Support Groups - Buff Brides

View Full Version : Buff Brides

Irishgirl
04-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Hello Everyone!!! Figured I'd create a thread for future Brides. Any other Brides here? Would love to start a support thread for Brides !! ;-)

Sugar Cube
04-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Not a bride anymore, but wanted to say good luck. Have you caught the TV show on FITTV, Buff Brides, this weekend's show was great and the workouts were fab. They both left 4 months to get ready, which is so much more sensible than some shows.

Good luck and have a wonderful life.

gentlesong
04-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm glad to see this new thread. I'm getting married Oct 18, 2005. :cool: I must admitt that my weight loss was motivated, because I want to look great for my new hubby. :o And I dont want to have to buy my wedding gown in a plus size. :( So I'm a weight liften, nordic tracken, walken, healthly food eaten bride to be. Hope everyone has a great day. Sabrina

JennM
04-26-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm getting married August 14 2005. I already have my dress b ut I am hoping losing some weight will allow me to make some changes to the dress because of the extra material. I have been dieting about 10 weeks now and I have lost 17 pounds. Since november after I lost all my baby weight though I have actually lost and extra 5 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 21 pounds. Good luck ladies and beautiful blushing brides...we can do it!!!!

Irishgirl
04-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Question for all my fellow buff brides :-) Let's talk about dresses...
What does yours look like or what kind of dress do you want?

Here is a link to my wedding stuff from my Knottie Bio
http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=Jennie9879

JennM
04-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi this is a picture of my dress. The dress in the picture is pink and mine is actually white. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/j2thalo1983/pictures/74110.jpg As you can see it's quite plain but we are getting married in the middle of august...not the best time to be wearing a huge gown anyway. I would have loved a really nice one though. I loved the dresses on your bio Irishgirl. I had actually save the one you have with the colour I love it! The dress I originally wanted was $940 which I gather is pretty standard but my dad was buying it and mine was only $345 and I will have to get it altered of course. I love some of the other stuff on your page and have actually saved some of the same hairstyles. I am having an updo :) Have a wonderful day and good luck with your weight loss ladies :)

gentlesong
05-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Hello Ladies, sorry I havent been back sooner. Forgot where you were. :o
I havent bought my gown yet. I know I am leaving very little time for myself, but I refuse to shop while I am this big. Though I do have and idea of what kind of dress that I would like. I would like A-line gown, made of georgette with tiny embroiderd flowers on it. I also want sleeves so I will probably have to have it made. My colors are chocolate, cream and pale pink. Just looking through the web right now and bridal books to find something I would like.

That's abaout it for now, have a great day. Plus, if you have any favorate sites to recommend, let me know. I've already been to the knot. There is so much out there it's overwhellming.

Sabrina

Irishgirl
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey Fellow Buff Brides...how is everyone today? How are all the wedding plans going?

I am down a total of 6lbs...I am going to look great in my dress I just know it ;)

What are everyone's Wedding Date..mine is March 18, 2006.

Irishgirl
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Hello Ladies, sorry I havent been back sooner. Forgot where you were. :o
I havent bought my gown yet. I know I am leaving very little time for myself, but I refuse to shop while I am this big. Though I do have and idea of what kind of dress that I would like. I would like A-line gown, made of georgette with tiny embroiderd flowers on it. I also want sleeves so I will probably have to have it made. My colors are chocolate, cream and pale pink. Just looking through the web right now and bridal books to find something I would like.

That's abaout it for now, have a great day. Plus, if you have any favorate sites to recommend, let me know. I've already been to the knot. There is so much out there it's overwhellming.

Sabrina

Go to Bridesave.com they have great site, and list dresses for a fraction of the cost. Mine would have gost me over $800.00 thru a Bridal Salon, but I can order it for $499.00, and have it altered elswhere!!

Irishgirl
05-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Jenn M - That is a very pretty dress :-)

StarAngel2528
05-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi girls, I'm Old but New again to 3FC. Someone sent me a link to this thread. I'm getting Married September 1, 2006. I'm trying to loss about 70 more pounds before my wedding. I'm just now starting to plan
Here's the wedding dress I want (after I loss the weight)
My Wedding Dress (http://www.bridaloriginals.com/subcat2Details.tpl?&subcatsuid=4Z1&catsuid=4&headerpic=4Z1.jpg&subcatheaderpic=4Z1.jpg&subcatname=Bridal%20Originals&sku=3329&cart=1075845053950935&category=Bridal%20Gowns&display=1&headdisplay=2&sfeat=T)

Irishgirl
05-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey Star Welcome!!!! :wave: Welcome aboard! I am so glad another Buff bride joined. I think our weddings are going to provide some huge motivation for us to get healthy, and slim!!

