South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here. Phase one day 5. No desire to eat!

Hi ladies,

This is a fantastic site. I am so glad I found it.

Anyway, I have not been eating white sugar for over three months now and lost 17 pounds doing that. (which is why you see my weightloss monitor as what it is below..) At first, I had a hard time eating anything after I detoxed from white sugar. I was never hungry.

I platued though, and now realize starting SBD, I was eating a lot of things that converted into sugar. I mainly ate healthy, but I wasn't losing any weight. I realize I was eating too much fruit and too much bread.

Anyway, I got really sick day one, but didn't break off the diet. Now, day 5, the thought of eating repulses me. I am wondering if maybe this diet isn't for me? I have done other detox diets and felt horrible, but stuck it out and was fine. This one wasn't horrible like the others, but I am having a hard time eating.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

It took me almost a week to feel "normal", I had a hard time eating for 6-7 days. Stick it out, it's worth it. I know the first time I did phase 1 I got SO sick I quit within a day, the second attempt was better. I felt like I had the flu, I had a fever, my stomach was really upset, and I couldn't sleep. I had to adjust a few things, like drinking peppermint tea, and eat yogurt to replace the healthy bacteria in my system. But like I said, it took 6-7 days. You will feel better! Goodluck!

-Aimee
Old 04-08-2005, 07:27 AM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

Well...it's a tough one. I didn't have much desire to eat last week because the choices are limited and there is so much going on with your body. This is my second time on South Beach and I'm on Day 12 of Phase I with NO CHEATING. I think you should really stick it out.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:33 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach. Great loss so far. Keep up the great work. I too lost desire to eat, but it does go away. Don't let it discourage you.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #5  
Michael Ann 1973

That happened to me too, but trust me I moved right past that phase
Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 PM   #6  

I thought it was just me, Im on day5 P1, have not a lost an ounce yet! I have the same feeling, I dont want to eat, but I know I have to. Having trouble at Cruves, my legs just cant seem to last the circuit like before..

But I am not about to give up, what else is there if I do? ( Done it all before!) No more getting on the scale. I am using protein powder with my skim milk. Sometimes I have 2 shakes a day, would that be a problem?

Thanks everyone, this site is so supportive.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wannabe, stick it out. For those of you who don't have much to lose or were eating fairly healthily to begin with, you won't see dramatic weight loss during Phase 1. But you will be helping your body.

As much as possible, eat your six meals a day, even if they are small. Maximize your meals to include nutrition rich food and a variety, since you aren't eating much. Stay away from things like SF candy that can upset your stomach. Cut up good veggies and make good dinners that can be leftovers the next day so you don't fall into the pattern of not eating because it's too hard to make food.

You do need to keep eating, but in time, your appetite should return.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Connieliv - Watch the amount of exercise that you are doing during Phase 1. Remember, you are detoxing from sugar and not eating any starches or fruits (which provide a source of energy), so your blood sugar may be dropping too far during workouts. The recommendation is usually to refrain from exercise your first two weeks, then go back after Phase 1 is finished.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #9  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome newbies!

Hey Sweeth Tooth maybe that is why I keep doing Phase I over, it's an excuse for not going to gym!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #10  

Default Thanks everyone..

I really thought everyone was going to tell me to take a hike back onto Weight Watchers.

I think when I detoxed those other times, I was a lot more addicted to sugar than I am now. I was probably too busy feeling shaky and nursing a migraine to notice I felt this way back then. Today is day 6. Last night I managed to eat two portions of meat, salad, and some roasted red peppers. I am pretty happy. I was just getting worried because I have a tendancy not to eat (unintentionally) which sabotages my weight loss.

Anyway, thank you again ladies. I am going to keep sticking it out.
Closed Thread