Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #1  

Default fat free products for core plan

I am new to ww and I am going to try the core plan . They say you do not have to count FF cheese, mayo, etc. I am going core shopping tommorow could any of you please give me some suggestionsg on the best ff products or any other useful tips. Thanks
Old 04-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I like the Borden FF American cheese slices better than some of the others. We don't know where you live so you may not have some of these products in your area. My Jewel/Albertson's makes their own brand of shredded mozarella and cheddar that I've used. Both melt well. I just bought some soy cheese, which does not have to be FF, and haven't tried it yet. It's shredded and a blend to taste like mozarella, parmesan, and romano. The soy cheeses are usually in the veggie aisle. If you have a Trader Joe's you should definitely try their brand of FF cheese. They carry feta and jalepeno montery jack. I use Kraft Miracle Whip Free for my pasta salad and Kraft FF Mayo for salad dressings and other recipes that call for FF mayo. Dean's FF cottage cheese tasted better to me than the Breakstone even though I love Breakstone 2% and full fat cottage cheese. Hope this helps. Good Luck and consider coming and chatting with us on the Core Support Board. We're on number 13 right now and this is where we spend most of our time. If you want to get to know us, check out the profiles and consider putting one of your own there so we can get to know you. We are a real nice bunch of ladies!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #3  

I know a lot of people rely on the sugar-free fat-free puddings too. There are a lot of flavors to choose from now too. I think they have a strange aftertaste, but then I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Another favorite people here have is making smoothies out of frozen fruit, skim milk, Splenda, SF FF pudding powder, or other Core ingredients.

My favorite snack is 94% fat-free popcorn. You can have a lot, it's salty and crunchy, and Core.

Hope this helps...definitely come on over to the Core Support thread. There are lots of great people there!

Angela
Old 04-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Yeah, Angela. Thanks for the reminder. Every day I drink a smoothie made from one cup skim, a packet of SF/FF hot chocolate powder, a banana, and 2 ice cubes in the blender. It is creamy like a shake, very sweet and is a FABULOUS way to get in a milk and a fruit. I feel like I'm cheating. I do variations with fresh frozen fruit and then just eliminate the ice cubes. So yummy.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:42 AM   #5  

Default FF grocery items

I second Vicki on the Borden FF cheese. It is hands down the best of everything I tried. Some FF stuff just tastes so bad to me I would rather not eat it! There is a meatball recipe on the forum for core that sounds great. I am going to try it soon.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #6  
Athlete in Training

Take a look at the core recipes, on this board and across the web (I found lots of recipes on a cite called Recipezaar).

I find that cooking meals and freezing leftovers helps keep me eating core since I have something core to eat that's usually better than fast food or just grabbing something out of the fridge.

I buy frozen berries in a bag. I thaw them for my cereal, yogurt, smoothies, whatever. This way I've always got fruit and don't have to worry about the berries getting fuzzy. (Seems like fresh raspberries last for only a couple days in my fridge.)

While you can have eggs on core, I like using Egg Beaters. You can buy them already seasoned, so whipping up a quick omelet is a snap.

Wishbone makes an excellent ff Italian. So far, it's my favorite salad dressing.

Good luck!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks for the recommendation, Terry. I'll give the Italian a try the next time it's on sale!
Closed Thread