Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Apr 11/05

Hi, everyone, Happy Monday!! I took Friday off, so it seems crazy at work today. Of course while I was gone, all sorts of stuff happened. My play opened and, although we had small crowds, it was well-received. I had fun. My parents and sister came to see it and enjoyed it. Having company was not good for my eating this weekend I really overdid it and I have WI tonight. I'm sure the scale will scare me into being OP again.

How is everyone else?
Old 04-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies,

The weekend weather was absolutely beautiful. High 60's on both days. I got one of my flower beds tidied up and began cleaning out the garage...Yuck that was a big job! Still kind of busy here at the office. I've got to leave early tomorrow for another doctor's appt with Lauren. Eating wise I did Ok this weekend. Still trying to cut back on the sweets which lately seem to be getting the best of me.

Lisa glad your play went well. That was nice that your family could see it. What's your weather like this week? Good luck with the weigh in today.

Hi to everyone else. I'll try to post more later today.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Back from Denver thankfully. Saturday night they got hit with a mondo snowstorm and I do believe that the airport was closed most of Sunday. I love it there (sort of), but you couldn't pay me enough to live somewhere where it goes from 35 to 75 in one day.

Meeting was okay, the paper sessions were okay, made some contacts. Ate too much and honestly, made the choice to eat too much. I have no idea why.

I think I have another and new variant of the cold I had in Rome. I am not amused especially as I'm leaving for Tucson on Wednesday afternoon and Mr. Jacques appears to be very stiff and uncomfortable. Frankly, I am scared silly that he is really starting to become an old dog. DP is taking him to jacqupuncture today and hopefully the vet will be able to do something for him.

Lisa -- its quality not quantity. I am wishing you have a good weigh in.

Pam - I am jealous of your fine weather. We had about 3 hours of it on Sunday. I did manage to get the lawn mowed and cutworms decimated.

Hi to Melissa and Susan and everyone else!

I'll also be back.

lala
Old 04-11-2005, 01:42 PM   #4  

Weather here is gorgeous! I love this time of year in Florida. Hot, hot weather is on the horizon though.

Welcome back again, lala. Yes, Denver is nice (great shopping), but their weather is unpredictable especially this time of year. Sorry you're still not well. That stinks. Jacqupuncture? That just made me laugh.

Thanks for the WI wishes; I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #5  

Hi everyone. Seems like ages since I've checked in. Truthfully, I feel like a fraud posting here on the lifetime thread. My weight is up again - about the same as before the Thailand trip. I'm having difficulty with night time eating, and the scale reflects that.

Other than that, things are good. We're making good progress on the downstairs bathroom renovation. DH got the tub installed on the weekend, and I've finished painting. The vanity goes in next. Once the plumbing is done, it should go fairly quickly (we hope). I'm also stripping border wallpaper in the guest bedroom - a hateful job. I have more than half done, so it should be behind me by the weekend.

My mom and sister will be in town for the weekend. They're staying with my other sister, but we'll have them over for dinner on Friday. I'm thinking gourmet pizzas, but no final decision yet.

Got out for a good run on Sunday. Built up lots of resolve to run more regularly. Yesterday, I came down with another cold. (Sound familiar lala?) I'm determined not to let it affect my running tho; it's not in my chest, thank goodness.

That's all for now.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

It's been crazy here--on Friday evening my beloved Volvo was the victim of a hit and run I've got pieces of the car that hit it so somewhere in our city a purple car has massive damage to their passenger side of their car. The insurance adjustor came out this morning and he says the car will be "totaled". *sigh*

The weather here has been sunny and cool and the forecasters are calling for a rain-free week.

Lala: Sounds like you got out of Denver just in time! We experienced that same type of weather a week ago and it was no fun! I hope you're feeling better.

Lisa: Hope your WI went well--just remember, it's a new day and you can move forward. Four weeks from today I'll be heading south...I can't wait!

Pam: Sounds like you got things accomplished over the weekend...that's great! I need to get rid of some things in the garage and the city is collecting 1 large item a week so now is the time to get rid of some stuff that I've been hanging onto.

