd #2 to the doctor, and yep, classic case of pink eye, in both eyes. We got the antibiotic drops, and strict instructions to wash our hands frequently, and not touch each other. Right!! We'll see who else ends up with pink eye before the week is out.

Gotta go help the kids clean up before bed, then administer some eye drops. Yee haw!

Angela
Closed Thread