Irishgirl
05-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Happy Wed Brides to be!! Where is everyone?? :Shrug:

JennM
05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm starting to feel the pressure please dont let me turn into a bridezilla.....13 weeks, 3 days left to go...mountains of money to be spent, many desicions left to make and to top it all off I can't go to the gym I have hurt my foot come on skinny bride!!!!!

Irishgirl
05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
We Won't let you turn into a bridezilla I promise!!! Just take a few mintues a day just for you, weather it's a hot bath, or a walk..just something to get away from all of the stress, and I promise you'll feel better!!

Irishgirl
05-12-2005, 10:34 AM
How are all of my fellow Buff brides doing?? As anyone seen the Buff Bride program available on Modernbride.com???

JennM
05-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone! I'm not feeling so much like a bridezilla lately more like a pigzilla lol I have been eating alot of crap exspecially mother's day weekend. I am trying n ot to cheat again until my friends visit from ohio which will be almost July but I will be celebrating finishing high school sometime soon since my last day is May 19th (I'm a little off my mark instead of graduating when I was 18 I'm doing it at 21 lol) I want to go out and have a dinner date with my fiance and leave the kiddies behind and then to a movie where of course we would need popcorn with butter and then out for drinks with friends.....Then a friend and I have plans for a day at the spa and the movies I'm sure more popcorn will follow and lunch :( Bad Jenn LOL

JennM
05-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I havent been doing so well on the diet front I have totally fallen off the wagon. I need to get back on...my moms doing this soup maybe I will join her for the week, have the soup all during the day and a lean cuisine at night. I want to see some results. I totally feel awful. I hope all is well with you ladies. I called about my wedding dress today and it will be in mid june and almost everyone is coming that I invited tot he wedding. I bought our wedding favors and now we just ahve a lot more bs to buy and pay for. We need about another $3200 by aug 14 and I don't kow if we can manage it. This is very stressfull.....how is everyone elses wedding plans coming along?

Irishgirl
05-17-2005, 09:31 AM
I havent been doing so well on the diet front I have totally fallen off the wagon. I need to get back on...my moms doing this soup maybe I will join her for the week, have the soup all during the day and a lean cuisine at night. I want to see some results. I totally feel awful. I hope all is well with you ladies. I called about my wedding dress today and it will be in mid june and almost everyone is coming that I invited tot he wedding. I bought our wedding favors and now we just ahve a lot more bs to buy and pay for. We need about another $3200 by aug 14 and I don't kow if we can manage it. This is very stressfull.....how is everyone elses wedding plans coming along?

I was like that last week we were really busy, and it was hard to follow. But I vowed today to restart over, and follow it to a T. I wasn't totally off the wagon I just didn't watch my portion sizes all of the time. If we were out at dinner, if I was still hungry I'd eat an extra serving of vegtables. Stuff like that I didn't really load up on carbs, and bad food.

I certainly understand what you mean with the stress of paying for the wedding. We are paying for our wedding as well, and our wedding is 10 months away. I can't believe it's 10 away when we got engaged it was 14 months away...4 months down 10 to go...:-)

We sent in our deposit for our Videographer, Pre-Cana yesturday. We already booked photographer, DJ, Church, Reception Site. Now we just have to nail down the little things...Limo's...invitations, stuff like that. I am surpised this thread isn't as busy as it was when we first started this......where is everyone???

Irishgirl
05-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Where are all of my Buffies??????

10 Months today, until the big day for me!!!

JennM
05-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Hello! Hello Hello! Echo echo echo.... Your right it is quiet in here. I'm almost never on the puter but I'm here today :) I will be getting my dress soon probably in the next 3 weeks and I have made lists of what we need to pay for and when we will be paying for it. That helped some. On the 4th of june I will be buying my boustier. I am doing well on the diet wagon and have officially lost 30 pounds and 11.2 inches!!! I am also graduating high school at the end of june...I dropped out with 1 credit left and I went back this past semester to get it and now I'm done hooray!! I hope everything goes smoothly with your planning and I wished I had of started way sooner but we hadn't set a date until feburary so I couldn't have palnned anything lol. We have been engaged since 2003. It's about time. Have a wonderful day and take care I will be back soon!