Susan: You're Lifetime no matter what. You'll get things under control and be back where you want to be. I struggle with night time eating and sometimes it gets the best of me. I paint my nails at night so then I won't be digging into things because I don't want to smudge them I figure as long as it works I'll continue to do it--sometimes my nail color changes every evening Good for you for getting out for a run. I need to get moving on my walking again. It's a matter of making it a priority.

I'll post more later on.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #7  

Hello, lifers (yes, Susan, you're included). Well, WI was not pretty. The scale at WW said I was up 6 pounds!! I was totally floored. I had weighed myself at home and our home scale is usually right on. It said I was up 3 pounds. I checked it again this morning and it said the same thing. I knew that I had gained, but 6 pounds!! Needless to say, I'm getting serious now. I am so upset with myself.

Susan, if you stay so busy, you shouldn't be able to eat.

Melissa, I like the idea of painting your nails. You're right, you can't eat when they're drying. I'm going to do that tonight. : )
Old 04-12-2005, 11:08 AM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

At home today with my cold and stiff basset hound. I ran into work this am to pick up some stuff that needs to be finished today but thankfully, other than some email exchanges, no real reason to be near anyone. I can't believe I have another cold.

Susan -- I hear you on the weight gain. I had a wake up call this weekend when I went to return some skirts my mom had bought me from tj maxx for a smaller size. The bigger size was loose before Rome, the smaller size is now a bit too tight. It is my awakening. I am trying to up the exercise this week and try and make better choices. my snickers bar for a snack was not a good choice, but I managed to salvage most of the rest of the day.

Melissa -- My condolences on the car. I have the same car and other than the drivers seat starting to rip, its still in okay condition. I hope you can find another volvo (maybe a early model v70 or a 850) to replace it with, the new ones suck and are very expensive.

Why would anyone drive a purple car?

Lisa -- I hope you had a good weigh in.

Well, time to eat my oatmeal, drink my chai and maybe consider working.

lala
Old 04-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,
It's a little brisk this morning, temps will probably stay in the low 50's. I've been a little busy with "family" and "friends" dropping off last minute income tax returns they would like either DH or I to work on!! I'm telling you this is so frustrating. My aunt, who I don't see frequently calls me on Sunday and asked if I "forgot" about her and wants to know when I will stop by and pick up her return. I honestly thought she had it done months ago by someone else. Arghhhh.

Melissa so sorry about your Volvo. Are you going to look for another one as a replacement? My Dh drives an older model Saab ('92) that he is very attached to. Glad your forecast for the weekend looks good. I still can't believe my area hasn't been hit by a spring snowstorm! Our temps tomorrow are suppose to warm up again and stay that way through the weekend.

Lisa sorry about that 6 pound gain..I'm sure most of it is just fluff that will come off quickly. The only good thing about a gain like that is it gets you back on track quickly.

Susan good to hear from you again. Don't be so hard on yourself. You were doing well but then the vacation came up and then the illness etc. Stay focusted you'll be back on track again. I agree the nightime eating is the toughest to control. Try and keep some low point snacks on hand to munch on at night.

Lala I tried on some shorts this weekend and was a little dismayed at how tight they felt. I really think it's my shape that is changing because I'm not working out enough. The scale hasn't gone up,but the muscle is quickly turning to flab. I've really got to start working out more frequently.

Well ladies I've got to get back to work. Hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you later.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Lisa -- missed your post. Six lbs seems a bit high, give it a couple of days. I hate that though.

Nails are good (I get a manicure, so it wouldn't work for me), but really deep hand moisturizing would do the same. Nothing like doritos and kiehl's ultra hand lotion together...

lala
Old 04-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #11  

Melissa, I'm sorry I forgot to mention about your Volvo. I hope no one was hurt. A hit and run? That's terrible; that seems to be happening more and more. It's our current society woe: folks don't take responsibility for their actions. lala's right--I've heard that the older Volvos are better.

