Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default Question about WW and pregnancy

Hello all, I'm new here and have been on WW for 3 weeks now. I have been doing really well. I wanted to know what kind of info you guys might have on doing WW while pregnant? I'm not pregnant yet, but may become that way sometime in the future and am curious if WW is ok. I gained 45 pounds with my daughter and really want to avoid that scene again!

Thanks in advance!

Rachel
Alaska Mommy to:
Lily, 3
Makaila, 9 and Daniel, 11

DH Ben
Old 04-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #2  

I'm pretty sure WW doesn't encourage dieting while pregnant. You can use the food guidelines to help you make good eating choices, but you need to be gaining at the rate you and your doctor agree on. You might be able to work with him or her to figure out how much you need to be eating and "translate" that into a healthy number of points.

There are guidelines to help nursing mothers lose, though. Basically you get a few extra points a day to spend on milk, etc.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:49 PM   #3  

Hi Rachel! Well, I can only speak for my personal experience with WW, but 4 years ago I became pregnant and was soooo excited! I mentioned it at my meeting and afterwards the leader pulled me aside and said that I was no longer allowed to be in WW. After I had the baby I was ofcourse welcomed back, but they pretty much indicated that I wasn't allowed to even come to the meetings (which my mom attended and I wanted to still come to give her support).

This all happened in West Virginia, so each state may have their own rules....you may want to inquire at your own meeting.

Good Luck!!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:55 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

This is correct you are no longer (for legal reasons) allowed to be a member if you are pregnant however, many people have taken their information to their OB/GYN and devised a play (usually around 10 points for only healthy foods from protein, dairy, fruits/veggies and complex carbs added a day just like the nursing mothers).

You can however be online so if you join e-tools or online during your pregnancy and speak to your OB then you should be fine.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies. I will check with my doctor when the time comes!
Closed Thread