Pam, that's nervy of folks dropping off their returns so late. Could you say no??

lala, thanks for the encouragement. I really don't think the scale was correct because DH got on our scale and was the same as his WI.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, ladies! It's another bright, sunny day today. Not to complain but it could warm up just a little bit

Lisa: It doesn't sound like the scale you had your WI on was accurate or else the person didn't get the right weight. Keep focused and next week will show a whole different number! No one was hurt in regards to the car, although the driver that hit our car had to have done something because they hit hard enough to push the car over the curb. It's so frustrating. I'm watching for a dark purple car with lots of side damage, lol. I agree that the older Volvos are better than the newer models. We'll see what we can find.

Lala: Hope you're feeling better. Deep moisturizer for the hands will keep you out of the bag The crumbs and stuff would stick and make a mess. Any trick to help with night time snacking is a good one. I started toward a bag of tortilla chips last night and asked myself, "Do I really want these???" I had a cup of hot cocoa made with milk instead.

Susan Hope everything is going well with you. I've always admired members who can run or embark in a regular exercise program. Keep it up!

Pam: Our temps have been cool and the winds have made it even colder. Yesterday I was out for a bit and froze. I'm still boycotting wearing heavy sweaters. I know our forecast is calling for sunny weather through the weekend so that's a plus. I'd be a little miffed at those who drop off their returns last minute and expect that I could do them for them. Good luck! I'm not sure what type of car we'll get--we may talk to our mechanic and see if he has a Volvo but other than that we may just bite the bullet and get something newer.

Better get moving and get stuff done here--I'm searching for a file on my computer that I can't locate.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #13  

Melissa: Sorry about the car. Someone had a lot of nerve to hit that hard and leave the scene. Especially driving a purple car DH has a 1973 volvo 1800 series (like the one on The Saint, only the station wagon version). It is bright orange. I dread to think what he would do if anything ever happened to it.

lala: I have another cold too. Not nearly as bad as the last one, but it's still discouraging. I wonder what is missing from my diet or if there's something wrong with my immune system. Way too many colds for one person.

Lisa: Sounds to me like a scale problem. I had a similar thing happen years ago when I was a few pounds from reaching goal for the first time. I went to a different centre for weigh-in (it was more convenient) and they told me I had gained 4 lbs. I was livid! I went back to my regular centre the following week and the 4 lbs had magically disappeared. I'm sure that will happen with three of yours

Pam: It must be frustrating to have "friends" and "family" pop out of the woodwork at tax time. Don't they know there are very good electronic tax packages now available at minimal cost? Sounds like you need to stop answering your phone until well into the month of May

Thanks for the support and encouragement. I can't believe I've let things slide as much as I have in the past year. I need to go to WW boot camp or something. It should be easier to get more regular running in now that the better weather is here. If I could only remain cold-free.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

At home again, trying to rest before I go to Tucson.

I have another 2.5 hour conference call that will keep me on my toes for the morning. The main leader of our group is throwing out some big fat contentious statements about 45 minutes before our meeting and wants a reaction. Not what I needed this am.

Susan -- this cold thing is really getting me down. I'm really shocked to get two in a row. Maybe its the travel or maybe its all these meetings. I think we should live in bubbles and teleconference. Things would be so much more healthy.

What is it with old volvos? I live in volvo valahalla --every other house on our block has one or two volvos. We live very close to a volvo dealership, but we don't get a discount or anything. They are just great cars.

I hope everyone is having a good day. Its sunny right now, I am looking at my hellebores, thalia narcissus and rhodies and tulips blooming in the back garden. Its better than wanting to strangle the phone.

I'll talk to you guys on Monday. Wish me luck in Tucson.

lala

lala

Last edited by lalala; 04-13-2005 at 12:00 PM. Reason: need to add content
Old 04-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #15  

lala, have a good trip in Tucson. Leave your cold there! Your flowers sound pretty.

Susan, you're right--you've really been through it healthwise. There are products at the health food store that boost your immune system. Go check it out. That's good that you are running. I really do think that the scale was wrong or the receptionist read it wrong. I'm really watching my intake, so we'll see.

Melissa, I'm glad no one was hurt, but look out for those purple cars. I'm also glad you at least have sunshine.

Customers are here for a big review of our technical design today--exciting! Oh well, this too shall pass.

Hi, Pam.
Closed Thread